Poll: Blizzard's favorite class this expansion?

Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Lawl, you only say mage because frost is op in pvp.
    My dmg in raids are the same as hunters.

Add 'in PVP' to topic title. Right now the discussion and the poll results are only considering this part.

Quote Originally Posted by LaplaceNoMa View Post
    PvP most favored: mage
    PvP least favored: hunter

PvE most favored: hunter
    PvE least favored: mage

Funny, isn't it
    Quote Originally Posted by foxHeart View Post
    The unfortunate fact of the matter is that many, many people in wow are very passionate in their obsession with acting like a complete retard.

Quote Originally Posted by Senaelanna View Post
    Mage/Paladin. I wish I had my class reworked into broken OPness every expansion like Paladins.
    Really hope you're not talking about pvp, because Paladins are by far the shittiest healers right now. They were the best at the beginning of the expansion, and the best healers and were pretty much all the way through Wrath, but In BC, paladins were barely used, except for 5s. Shamans are the best healers right now by far followed by priests and druids a little behind, that will change with the coming patch though.

Quote Originally Posted by PineappleDude View Post
    Mage by far. And shaman are the forgotten one by blizzard
    I really hope you're not talking about resto shamans in pvp because if you are you're a complete idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by Varyk View Post
    It's mages or hunters. Shadow Priests are also up there. The rest (dks) aren't rly even close.
    Quote Originally Posted by Asotcha View Post
    all i know is its not rogues or shamans ...both the classes i play rofls
    My class isn't op because i play it. Both (resto) shaman and rogue are really good right now, so i don't know what you're complaining about. If you're talking about elemental shamans, i feel your pain

Quote Originally Posted by Psilo View Post
    People forget that for all of T11 up until patch 4.1, Mages had 1 viable PvE spec out of 3.

THAT is why all the buffs came in. They were PvE buffs. But, whatever... people will interpret things however they see fit.
    They really need to come up with a new system so balancing pve abilities doesn't affect pvp abilities. I really think they should just split off the abilities into 2 different things like they do X for pve and Y for pvp that way they can balance each class a lot easier without ruining a different part of the game.
    Last edited by Creptius; 2011-05-26 at 06:30 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lascer
    I don't always drink tears, but when i do, i prefer undead's.

Stay feared my friends.

I voted mage, and I play a mage, I think its true to be honest, and I like it ^^

Confirmed: Anyone who didn't pick mage is a mage.
    (Joking, it's all in good fun friends!)

Deleted
    HmmmmmmmmmmMage

LOL at people who picked Paladins. You don't know.

I honestly thought blood DKs because of thier heals and thier mastery
    But it is definely not paladin I play them and they are like Blizzard's abused children and thats why I play gmod more now... Blizzard you games needs to be fixed the fuck beyond belief
    If you are reading this, Congratulations you have nothing better to read

10+ Year Old Account
    Kek at the poll numbers.

P.S Mages of course.

P.P.S Damn mages!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dramanie View Post
    Lawl, you only say mage because frost is op in pvp.
    My dmg in raids are the same as hunters.
    Read a little closer, Captain Defensive. No one's saying you need a nerf, we're saying they've received the most positive attention of all of the classes in this expansion, which is just fact.

Just because you're not effortlessly topping meters on every fight in every raid on every moonphase doesn't mean you aren't in a really good spot. Soak it up.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

Something that I think needs to be said...

I can't speak for everybody, and Elune knows on the forums it's even more skewed, but most people don't think mages need tuned down, they want to feel as tho their class is as good.

I see mages as a design success. I hope to see them used as the model going forward with class design. I don't wan't to see you guys nerfed, I want to see the same love and attention you have gotten. I want all classes to have 3 viable specs, and frills, and cool factor.

Sure, some people are jealous and sour, but many of us are rational and don't want to take anything from you. We just want the same treatment.
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx View Post
    Blizzard is a conglomerate that through lower sub numbers has raised revenue. They're not stupid, they're just not catering to you.
    Yes yes, I know, the sky just bonked you on the head, casuals are taking over the government, and some baddie just got a raid drop... I think you'll live.

http://darisdroppings.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by Snes View Post
    Every time I see someone say Hello Kitty island Adventure I can't take them seriously. That's your life; WoW and South Park? Frost mages were a problem before 4.1 you know, btw.
    Every time I see someone reference a previous patch or some "pre-nerf" crap, I can't take them seriously, either. You know what else was a problem in 1v1? Warriors. Shamans. Druids. Paladins. Death Knights. Is that your life? Duels and unranked arena?

cwutididthar?

