Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    As a huge Zelda fan I would hate to see a 'World of Hyrule' MMO.

Yes it has the races and a very big world to explore... but how would they implement objectives? Just a lot of Dungeons and Temples become 10 man raids? Does Link and Zelda decide to say 'fuck it, you guys go kill Ganon' I think that would be very stupid to have a bunch of no-names kill Ganon, unless they decide to pull a Tirion-Lich King bullshit. How would they make classes? Warrior, Sheikah, Sage, Marksman?

It's a bad idea because Zelda games are about being Link, the Hero. Not a rag-tag crew of Gorons, Zoras, and Gerudo...maybe a Skullkid or Deku scrub.

It would probably be something similar to Final Fantasy MMOs. And just look at how shitty the last one turned out. And FFXI is so damn grindy and slow. Japanese game devs should ONLY EVER stick to console gaming.

Quote Originally Posted by pickley View Post
    Sea Zora are the friendly Zora i guess....but the majority of them seem to live in rivers or lakes /shrug
    The Wiki seems to be really bad
    Look at what they wrote about the Windwaker
    http://www.zeldawiki.org/The_Legend_...The_Wind_Waker

Or were you using a different one?

Twilight Princess and Windwaker are said to occur in different time lines.
    TP with Young Link (Majoras Mask)
    WW with Adult Link (Zelda sent him back) What if the Zoras never thawed. Ruto went out had relations with that owl.
    Was using Zeldapedia, not sure how much more credible it is to be honest. O_o
    No text on Windwaker? Wut! They've had plenty of time to get on that, sheesh.

Also, this is pretty random, and kinda off topic; but I found it hilarious. :<
    Last edited by Digglett; 2011-05-28 at 07:37 AM.

If it's the usual MMORPG RPG style with quests, raids and grinding, then noooo.
    If they say "Screw these fucking concepts! We're doing an MMO.. Zelda style!" then yes

Deleted
    Just so you people know, Project Cafe will have a very very good online support, as they hired the orginial people who created the Xbox live online system, ( the actual programming and such, not the microsoft cost people ) so it could very well be a console MMO for Project Cafe.

---------- Post added 2011-05-28 at 12:55 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Randoo View Post
    As a huge Zelda fan I would hate to see a 'World of Hyrule' MMO.

Yes it has the races and a very big world to explore... but how would they implement objectives? Just a lot of Dungeons and Temples become 10 man raids? Does Link and Zelda decide to say 'fuck it, you guys go kill Ganon' I think that would be very stupid to have a bunch of no-names kill Ganon, unless they decide to pull a Tirion-Lich King bullshit. How would they make classes? Warrior, Sheikah, Sage, Marksman?

It's a bad idea because Zelda games are about being Link, the Hero. Not a rag-tag crew of Gorons, Zoras, and Gerudo...maybe a Skullkid or Deku scrub.

It would probably be something similar to Final Fantasy MMOs. And just look at how shitty the last one turned out. And FFXI is so damn grindy and slow. Japanese game devs should ONLY EVER stick to console gaming.
    How about a story where you are <insert race here> trying to stop the Bulbins from taking over hyrule? You band together with others from the races and go around Red dead style in a gang beating back the Bublins and devling into dungeons, new and old.

I'd play it tbh.