Deleted

Reasonable Pyrite Ore costs?

I've been thinking about stocking up Pyrite Ore to be prepaired for 4.3 or whenever the epic gems come out, but I was wondering. What is a reasonable price to buy them at? When am I going to high? When is it very cheap?

10+ Year Old Account
    i usualy pay 60g @ stack. but i have no idea if thats reasonable or not :b

Not on my server atleast. I dont think Ive seen a stack under 150g.. prolly always 200g...

oh wait there is never any on the AH :P We love blizzard for not fixing ratio problems..

40g /stack is what i'll pay AT MAX.
    i can very often find them below 40g
    "When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you'll be successful"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsSC2vx7zFQ

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Catanowplx View Post
    woooooow, that's very low. Tho Stormscale is a pretty populated server.

---------- Post added 2011-05-27 at 04:24 PM ----------

On my server atm they're 80g. :/

Quote Originally Posted by Catanowplx View Post
    Must not be many people on your server hoarding pyrite. I used to buy out anything under 60, but lately I've been getting alot at like 40g so I set that as my cap since I already have about 700 stacks stockpiled .

10+ Year Old Account
    Head over to The Undermine Journal and select your realm, then search for Pyrite Ore. You will see something like this: http://theunderminejournal.com/item....ynn&item=52183

Check the top most graph, that will give you 2 weeks of data showing you where prices have been on your realm's auction house (in case you haven't been paying attention). You can look at the bottom of the page as well to see what other realm prices are. You can cross check this data with WoWEcon to see 90 days of data. WoWEcon gives you data for all servers combined so it's best for gauging the downward trend, not exact prices.

Use all that information combined with your personal experience. I would start bidding at 80% of the bottom prices you see on the TUJ charts. For instance if you see 3.5g as the lowest price over the last 14 days, you could start bidding 70 gold * .80 = 55-60 gold in trade chat for Pyrite. Then, you could accept anything below ~70 gold or whatever you are comfortable with based on how fast the trend is dropping and how much you want to have stock piled. If you only have 1,000 gold to invest, wait for lower prices. If you have 100,000 gold to invest, just buy everything at 70 gold and lower. You can also setup an alert in TUJ but that's a bit more advanced than the question you asked

---------- Post added 2011-05-28 at 01:32 AM ----------

I forgot to mention you should check both factions too. If the price is significnatly lower on the other faction, consider finding a friend (or use a second account) who will help transfer the items over across the neutral auction house.

Deleted
    I have a full GB, with not a single stack bought for over 26g....server economies are different of course =)

I would be prepared to go to 30g, but that isn't needed on Ravencrest

Deleted
    Zoinks! Pyrite never really drops below 100g on my servers AH, not that I can be bothered hoarding Pyrite anyways .

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Telila View Post
    I have a full GB, with not a single stack bought for over 26g....server economies are different of course =)

I would be prepared to go to 30g, but that isn't needed on Ravencrest
    Is the rest of your economy this screwed as well? 10g Inferno Rubies, for example? Pyrite hasn't dropped below 125g on my server yet.

AS for the OP, no one can tell you what a good price is, since as the above example shows, prices vary wildly from server to server. Figure out what your average price is, then set a number slightly below that to be your buying threshold.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Marxman View Post
    Is the rest of your economy this screwed as well? 10g Inferno Rubies, for example? Pyrite hasn't dropped below 125g on my server yet.

IR's are generally 20-40g (Lower end at weekends of course)

But yes, Ravencrest has a stupid AH

When buying pyrite, I find its generally helpfull to use the price of Volatile Earth to index it. Whatever VE is selling at, you generally get 6 or 7 of them from a stack of pyrite on average.

So take the price of 1 volatile earth, multiply it by 6.5, and if that number is between a third and half the price of a stack of pyrite, you're doing good. If its MORE than half the cost of the stack, buy those bad boys FAST. On my server earth is usually 6-8g each, and so when pyrite ore drops to around 85g a stack, its go-time.

Quote Originally Posted by meldora View Post
    Head over to The Undermine Journal and select your realm, then search for Pyrite Ore. You will see something like this: http://theunderminejournal.com/item....ynn&item=52183

Check the top most graph, that will give you 2 weeks of data showing you where prices have been on your realm's auction house (in case you haven't been paying attention). You can look at the bottom of the page as well to see what other realm prices are. You can cross check this data with WoWEcon to see 90 days of data. WoWEcon gives you data for all servers combined so it's best for gauging the downward trend, not exact prices.

Use all that information combined with your personal experience. I would start bidding at 80% of the bottom prices you see on the TUJ charts. For instance if you see 3.5g as the lowest price over the last 14 days, you could start bidding 70 gold * .80 = 55-60 gold in trade chat for Pyrite. Then, you could accept anything below ~70 gold or whatever you are comfortable with based on how fast the trend is dropping and how much you want to have stock piled. If you only have 1,000 gold to invest, wait for lower prices. If you have 100,000 gold to invest, just buy everything at 70 gold and lower. You can also setup an alert in TUJ but that's a bit more advanced than the question you asked

---------- Post added 2011-05-28 at 01:32 AM ----------

I forgot to mention you should check both factions too. If the price is significnatly lower on the other faction, consider finding a friend (or use a second account) who will help transfer the items over across the neutral auction house.
    You fool! Don't reveal the journal to the masses!!

On a serious note, this is an excellent suggestion.
    Quote Originally Posted by lol View Post
    I've had lucid dreams a couple times.

I usually imagine some girl I have a crush on and DEMOLISH her, then go back to the computer and start farming whiptail.