Holy Priest 359/372 BiS

Been doing some surfing of da interwebz, and even though I understand what holy priest stat priorities are.... I would still like something like a list of BiS items. Shadowpriest.com did an awesome job with the shadow BiS gear (using that as a good example of what i am searching for). if anyone has a few links they wouldnt mind sharing, I would be appreciative.

TY

http://www.maxdps.com/

This shows you the bis gear depending on your spec/stats also can help with gems and rotations(the rotations arent great)

ty sir! I can haz lists... <3 lists

I like Ask Mr. Robot. It's easier for me to see which is BIS and to see all of my items at once. Plus, loading your character's stats from the Armory automatically is nice. I used Rawr previously, but it seems to be so sketchy with the latest builds with stability, accuracy, and ease-of-use.
    Disc/Shadow Priest

It's hard to develop a true BiS for healing Priests, since many of us have different opinions on the level of Spirit we need or what the better stat is (Haste / Mastery). This is probably why you haven't seen many healing Priest BiS lists.

However, it would be very easy for a Holy Priest who wanted to stack Mastery as a primary secondary stat to come up with their recommended BiS list. As an example, this would probably use the offset chest piece from Halfus with the helm/shoulders reforged for Mastery. Picking up all Spirit / Mastery items you can (including heroic versions of the somewhat-rare Conclave drops). Heroic Fall of Mortality / Shard of Woe for trinkets, and finally filling any slots that don't have Spirit/Mastery drops with Haste/Mastery items.

Then again, some people choose Haste... So now you have to start over. There's really no such thing as a true BiS list with the current state of Priest healing since it varies so much. Just get Spirit to a comfortable level, stack Haste and/or Mastery, and get better more Intellect through higher item level drops. That's as close as "BiS" as you will get for Holy.

Used to use rawr and I really just dont like it since Cataclysm. For some reason it just didnt dawn on me to check maxdps.com out, I used to use that site quite a bit. I was just on maxdps and it was nice to see I am on the right track for holy. I also use chardev.org quite a bit too for tooling around with specific items, esp in the case of shadow or on my prot paladin where I want to see specifically what exchanging one piece for another will effect.

---------- Post added 2011-05-27 at 09:09 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzlokk View Post
    It's hard to develop a true BiS for healing Priests, since many of us have different opinions on the level of Spirit we need or what the better stat is (Haste / Mastery). This is probably why you haven't seen many healing Priest BiS lists.

However, it would be very easy for a Holy Priest who wanted to stack Mastery as a primary secondary stat to come up with their recommended BiS list. As an example, this would probably use the offset chest piece from Halfus with the helm/shoulders reforged for Mastery. Picking up all Spirit / Mastery items you can (including heroic versions of the somewhat-rare Conclave drops). Heroic Fall of Mortality / Shard of Woe for trinkets, and finally filling any slots that don't have Spirit/Mastery drops with Haste/Mastery items.

Then again, some people choose Haste... So now you have to start over. There's really no such thing as a true BiS list with the current state of Priest healing since it varies so much. Just get Spirit to a comfortable level, stack Haste and/or Mastery, and get better more Intellect through higher item level drops. That's as close as "BiS" as you will get for Holy.
    What I have been doing is shooting for that 12.5 haste point, and then gunning for straight mastery and obvs spirit

Quote Originally Posted by Aceso Jenkins View Post
    I like Ask Mr. Robot. It's easier for me to see which is BIS and to see all of my items at once. Plus, loading your character's stats from the Armory automatically is nice. I used Rawr previously, but it seems to be so sketchy with the latest builds with stability, accuracy, and ease-of-use.
    Seems a bit bugged though (it somehow seems to not be able to decide whether haste or mastery items are BiS).

And max dps just seems really bad imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyve View Post
    Seems a bit bugged though (it somehow seems to not be able to decide whether haste or mastery items are BiS).
    The items are usually the same, but one or two may get swapped out; it depends if you select the "Healer Throughput" option or the "Mana Conservation". Additionally, you can change the preset to a haste-heavy build. (option is in the bottom right of the page) Then it will change the reforging and such to match your requests. I believe the default is a mastery-favored spec/build.
    Disc/Shadow Priest

This is correct - we default to a mastery-heavy build for Holy, and have another Preset for Haste. In the mastery-heavy build, we do prioritize the 12.5% haste threshold for renew first, which is why one might see some haste items in the set.

Another feature is the ability to place a hard cap on Spirit in the Stat Weight Editor. This lets you set a value for the amount of Spirit you feel comfortable with, and then Mr. Robot will put together optimizations and sets of gear which don't go much over that amount. (Keep in mind that average values for trinket procs are included in that number.)
    Mr. Robot Developer and Designer.

Follow Mr. Robot on Twitter or Facebook for updates, feature releases, bug fixes.