T11 4 piece Vs. 372 pants...

Hi,

I'm usually not too bad at making choices for my gear but tonight, I'm kinda stuck...

I now have the T11 4 piece set bonus (head, legs, shoulder and chest) last night, I won the off Heroic Magmaw (Fire Pillar Leggings).

Now I know that the set bonus is not that great but is it still better than to upgrade my pants?
    Should I switch my pants and then buy the tier gloves for the bonus even if the itemization on the gloves is not that good?

I'm really not sure on what to do so I hope some of you warlocks could give me some kind of advice.

Thanks a lot!

15+ Year Old Account
    Use the item comparisation tool (believe from wowhead) to determine exactly what you gain by using the hc legs and tier gloves and compare that to what you lose. easy as that.

I personally compared using both the atremedes shoulders hc + flame pillar leggings hc over normal tiers and resulted in a what i believe is a small dps loss (25 intel gain but 140 haste becomes crit) AND it costs the tier bonus.

The tier gloves are definitely not better than the Cho'gall gloves

Cho'gall

[Broken link here for exact same gloves but with mastery instead of haste]

Edit: It's just that with the Sinestra helm being overwhelmingly better than the other helmets, that winds up being the best offpiece, but retaining the 4set is a dps increase

Int is the most valueable stat for us so you should use the pants and get the tier gloves so you could maintain the set bonus while also got more int from the pants. You'll lose some haste but the int will over compensate that.

Hit/Crit on the 372 legs is terrible in Comparasin to the Hit/Haste from the Tier Legs. the 4 set is an 180 DPS increase at minimum if used properly (and waaaay more if you can catch magmaw with his head down, Halfus after a drake is dead, run Destro and Bane of Havoc is up......this list can continue).

Personally i passed on the legs from Magmaw. If you're gonna break your Tier bonus, use if for something with haste on it at least, like the shoulders from Atra. That's my two cents. And as said earlier, the Tier hands are the worst itemization possible. The worst two stats. The only reason they are BiS is because of sinestra loot and the DPS increase from the 4 set. So if you haven't killed sinestra, odds are you dont want the gloves yet.

Tier gloves are good if you raid demo.

One thing I want to point out is that tier heroic gloves come from magmaw, whereas heroic cho'gall gloves come from, well, cho'gall. Magmaw is often one of the first heroics guilds do, whereas cho'gall is one of the last. The tier heroic gloves are well worth picking up because it will be quite some time before you manage to make it to cho'gall after killing magmaw.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Also remember you can grab your heroic shoulders from alakir

Thanks a lot for the input
    Still not sure on what to do, but at least I have a couple of advices!

Quote Originally Posted by cirius View Post
    Thanks a lot for the input
    Still not sure on what to do, but at least I have a couple of advices!
    It really depends on your other gear pieces. The tier head and chogal gloves are best for both aff as destro, assuming you don't have access to sinestra yet. If you do, and eventually get the head, you might want to use the horrible but very accessible tier hands.

So, use the tier legs. They're heavy on haste and hit, which are basically our two main secondary-stats.
    Last edited by nocturnus; 2011-05-28 at 01:43 PM.
    success comes in the form of technical solutions to problems, not appeals to our emotional side

Quote Originally Posted by nocturnus View Post
    It really depends on your other gear pieces. The tier head and chogal gloves are best for both aff as destro, assuming you don't have access to sinestra yet. If you do, and eventually get the head, you might want to use the horrible but very accessible tier hands.

So, use the tier legs. They're heavy on haste and hit, which are basically our two main secondary-stats.
    Thanks for the tip!

Since I have those 2 pieces I'll stick with the tier pants. (And no, we're not doing Sinestra yet, just started on the HM)

I think the situation here is the maximization of the OP's gears atm. Dont forget that INT is the best stat for lock and the pants you got from Magmaw have more INT and HIT. So you shouldnt have any HIT issue after switching from 359tier pants to 372 Magmaw pants since you'll get more HIT from those pants and you also can reforge crit>haste.

So if you want to maximize your dps with the choices of gear you have "at the moment", use 372 Magmaw pants and buy the tier gloves to maintain the set bonus. INT always > HASTE