Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Any ideas if we're going to see a 150 mount achievement now ? Been waiting quite sometime ><

Quote Originally Posted by Eppon View Post
    Why are codes bad to trade for gold? They are essentially ingame items... Ingame for ingame is legal. The store pets are allowed at least.
    Because a code isnt an ingame item, it is purchased in the real world for real money. Which is against the rules Blizzard sets.

You have to input the code to recieve the item and seeing as it isn't BoE (PETS) you are essentially trading cash for gold. Now if if the pets were BoE and you bought the actual ingame item for gold that would be fine. but the TCG pets aren't , only the mounts. therefore what you are doing is ban worthy if they catch you.

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    This is actually incorrect.

Selling the TCG Card or the code on the CARD specifically for gold is a no-no.

Selling the item generated by the code for gold, however, is a perfectly legal transaction. It's a BoE item like any other at that point.

Selling the in-game, already generated item for cash, likewise, would be a violation of our policies. However, selling the card or the code on the card for real world money is acceptable.

Hope that's a bit more clear. >^.^< I know it can certainly get confusing, but so long as you follow the below rule of thumb, it should be pretty simple to identify any gold/item situation.

In-game item for in-game gold = okay
    Out of game item for out of game currency = okay
    In-game item for out of game currency = Not permitted
    Out of game item/service for in-game currency = Not permitted

Any of the items available on the Blizzard store are considered services rendered (much like Transfer or Faction Change services), and are not applicable to the above situation.
    Source: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1922566723#12
    Last edited by The Glitch; 2011-05-26 at 05:16 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Laeroth View Post
    Any ideas if we're going to see a 150 mount achievement now ? Been waiting quite sometime ><
    Mount achievements always take forever. The 100 mounts one wasn't added until Argent tournament and such got big, which was 3 major patches into wotlk. While the former one, 50 mounts, was released with wotlk.
    Might have something to do with the fact that there aren't as many mounts as there are pets and they are harder to collect. So Blizzard will probably add some more mounts before thinking about adding an achievement, so more people than one per server can actually get it.

---------- Post added 2011-05-26 at 05:06 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Dancing Turkey View Post
    Because a code isnt an ingame item, it is purchased in the real world for real money. Which is against the rules Blizzard sets.

You have to input the code to recieve the item and seeing as it isn't BoE (PETS) you are essentially trading cash for gold. Now if if the pets were BoE and you bought the actual ingame item for gold that would be fine. but the TCG pets aren't , only the mounts. therefore what you are doing is ban worthy if they catch you.
    I guess I'll have to warn that person on my server who sells tcg items for gold... Pity. Well, store pets are still perfectly fine, right? because they are bought directly from Blizzard and no actual rl money can be traded for gold, only the item for gold. You aren't allowed to sell the store pets for rl money.

I guess I'll have to warn that person on my server who sells tcg items for gold... Pity. Well, store pets are still perfectly fine, right? because they are bought directly from Blizzard and no actual rl money can be traded for gold, only the item for gold. You aren't allowed to sell the store pets for rl money.
    I added a blue quote for clarification. Yes Blizzstore pets and mounts are fine so long as your the one buying them for your own account. Not paying someone in game gold to purchase one for you.

Deleted
    I added a blue quote for clarification. Yes Blizzstore pets and mounts are fine so long as your the one buying them for your own account. Not paying someone in game gold to purchase one for you.
    Actually I meant that. Paying someone gold to gift them to you. It's basically ingame gold for ingame item.
    I can see why tcg items would not be allowed because they are essentially rl items, the cards the items come from. A bop item from a card must mean the owner of the items owns the card and having bought that with gold would be too hard to see if it is ingame item for ingame item as the cards are both ingame item and rl item.
    However, paying someone gold to buy you a store pet, all the rl money goes to Blizzard. There was no rl money involved in the transaction whatsoever. They gift you an ingame item for the gold. Ingame for ingame. No rl money involved.
    Not counting the plushies.

