Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Why Do So Many People Hate On Ghostcrawler?

It seems like Ghostcrawler gets a lot of hate. People say he has no idea what he's doing, that he's making bad decisions, or that he's being disrespectful to them pretty often these days. While these statements would be unfair for me to judge as correct, or incorrect, because they're often based on opinions; I will say that they seem somewhat unprovoked. Why do people target Ghostcrawler so much when he's just one member of a team? Is it because he's one of the lead developers? Maybe, but he's not the only lead dev. The thing is I couldn't name any of them. Ghostcrawler has his name attatched to more stuff than the others, it seems; at least when dev-playerbase communication is involved. So is that why people dislike him more often than other developers, simply because they see his name more?

Deleted
    Ghostcrawler is/was the mouthpiece for Blizzard's decisions. If they were bad ones, he took the blame because he announced it, whether or not he made the choice to implement the change.

10+ Year Old Account
    He just has one of those faces.

backseat driving/armchair expertise/whiners gotta whine
    twenty-four hour skeleton power

10+ Year Old Account
    Everyone who complains has to blame someone other then themselves, since Ghostcrawler was so prominent he was the one always blamed, even if he rarely ever decided on what happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Alaitoc View Post
    Ghostcrawler is/was the mouthpiece for Blizzard's decisions. If they were bad ones, he took the blame because he announced it, whether or not he made the choice to implement the change.
    That makes sense, but why do people accuse him of being disrespectful?

It's pretty funny how people blame him and actually think he makes the decisions.

I would also like to see how most of you would treat people if you were in his position.

Most people who post on forums feel like these companies actually owe them something after all they give them.

15+ Year Old Account
    He wanted the fame on the Interwebz and he took it.
    Now hes paying the price for his love of fame

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosh View Post
    He wanted the fame on the Interwebz and he took it.
    Now hes paying the price for his love of fame
    One of the most ignorant posts I have seen today. He took out his own time to tell people what Blizzard was doing, discuss with them on mechanics, and everything else. He didn't do it for the fame.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zatheyll View Post
    One of the most ignorant posts I have seen today. He took out his own time to tell people what Blizzard was doing, discuss with them on mechanics, and everything else. He didn't do it for the fame.
    if you've seen his vids thats been put out where he was the voice of blizzard he started out as a normal dev. then upping his game at every event, and the end just ending up as a jackass. reffering to last years Q&A where he pretty much told several people to fuck off because he couldnt be assed to answer a question alot of people were wondering about, and then answering silly questions if they wanted to add aliens and stuff. hope you see my point

10+ Year Old Account
    Some players believe they are entitled to a vote in the development of the game. Even other players believe that their idea/opinion they feel necessary to post are the only opinions and ideas that actually work. Even more players feel they have a deep insight into the inner workings of development and can do a better job than the payed professionals at Blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't really care either way about GC, but his actions in the Cata beta left a sour taste in my mouth. Me and mine were in the Wrath beta, and it was amazing. The player base worked their asses off testing (minus those snafus with the Retadins, /cough) and providing feedback, especially those that were testing Deathknights.

The Cata beta rolls around, and because of the success of the Wrath beta (and Wrath itself) and Blizzard really gave off this vibe that its shit didn't stink and it could do no wrong. The players would provide feedback that would go unheeded, or they'd express their dislike of an intended change and some Blue would descend on them with stern words and condescending bullshit. To be fair, the beta testers were rather cavalier about testing and thought they were basically there to run the show and have every aspect of Cata tailored to their every whim. Yet the Blues blew it way the fuck out of the water. My husband said the troll druid cat forms were indicative of Blizzard's laziness, given that they do look wretched (and looked worse back in the beta - putrid neon colors and horrible textures) with some really wonky textures. He wrote three paragraphs of constructive criticism about how the color schemes were atrocious (just because they're trolls doesn't mean EVERYTHING has to be gaudy) and that the mane looked like the female troll tri-hawk stretched over its back and how the tusks looked like they were just pasted in with no blending on the jaw. Paragraphs of con crit. He used the word "lazy" once, and he was banned for three days for trolling.

If you said something that a pissy Blue didn't agree with you were threatened with being banned from beta. Ghostcrawler pretty much threw his dev peen around like a ten ton hammer on those beta forums. Talking about the warrior trees. Guy who obviously mains a warrior made a post that opened with "Warrior talents are kind of suck right now, and here's why" and went into five posts of theorycrafting on each friggin' talent in every tree. Ghostcrawler reads his opening line, sees the word "suck" and ignores the five full forum posts of theorycrafting and long-winded constructive rambling (and all of the talent discussion that sprung up after) and threatens to remove the guy from the beta, saying that his playing wasn't a right, it was a privilege, and how dare he be so coarse with his criticism and blah blah blah... It left a really sour taste in my mouth, because he would descend on threads like that and just willy-nilly threaten to ban people or condescend players for their opinions. It was like he was on a power trip from his promotion.

TL;DR: GC got a promotion and acted like a tool during the Cata beta and that's why I dislike him. Not hate, just dislike. ...then again, there really aren't any Blues that I can say I "like".

Quote Originally Posted by Rosh View Post
    if you've seen his vids thats been put out where he was the voice of blizzard he started out as a normal dev. then upping his game at every event, and the end just ending up as a jackass. reffering to last years Q&A where he pretty much told several people to fuck off because he couldnt be assed to answer a question alot of people were wondering about, and then answering silly questions if they wanted to add aliens and stuff. hope you see my point
    Whats this great question he refused that so many wanted an answer on? I actually don't know so I'm curious here.

Quote Originally Posted by Zatheyll View Post
    You have no clue what you're talking about.

Just look at some of his posts and videos. He wanted to be the face of the company to the general public. It didn't go so well for him as he turned out to be unlikable. He should have stayed in the background and someone with a more personable persona put up front.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../boombunny/pet

i LOVE ghostcrawler <3

its my horde hunter

10+ Year Old Account
    Because Ghostcrawler is the hero WoW deserves, but not what it needs right now. So we blame him because he can take it. Because hes not our hero. He's the face of Blizzard's decisions, the fall man. A Dark Knight.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jancro View Post
    Because Ghostcrawler is the hero WoW deserves, but not what it needs right now. So we blame him because he can take it. Because hes not our hero. He's the face of Blizzard's decisions, the fall man. A Dark Knight.
    I lol'd irl

10+ Year Old Account
    This GC guy (Greg Street) was also part of another game company called Ensemble Studios, and guess what? That company imploded, so it's not that unreasonable to predict Blizzard will also collapse with his presence.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

Well, for me it's because he's utterly clueless about the issues that he blogs. IE, what ever happened to triage healing? Did the developers just forget about that, and decide that raid wide unavoidable aoe damage was the way to go?
    White Knights on mmo-champion.com forums: Able to troll with no repercussions!

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    because smug people piss me off.

Death improves everyone's reputation...