Page 28 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    You can see too that the 1.5s cast on Hungering Cold is still there for DK, but still no casting time for Ring of Frost.
    Damn, those Whinny Mages are really
    are u stupid ? ring of frost doesnt freeze asap. it takes x seconds to START freeze

Quote Originally Posted by Tricksterjim View Post
    Love the DKs who are upset because (1) they can't solo heroic dungeon bosses any more or (2) they can't win 1 v. 2 anymore. Welcome to being balanced. If you want to self heal, roll blood spec and presence and you will still heal like a truck. I can solo ozruk heroic in blood spec and pres. Tell me another tank that can do that.
    Tell me a tank that sucks as hard at tanking adds.

Quote Originally Posted by dotoni View Post
    are u stupid ? ring of frost doesnt freeze asap. it takes x seconds to START freeze
    and doesn't require you to stand in the middle of the battle with no escape tool.

the whole game is a perpetual balancing act.. constantly.. the beginning of xpac ppl had to level up to 85 and start in blues and greens. its why they are balancing again. because players are now geared and coming into more raids, more prepared than at start. So blizz AGAIN has to balance this. Its a constant see-saw balancing act. Blizz balances classes in relation to the gear and content, and progression through it; What is available and what is coming out.

Beginning of xpac toons needed to be a little OP to get geared up without too much grief. Once they are geared up and more content is on its way, blizz swings the balance back a bit, to account for ppl already being geared and used to their new rotations..

its hard to believe that so many ppl don't catch on to this.. and label everything buffs and nerfs without taking into consideration the context or environment they are currently playing in and what is on the horizon of being released......

Quote Originally Posted by mupto View Post
    the whole game is a perpetual balancing act.. constantly.. the beginning of xpac ppl had to level up to 85 and start in blues and greens. its why they are balancing again. because players are now geared and coming into more raids, more prepared than at start. So blizz AGAIN has to balance this. Its a constant see-saw balancing act. Blizz balances classes in relation to the gear and content, and progression through it; What is available and what is coming out.

Beginning of xpac toons needed to be a little OP to get geared up without too much grief. Once they are geared up and more content is on its way, blizz swings the balance back a bit, to account for ppl already being geared and used to their new rotations..

its hard to believe that so many ppl don't catch on to this.. and label everything buffs and nerfs without taking into consideration the context or environment they are currently playing in and what is on the horizon of being released......
    Yeah sure...because blizzard proofed always to be so ahead of the balancing curve. Despite the fact that I totally fail to see the connection between "what's on the horizon" read what raids are coming up next and the class nerfs discussed in here especially considering that dk's are probably the last class to have some hidden omg scaling is too powerful talent.
    Last edited by cFortyfive; 2011-06-05 at 04:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by whoranzone View Post
    Yeah sure...because blizzard proofed always to be so ahead of the balancing curve. Despite the fact that I totally fail to see the connection between "what's on the horizon" read what raids are coming up next and the class nerfs discussed in here.
    i would advise you to get a job for blizzard since your incredible insight is somehow being overlooked by the blizzard development team. how could they not hire such talent right under their nose.. unless...

i like this nerf means i actually stand a chance killing a dk now in pvp <3

Quote Originally Posted by mupto View Post
    i would advise you to get a job for blizzard since your incredible insight is somehow being overlooked by the blizzard development team. how could they not hire such talent right under their nose.. unless...
    Sorry I hardly believe they can effort me and I also believe that there are more suitable candidates in the community already which they just could ask for advice. You know just like they ask for advice on balancing their other big game....perhaps you heard of it. Starcraft
    Last edited by cFortyfive; 2011-06-05 at 04:52 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dotoni View Post
    Why don't just make it instant and broken by every damage? Oh noes that'd be too harsh.
    It's funny now to watch DKs wreck healers, ignore casters or even disarms (being melee class themselfs), and still getting their T2 weapons.
    Obviously this stuff has been over the top, and if they implement "Scourge strike" solution for Frost spec, I wouldn't be surprised at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Xanda View Post
    Nerfbat doesn't stop.

I have to admit it was a bit necessary
    So... what was the point of this thread...?

Quote Originally Posted by Symby View Post
    so if you see them making a class change a buff or a nerf that means they know what they are doing, they have skilled emplyees that are specially trained for such things(ppl that are balancing the game mechanics)! in case one of the changes they made is a verry big nerf or a verry big buff,they will obviously change it in a hotfix!

Lmfao @ Bolded.

They have no clue, and never have had any clue, when it comes to Death Knight balance.

And I think what you mean to say, is if one of the changes they made is a "verry big nerf" they will nerf it EVEN MORE in a hotfix 3 days later. (Unholy anybody?)

Quote Originally Posted by AFK-Champion View Post
    Why don't just make it instant and broken by every damage? Oh noes that'd be too harsh.
    It's funny now to watch DKs wreck healers, ignore casters or even disarms (being melee class themselfs), and still getting their T2 weapons.
    Obviously this stuff has been over the top, and if they implement "Scourge strike" solution for Frost spec, I wouldn't be surprised at all.
    And the scourge strike solution being dealing 2k damage froststrikes to pvp targets...yeah I can see how you think that this would be great.

Quote Originally Posted by Dilbert View Post
    This thread has done wonders for my ignore list. If anything is a positive change about these nerfs, that's it!

And who are you? And why would anybody in this thread care if you ignored them or not?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Breyers View Post
    And who are you? And why would anybody in this thread care if you ignored them or not?
    This is quoted for truth!

I can never understand what the hell they think theyre doing when they did this and the Death Gate Glyph? They coulda just as easily made the glyph "do absolutely nothing but fill an empty glyph spot in your spell book".