Deleted
    Its a very nice pet, and it'll probably be quite rare too. Dont know many people with anything near 150

Actually I meant that. Paying someone gold to gift them to you. It's basically ingame gold for ingame item.
    I can see why tcg items would not be allowed because they are essentially rl items, the cards the items come from. A bop item from a card must mean the owner of the items owns the card and having bought that with gold would be too hard to see if it is ingame item for ingame item as the cards are both ingame item and rl item.
    However, paying someone gold to buy you a store pet, all the rl money goes to Blizzard. There was no rl money involved in the transaction whatsoever. They gift you an ingame item for the gold. Ingame for ingame. No rl money involved.
    Not counting the plushies.
    You would be paying someone in game gold for them to pay real life money for a pet, thats a no go. So as I said if you buy the blizzstore items yourself for your own account, or a friend gifts them to your account (no gold passing hands in game) then it's fine. If you pay someone in game with gold to purchase a blizz store pet for your account thats bannable.

Deleted
    You would be paying someone in game gold for them to pay real life money for a pet, thats a no go. So as I said if you buy the blizzstore items yourself for your own account, or a friend gifts them to your account (no gold passing hands in game) then it's fine. If you pay someone in game with gold to purchase a blizz store pet for your account thats bannable.
    Well, then they can go ahead and ban me if they like. I can't buy anything online. And I'll admit I gave people gold who gave me the pets I now own.
    I'm strictly against spending more than my subscription fee. So I guess I'll forever lag behind for not being rich.
    I've been informed now, and I won't continue doing 'illegal' things like that. Thanks for the heads up.

Well, then they can go ahead and ban me if they like. I can't buy anything online. And I'll admit I gave people gold who gave me the pets I now own.
    I'm strictly against spending more than my subscription fee. So I guess I'll forever lag behind for not being rich.
    I've been informed now, and I won't continue doing 'illegal' things like that. Thanks for the heads up.
    No problem! Sorry I had to be the bearer of bad news! But if it was myself in your shoes I would be glad to know too, as I do not want my account being banned, too much work involved to lose it for something so silly.

Deleted
    No problem! Sorry I had to be the bearer of bad news! But if it was myself in your shoes I would be glad to know too, as I do not want my account being banned, too much work involved to lose it for something so silly.
    I really don't understand it, though. The cards, because they are too easy to mess with and they are a random thing in packets. Sure trading those for ingame money could be illegal considering the rl money involved that would not end up in Blizzard's hands.
    But the store pets? All the RL money involved in that is directly given to Blizzard. There's no way someone could make RL money selling those on.

Anyway, I guess I'll never get the other store pets or any upcoming pets or mounts because Blizzard doesn't appear to want more people to pay money for them.

Nobody will ever gift me them, either. The one thing I ever got gifted was the sparklepony. At least it'll match my sparkledragon, which I would have gotten without my unknowingly 'illegally obtained' pets, anyway.
    No need to be sad.
    None whatsoever.
    Unless I get banned.

According to Warcraftpets there are 198 pets in game. This number is slightly misleading though, because some pets are no longer obtainable(the Olympics pet for example), some are region specific(there are a few pets only available to Asian regions), some are mutually exclusive on a single character(if your character has the Horde Guild Herald, he cannot also have the Alliance Guild Herald on the same toon, so even though WCPets lists them as 2 pets, they are not 2 pets that can be obtained on 1 character). So, if you remove those pets the number decreases a bit, but still plenty over 150. Admittedly, some of them will be quite difficult to obtain now(Collector's Edition pets for example, and some of the rarer TCG pets you'll have to get either really lucky or shell out a ton of cash for) 150 is definitely obtainable. My lock is currently at 137, and even excluding all the Ally only pets, all the CE pets, all the TCG pets, and all the no longer available and region exclusive pets, I still have 20 or so that I have a shot at obtaining. And once 4.2 goes live, this number will likely go up. Assuming nothing changes, as soon as 4.2 goes live my number should go up by 2 as I'll be getting the reward pets for the Petting Zoo and Menagerie achievements, plus there will be a new daily that upon completing it 10 times, awards whichever of the 2 Mini Jouster pets you didn't take in Hyjal when you first went through there. Unfortunately, most of the pets I'm missing are random drops(Phoenix Hatchling, Mr. Pinchy) and can require a LOT of griding to get. Others are not only random drops but are also only available for a short period of time per year(Toxic Wasteling, Frigid Frostling). I'm still missing Pebble(7/10), still missing Rustberg Gull(started doing TB on my lock recently, and getting mounts first), I still have 2 Children's Week pets I need, still need the Tol'vir archeology pet, don't have any of the guild reward pets(I'm in a small guild, so some of these aren't real likely to ever happen:-/), and theoretically I could buy 1 or both plushies to get their associated pets(unlikely, but it's still an option).

