Poll: Blizzard's favorite class this expansion?

Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Shmeh View Post
    Do the math. Ring of frost is an entirely avoidable cc unless you use a cc to force people into it. With a 1.5 second cast time, and a 3 second activation time, deep freeze and dragon's breathing people in the ring is dead. They would have .5 seconds to get out.

Spellsteal will cost 7k mana. Most classes have tons of garbage buffs that get stolen before the one that you actually want to dispel.

Get Challenger and we'll talk.
    GOD you are the most hilarious person ever. I hope your trolling
    otherwise its obvious your a mage and the fact that you said "Get Challenger and we'll talk." is so freaking funny. Challenger is practically given out for free for participating in arena. Dont act like its an actual achievement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Editos View Post
    you can't debate with a game that sends you dragons via mail

10+ Year Old Account
    Mages? I can think of several classes that just chew up mages without issue, warlocks being a prime example.

If anything, I'd say DK's. Seriously what were Blizzard thinking letting DK's just run into arena and hit howling blast 30 times without a care in the world; full well knowing they're gonna mess something up.
    Oh also, and their BS self healing.

warrior of course.

if you take into consideration where teh warrior was before cata and where teh mage was before cata.... the warrior got buffed SUBSTANTIALLY MORE than the mage did, in comparison, after cata came out with all the changes.

warriors went from being shitty to awesome
    mages went from meh to meh. Ya mage dps is good.. buts its a pure dps.. its always been good..

Frost DK or Warriors., mages were balanced since people got resil in December. This game isn't a 1v1 game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by herpecin View Post
    nerf paper, scissors are fine.

sincerely, rock.
    Really? It was fun 500 years ago in threads where it actually made sense.

OT: Mages by far. Not just for Cataclysm tho, more like all expansions.

is it sad i never looked at this thread and i knew it was mage before i voted? i mean seroiusly...the majority cant be wrong.
    my friend code...

5241-1925-7760 name toasty

up for battles ...after 10/18/2013

10+ Year Old Account
    Freakin mages by a fair deal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mages and resto shamans : o

Quote Originally Posted by Sykol View Post
    I fail to see how a half-assed "fix" almost half a year into an expansion makes mages OP. The only thing they could possibly be considered OP at is PVP, and that's generally 1v1 because it's unbalanced as hell and anyone with a quarter of a brain can figure out how to CC. If you can't beat a frost mage, you need to reroll or consider playing something like Hello Kitty Island Adventure.
    Why would I need to beat a frost mage if I'm playing a frost mage?
    Actually, Mr. Lennon, I CAN imagine a world with no hatred, religion, war, or violence.
    I can also imagine attacking such a world, because they would never see it coming.

http://mhkeehn.tripod.com/trashcan.jpg
    http://politicalhumor.about.com/libr...s/carville.jpe

For once, Carville was a man ahead of his time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shmeh View Post
    Not sure if serious, but thanks. It's clearly worse than frost, but much I prefer the play style. Though Living Bomb could do with some dispel protection.
    I'am very serious, because when I see a fire mage I will at least make an attempt to win. When I see frost, I just crawl up into a ball and die.

Quote Originally Posted by mupto View Post
    warrior of course.

if you take into consideration where teh warrior was before cata and where teh mage was before cata.... the warrior got buffed SUBSTANTIALLY MORE than the mage did, in comparison, after cata came out with all the changes.

mages went from meh to meh. Ya mage dps is good.. buts its a pure dps.. its always been good..
    You considered warrior dps in late wotlk to be shitty? That's some strong shit you're smokin there
    Actually, Mr. Lennon, I CAN imagine a world with no hatred, religion, war, or violence.
    I can also imagine attacking such a world, because they would never see it coming.

http://mhkeehn.tripod.com/trashcan.jpg
    http://politicalhumor.about.com/libr...s/carville.jpe

For once, Carville was a man ahead of his time.

Quote Originally Posted by godofslack View Post
    To be fair the people who honestly believe that blizzard favors a single class are stupid plain and simple. That doesn't make any logical sense, why on earth would a company make one section of it's player base better than the rest?

I'm sure mage will win the poll. But, that's because 70% of people on MMO-champion are band-wagon jumpers and 10% are utterly ignorant. It's a shame that the 70% of sheep often listen to the 10% that are ignorant.
    ^ someone rolls a mage and is angry that he has no skill.

Quote Originally Posted by Kikazz View Post
    somethign thats not op in paladins hmmmmmmm besides our dps relying to heavily apon procs.... ?

besides us hitting for random numbers unless were in full 359 gear..... the shit goes on and on if you play a pally you should know how random it is yourself. my dps varies from 4k-13k that shit is to unreliable. and yes i am hit and expertise cap and yes i do have a fair rotation.
    If you're relying on procs to go from 4k to 14k you're terrible...

Quote Originally Posted by mupto View Post
    warrior of course.

Warriors have definitely been the class that has been the best off in terms of balance throughout WoWs history. HELL EVEN TOM CRUISE THINKS WARRIORS ARE AMAZING http://warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=142359
    Quote Originally Posted by Editos View Post
    you can't debate with a game that sends you dragons via mail

15+ Year Old Account
    Resto shammies, and I am glad of it.

Quote Originally Posted by rhomi View Post
    to everyone thats saying mage ,could you please explain other then just saying mage. i play a mage and my dps is on par with mm and surv hunters, unholy dk's and warriors if we all are around the same gear. look at the website state of dps and we are like 7 down on the list. so instead of saying mages are op could you explain what makes them op. cause i sure would like to get in on it.
    Does this really even have to be talked about? Just look around on some of the class forums over the last couple of months. It's been talked about consistently throughout Cata thus far.
    Sell the Vatican, Feed the World

Definately aint locks, if we all remember a majority of lock changes were nerfs

Armory^

Deleted
    Im so happy I dont play a melee, I have no problem with mages..

Quote Originally Posted by RyanRetnolds View Post
    Frost Mages do very well in PvP, but they are quite weak in a raiding scenario.
    I've raided with a frost mage who was able to put out 16-17k dps. While I know that's not 'the best' damage (in a raiding sense) by any means, it's still good and very viable for raiding.

Maybe he got a bunch of critical hits in that fight? *shrug*

It would take a lot of denial to say that mages aren't both in a good place, and are receiving a ton of developer attention at the same time.

They have 3 viable PvE specs, many quality of life abilities, and cool factor to spare.

I'm not sure how anybody can refute that they are on top of the pile at the moment. Not claiming they are OP, simply that as a class they certainly have life better then most, if not all. On top if it, they seem to be getting the lion's share of dev love as well.

Enjoy it, don't fight it.
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx View Post
    Blizzard is a conglomerate that through lower sub numbers has raised revenue. They're not stupid, they're just not catering to you.
    Yes yes, I know, the sky just bonked you on the head, casuals are taking over the government, and some baddie just got a raid drop... I think you'll live.

http://darisdroppings.wordpress.com