Quote Originally Posted by tyggyr View Post
    Basically it makes it like the warrior's victory rush, or the paladin's crusade-talented +300% holy light after a kill.

In other words, good for solo work, but not OP for PvP - but hardly useless.
    Victory Rush is retardedly OP for Battlegrounds. Takes a warrior from almost dead to 50%. It stupid bad.

---------- Post added 2011-06-06 at 03:16 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Breyers View Post
    Lmfao @ Bolded.
    They have no clue, and never have had any clue, when it comes to Death Knight balance.
    And I think what you mean to say, is if one of the changes they made is a "verry big nerf" they will nerf it EVEN MORE in a hotfix 3 days later. (Unholy anybody?)
    QFT. The Devs have no clue what they are doing. They make changes, and then they collect data for a month to see what happens. I'm not being sarcastic, this is what they actually do.
    Last edited by Unferth; 2011-06-06 at 03:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoisite View Post
    I can never understand what the hell they think theyre doing when they did this and the Death Gate Glyph? They coulda just as easily made the glyph "do absolutely nothing but fill an empty glyph spot in your spell book".
    Glyph of Glyphs: Makes all your other glyphs more shiny.
    Quote Originally Posted by kumduh View Post
    @Wingwraith: You can haz a point too, but only because you admit you're a tool!

Quote Originally Posted by Dilbert View Post
    I've been posting here for years, been a DK since beta, thanks for asking. Why would anyone care? Well users that post non-constructive posts (eg. haha DKs nerfed, nice) aren't getting infracted for it, so I add them to ignore.
    Missing the point in going on about non-constructive post while you yourself add a non-constructive post. Glad to know that in peoples infinite knowledge of this game that they have some time to criticize others for what they do even while they do it.

---------- Post added 2011-06-06 at 04:04 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Brince View Post
    Another stupid pvp nerf, now death strike is useles once again in raid if i have to save my ass with an heal.
    GG bliz.
    stop standing in fire, or get better healers. that's pretty much easily said.

---------- Post added 2011-06-06 at 04:10 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by wakarimas View Post
    This is the highlight of this thread tbh. "Blizzard knows what they are doing".

Wow.. just wow. Overstatement of the century! I will have this as my signature for sure.
    I can't tell if this is sarcasm or blatant and overt stupidity, on the chance that it's the latter, I sure would love to see your 11 million playerbase cash cow if you don't mind, not to mention your several degrees in programming, followed by of course an unbiased position on every class mechanics and general ideas that are actually founded on proof and relative competence, but this will never happen because you like many others in every whine thread, thinks that they as players with their "highly reliable" and "infinite" knowledge of class mechanics, past future and present, are significantly smarter than blizzard, a gaming company that is arguably the best out there right now, and clearly any class you play is being slighted everytime they are equalized to anothers level.

Quote Originally Posted by xile View Post
    I can't tell if this is sarcasm or blatant and overt stupidity, on the chance that it's the latter, I sure would love to see your 11 million playerbase cash cow if you don't mind, not to mention your several degrees in programming, followed by of course an unbiased position on every class mechanics and general ideas that are actually founded on proof and relative competence, but this will never happen because you like many others in every whine thread, thinks that they as players with their "highly reliable" and "infinite" knowledge of class mechanics, past future and present, are significantly smarter than blizzard, a gaming company that is arguably the best out there right now, and clearly any class you play is being slighted everytime they are equalized to anothers level.
    Well since http://raidbots.com/dpsbot/Spec_Scor...14/60/default/ this is all they got you may somewhat understand why not everyone can be as impressed as you obviously are. Pvp...ehm not even worth posting statistics on that. And actually - you don't have to experienced everything first have to have an opinion on it.
    They just make it too hard to believe in their competence regarding "balancing" in that particular title.
    Last edited by cFortyfive; 2011-06-06 at 04:51 AM.

Deleted
    [PvE Opinon] DS was nice to have to ease the minds of the healers, but it not like it was crucial, every single HC boss is very duable without DS from a dps pov ofc, tanks might wanna consider still using it :P. list of a few thing DS was handy for

pulling aggro, well your fault in most cases, besides pulling aggro on a HC boss a milion DSs wont save you.
    standing in fire or similar, well what where you doing there anyway?.
    huge boss aoe say, maloriak fire breath thingy, unvoidable damage should not be in the dps concern to heal back up from, blowing a personal CD if you know its gonna kill you is just manditory anyway,

[PvP Opinion] DS toke alot of "skill" away from playing a dk in PvP when we didnt have it would could still survive and we will survive not having it again. like it was pointed out above, protect your healer insteed of just going on a rampage.

KM might be considered OP for pvp yes, but its not the numbers it can put out but becauce of the fact that it messes with one if the biggest isssues that wow pvp has, crit.

The chance to to crit has no place in a pvp scene same as procs. because it take the skill out of it, think of this, your fighting class X, your kiting him taking him down slowly aka outplaying him, but ups, he gets 4crit "procs" and a dmg increace proc ohh not your almost dead, he wins with pure luck based of lucky number rolling.

as long as there is these luck factors in pvp it will never be balanced. same terms apply for gear. haveing top end arena gear vs crafted blues its not secret how most of those fights turn out. im sure most Pvpers remember deathbringer will or Shadowmourne in arena. combine all of these you have the main reasons wow pvp is slimping more and more away from being a competetive eSport.

class broken? the hole system never worked to begin with. in my opinon blizzard needs to A remove pvp or B redo it completly. it dont matter how many upgrates and modification you put into a say car, its still not gonna work if the engien is broken.

shooting for my glad now, since next season it'll be damn near impossible. 0 escape tools and shitty self heals = dead class.