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Enderfish View Post
    We all play this game.. and even worse if you don't play this game but actively read and respond to its forums. Not to mention I see a GW2 pic as your icon.. did you really just insult that guy for being a pet collector.. really? You know da Nile is not just a river in Egypt.
    lol'd at your last part, so stealing that

Cute dragon, having it on my hunter will be fun, even though it's my only toon with the Olympic dragon. Still the only pet I bring out =]

Pet Number

There are actually 142 pets currently obtainable in game if you exclude all pets no longer obtainable, CE pets, or pets that require rl money. I made a WarcraftPets page where I keep track of that for when I level alts.

This list only includes Horde specific pets for when there's one of two to choose from, or a horde/alliance equivalent, so this is the maximum amount you could get on a single character. The only problem is that you'd have to have done four years of Children's Week quests to get all 142 of them, but it is still possible.

Now let's take 142 and add to it:
    1 for Nuts(100 pets)
    1 for the Kailri(125 pets)
    1 for Tarecgosa Whelp(legendary staff completion in guild)

Unknown as of yet, but datamined:
    Fire Lasher
    Hyjal Bear Cub
    Feline Familiar
    Creepy Crate
    Winged Lion Cub

Additional:
    Chirping Box(The 'Unbeatable?' Pterodactyl: BEATEN achievement reward)
    Searing Scorchling?(The old Midsummer drop - Blizzard said it would come back in the future, and perhaps this is a good patch for that to happen)

That means that there will be 145 DEFINITE pets that will be obtainable in 4.2. Assuming you've spent so long on WoW that you have all the Children's Week pets, you've probably picked up some others such as the Onyxian Whelpling, Baby Blizzard Bear, etc. Perhaps you bought some pets from the Blizzard Store, or attended Blizzcon/bought the stream, participated in the arena tournament for Murkimus, got some TCG pets(both cheap and expensive), bought or owned a Collector's Edition(WoW expansions or SC2), etc. Maybe you just won a contest or giveaway somewhere and got a pet that way. If you've started collecting recently and don't want to spend rl money on pets it will probably be near-impossible to get this until another expansion/pet release(there are 10 Children's Week pets now - if you only started collecting this year that's already -7 to your collection that won't be easily farmable). Otherwise, especially if you've spent some extra RL money on pets, you're probably going to be able to just pick up a couple extra harder to obtain in-game pets you don't have yet and get 150.

Quote Originally Posted by MrSerious View Post
    "Hi my name is X, I'm a collector"
    "sounds interesting, what do you collect?"
    "little animated pets that follow my online roleplaying character around..."
    "oh" walks away...
    y so jelly?

On topic: I would like to get this lil critter, awfully cute.

Quote Originally Posted by Makronette View Post
    Er you do know this pet is an achievement award for I think 150 pets right? It's not store bought, might want to read in to it before jumping to conclusions.

Think it's a lovely looking little pet too
    At this rate you would have to buy all the blizz store pets just to get too 150 pets lol

Deleted
    I want this as a mount xD

Quote Originally Posted by Youwow View Post
    I want this as a mount xD
    As do I. That would be awesomeness +1!

Quote Originally Posted by MrSerious View Post
    "Hi my name is X, I'm a collector"
    "sounds interesting, what do you collect?"
    "little animated pets that follow my online roleplaying character around..."
    "oh" walks away...
    Really? Thats an Insult? Wow... you DO play WoW right? So how can you insult someone (poorly) over collecting pets... when you play a little pixle animated game yourself...

btw,

149 pets at the moment! Can't wait for this cutie ^^

"Hey, Ive collected 150 useless pets to get an award"

"Nice, so what did you win?"

"Another pet"

-.-

Mount achievements always take forever. The 100 mounts one wasn't added until Argent tournament and such got big, which was 3 major patches into wotlk. While the former one, 50 mounts, was released with wotlk.
    Might have something to do with the fact that there aren't as many mounts as there are pets and they are harder to collect. So Blizzard will probably add some more mounts before thinking about adding an achievement, so more people than one per server can actually get it.
    Hrm I think there are approx 186 mounts per faction available, and 198 pets ? Pretty small gap. Yes some are no longer obtainable, but that's also the case with pets. They've actually added a considerable number of mounts since Cata released, and there appears to be a further influx with 4.2. Personally I'm a lot more fond of and proud of my mount collecting than my pets. Can't ride around on pets Fingers crossed that when they do decide to implement one, it's a new model to reflect the time and effort gathering such a collection.