Mages are not OP by a long shot. What, we have three viable specs? Shit, son, we SHOULD have three viable specs. We can't tank or heal; what use would one or two extra specs be if they couldn't do anything? And when people say viable, they should really clarify. PVP viability is not the same as PVE, just like PVE viability is not the same as PVP. Take an arcane mage into an actual arena. Go ahead, queue up with your 3s team. I'll wait.

Done? Dead? Probably the last one targeted once they saw you weren't rocking a water ele? Yeah, welcome to every mage spec ever besides frost since PVP was invented.

Now, for a fun exercise, go raid as frost. Hell, go do a random heroic as frost. If you could take a time machine back to when Cat first dropped, I'd challenge you to do it as arcane, as well. Why? Because both specs did exactly jack and shit when it came to raiding. Only now has arcane been brought in line with fire as a viable spec, and that's after an entire expansion when fire was considered moderately more useful than letting your grandmother play your toon so you didn't have to poop-sock it. As for frost? You may as well bring in a holy pally and let him cast exorcism against everything as his main means of DPS.

Mage specs have basically bounced around being somewhat decent to fairly terrible in past expansions, with arcane at the height of ICC being the only time where they could faceroll like a lot of other classes had the chance to do before. And right when arcane was getting good, what happens? Cataclysm drops, everyone goes lolfire, and hunters in greens out-damage epic-geared mages because of bad RNG and poor mechanics that take literally four years to get fixed. And even when they do get fixed, it isn't really a fix. It's like trying to neuter your cat, then deciding it costs too much and instead relying on spraying him with water whenever you see him try to mount his sister. It works as intended maybe fifty percent of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Prothall View Post
    So, in order to have proper balance in 1v1 against a mage, you actually have to have 1v2.

Am i reading that right?
    Yeah because if you let a match come down to your melee vs a Mage you fucked up your kill order it has nothing to do with blizz, has to do with you being bad

Being a Mage on MMO-Champion is like being Jewish in 1939 Germany.
    I wish we could Like posts on here sometimes. I really do.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Mage might have had most improvement lately, but i also remember that in several years they didn't get a thing where all other classes got improvement all the time.

Deleted
    lol at the vote results... just shows how similar the mindset of the wow gaming community is to the dodos in cartoons, one random dodo gets an idea and shouts it out to the rest and volia you have a bunch of mindless drones following said dodo of the freakin cliff, chanting the same omg mages are so op song while falling to their inevitable death.

The question now is how to get the brainless gaming dodos extinct just like the real ones?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sykol View Post
    Every time I see someone reference a previous patch or some "pre-nerf" crap, I can't take them seriously, either.
    Right, because previous patches in cataclysm aren't relevant to a thread that EXPLICITLY STATES that we are talking about things IN CATACLYSM.
    Mages are not OP by a long shot.
    Denial.
    Take an arcane mage into an actual arena. Go ahead, queue up with your 3s team. I'll wait.
    Sure, just as soon as you qeue up in 3v3 with your combat rogue, holy priest, or destro lock, etc.

Now, for a fun exercise, go raid as frost.
    Cool, I'll qeue up with your sub rogue! Deal?

Cataclysm drops, everyone goes lolfire, and hunters in greens out-damage epic-geared mages because of bad RNG and poor mechanics that take literally four years to get fixed. players that gem mastery for increased DoT damage.
    Fixed.

I LOVE how defensive the mages here are getting; Astralvibe a prime example. "Wha, everyone hates mages! I guess EVERYONE IS A BRAINLESS SHEEP BECAUSE THERE'S NO WAY THE CLASS I PLAY ACTUALLY HAS AN ADVANTAGE!"
    Scream "mob mentality", "sheeple", or "dodos" all you want, it doesn't omit the fact that you are factually wrong. Sorry.
    Last edited by Snes; 2011-05-26 at 07:15 AM.
    Take a break from politics once in awhile, it's good for you.

lol'd @ poll

couldnt agree more

every patch notes seems to be some kind of mage buff

I like that mages are here to rage at everyone, but the votes keep coming in for them.

Being a Mage on MMO-Champion is like being Jewish in 1939 Germany.
    tasteless, utterly tasteless.
    you should be ashamed.

onto the topic: magi, no doubt.

wow, are we in Egypt?
    cause the Nile is flooding this thread.
    Last edited by mordale; 2011-05-26 at 07:19 AM.

Only reason people keep saying mage is because they are tired of being owned by them in PvP, only thing about mages i think need a nerf are their shield. Thats about it.

I play a shaman, Dk, lock.

FROST DKS NEED TO BE NERFED! I HIT PEOPLE FOR HALF THEIR LIFE, THATS A PROBLEM.
    I play my shaman all the time and i smile to myself when i beat anyone in anything cause their doing it wrong. obviously lol.