Poll: Blizzard's favorite class this expansion?

Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukus View Post
    I have no clue wtf you're talking about. Would you please list something that was "OP" in paladins in Cataclysm?

Any spec will do. Just because Blizzard thinks ret/prot self healing was too much doesnt mean anything..rogues had better self healing even when we could spam WoG at the expense of dmg.
    somethign thats not op in paladins hmmmmmmm besides our dps relying to heavily apon procs.... ?

besides us hitting for random numbers unless were in full 359 gear..... the shit goes on and on if you play a pally you should know how random it is yourself. my dps varies from 4k-13k that shit is to unreliable. and yes i am hit and expertise cap and yes i do have a fair rotation.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler

If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.

Quote Originally Posted by Shmeh View Post
    Hey guys. I heard that Blizzard balances PvP around 1v1. Get a healer with an offensive dispel that actually uses it, and dispels you, and you'll wreck the mages you complain about.
    Defensive dispell. Offensive dispell is dispelling the mage. Dispelling roots/freezes will mess up the mage more than losing ice barrier due to a dispel.

10+ Year Old Account
    wow, thought it would be DKs for sure, I know the Mage thing, but they have been consistently OP, DKs got godly when Cata came out.
    Three kinds of people in this world
    1. Those who make things happen
    2. People who sit and want things to happen
    3. Those who sit and wonder what happened

Which one are you?

Quote Originally Posted by Fazdran View Post
    Blizzard: Ring of Frost has a 1.5 second cast time, oh and Spellsteal has a 6 second cooldown.
    Mages: WHAT THE FUCK BLIZZARD? YOU GUYS SUCK THAT SHIT ISN'T NEEDED YOU FUCKING HATE MAGES.
    Blizzard: Ring of Frost no longer has a cast time, and Spellsteal no longer has a cooldown.
    Do the math. Ring of frost is an entirely avoidable cc unless you use a cc to force people into it. With a 1.5 second cast time, and a 3 second activation time, deep freeze and dragon's breathing people in the ring is dead. They would have .5 seconds to get out.

Spellsteal will cost 7k mana. Most classes have tons of garbage buffs that get stolen before the one that you actually want to dispel.

Get Challenger and we'll talk.

Blizzard: Ring of Frost has a 1.5 second cast time, oh and Spellsteal has a 6 second cooldown.
    Mages: WHAT THE FUCK BLIZZARD? YOU GUYS SUCK THAT SHIT ISN'T NEEDED YOU FUCKING HATE MAGES.
    Blizzard: Ring of Frost no longer has a cast time, and Spellsteal no longer has a cooldown.
    again how does that make mages op. you quote me then say nothing about what i asked.

mages, one of the highest ranged dps in pve,
    and don't get me started on frost in battlegrounds.

Quote Originally Posted by Jarkeld View Post
    Defensive dispell. Offensive dispell is dispelling the mage. Dispelling roots/freezes will mess up the mage more than losing ice barrier due to a dispel.
    I am aware of that, I said both. Offensive dispel on the mages barrier, and dispels you (as in the people complaining about mages.)

Do the math. Ring of frost is an entirely avoidable cc unless you use a cc to force people into it. With a 1.5 second cast time, and a 3 second activation time, deep freeze and dragon's breathing people in the ring is dead. They would have .5 seconds to get out.

Spellsteal will cost 7k mana. Most classes have tons of garbage buffs that get stolen before the one that you actually want to dispel.

Get Challenger and we'll talk.
    Quote Originally Posted by rhomi View Post
    again how does that make mages op. you quote me then say nothing about what i asked.
    Exactly what I'd expect to see Mages say.

10+ Year Old Account
    lurking in the bushes outside of your window.
    Quote Originally Posted by herpecin View Post
    nerf paper, scissors are fine.

sincerely, rock.
    This, very much so. If you think blizz favors any class, TRY THAT CLASS. Once you realize how wrong you are, come back and post. Every class has a counter. I've played a bit of each class, in most environments, they all have strengths and weaknesses.

Not sure how you are approaching this, a general QQ thread about someone else being stronger than you pvp wise, or why some other guy is ripping you apart in the dps meters, or what. Then again, you could just be asking so you can play that class. Mages, shadow priests, hunters are pretty solid right now (range is king atm). But the truth comes from who is setting behind the keyboard, not what class they happen to be playing.

I PvP as fire. Herrderr.

Edit: Forgot to mention, I provided valid points. You pointed at mages and let out a deep gutteral derp.
    Last edited by Shmeh; 2011-05-26 at 04:41 AM.

Mage. 3 Competetive DPS specs.

One absurdly powerful PvP spec that somehow manages to evade the nerfbat every single major and minor patch. I honestly don't think any other class compares.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

then say something other then we are op, all i hear is a bunch of nothing. what makes us op. not 1 person in 3 pages has listed anything that makes us op just a bunch of whining about something that nobody has shown.

10+ Year Old Account
    I PvP as fire. Herrderr.

Edit: Forgot to mention, I provided valid points. You pointed at mages and let out a deep gutteral derp.
    You play as fire. I have soooooo much respect for you *(ºuº)*

10+ Year Old Account
    The title is innacurate, as Blizz doesn't "favor" any particular class. Certain classes will do well for a long time, and people will take this as favoritism. In reality, classes stay powerful because Blizz can't find a good way to weaken one aspect of their fighting style without making others weak. Frost Mages do very well in PvP, but they are quite weak in a raiding scenario. This a problem, and puts Mages in a good position while Blizz tries to rework them to be viable in both settings.

No class is "favored", but certain classes ARE generally better off than others. Mages (mainly Frost) have been extremely powerful in PvP (at least, 1v1 and low-level Arena), as opposed to someone like Priests, who have been in an 'eh' position. Warriors and Frost DKs are also in a good place, and while Hunters are weak in Arena, they are great in BGs.

If you were to change the title of the thread to "Which class has been strongest in Cata?", than it would be Mages.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rhomi View Post
    then say something other then we are op, all i hear is a bunch of nothing. what makes us op. not 1 person in 3 pages has listed anything that makes us op just a bunch of whining about something that nobody has shown.
    You'd have to play another class and see for yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Warlight View Post
    You play as fire. I have soooooo much respect for you *(ºuº)*
    Not sure if serious, but thanks. It's clearly worse than frost, but much I prefer the play style. Though Living Bomb could do with some dispel protection.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Mage for sure, self explanatory no? I mean really there amazing in DPS. Amazing in pvp wise ( no I don't arena don't kill me )

Frost DK says hunters and shadow priests have been favored. Epic troll or complete retard? Taking all bets.

Cows

every expansion is just about the cows

Interesting thread, mages are getting quite the awesomeness in PvP.
    Ret and Rogues too.

But Frost DKs? I don't even understand the nerfs, I play 1900+ arena, I can 1v1 most people, but that doesn't mean I'm OP. 2v2 and you're not beating a Frost DK? You're doing it wrong. Frost DKs aren't actually that powerful compared to other classes, and yet we see even more nerfs, clearly the problem is that so much seems to be based on lower ratings, but when you get to 2500+ and people can play their class. Welp, it balances out better up there.