The problem I feel TSW has with a lot of things is lack of intuitive tutorials. With a game so different from the norm, there needs to better tutorials explaining how the system works. They really should've had a second weapon in the opening Tokyo sequence.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sj View Post
    The problem I feel TSW has with a lot of things is lack of intuitive tutorials. With a game so different from the norm, there needs to better tutorials explaining how the system works. They really should've had a second weapon in the opening Tokyo sequence.
    I kind of like it though. Everything is not made explicitly clear, and that's kind of the theme of the game. Plus the ingame web browser is always there if you get stuck...which I did several times last night.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirve View Post
    Ortwig speaks the truth. Its what i did and it worked. Follow his advice.
    While his intention is well and it would be great advice for someone who is not familiar with games/mmos, I already knew this. I read tooltips, I know about syngery. My problem is that I want to play fists and it feels woefully inadequate compared to the out of nowhere difficulty of the content.

Part of the problem is the "I want to play fists" part and the other part is that in order to change that path I have to struggle or repeat content. That's really it. I appreciate the solid advice and I'm sure if I didn't focus on fists I would find myself in a better position. Basically the game shouldn't require 'elitist jerking' prior to even leveling your character just because there's no forgiveness mechanic.

I understand people say, ooh I like this because it is hard, but there's a difference between hard and not fun/punishing a player. I like talking about things, which is why I talk/ask about it, but it's not going to prevent me from continue to play the game or thinking it's a fantastic game.

The only thing that has deterred my desire to play is the fact that it's the worst game client I've ever experienced. On average I crash 3 times a night playing. I've poured through threads and threads of complaints, suggestions, 'solutions' and done them all and it still crashes. That part is actually far more annoying than the lack of a respec option.

---------- Post added 2013-04-04 at 09:16 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Sj View Post
    And something that highlights the paths prior to starting down them. Also, a lot of paths seem very similar at first glance and you can't the nature of how things work together isn't readily available. It's just a little bit extreme in this example. I get that the whole premade decks are supposed to help with that, but something about it doesn't feel right.
    Last edited by Kelimbror; 2013-04-04 at 01:16 PM.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    Snip
    What weapon do you wanna play? and role?

10+ Year Old Account
    What weapon do you wanna play? and role?
    I wanted to be Wolverine and be able to not die when I saw fists. Now...idk? I've heard that some of the magic stuff is good, but tbh I didn't want any part of it. Now I just want to be the most effective dps for solo play/leveling. I hate having to stop and eat food, or regen, or anything like that. I just want to keep killing, keep questing. What I personally want doesn't seem to matter in this game as ther are clearly better options and you aren't free to really choose any weapons you feel like playing.

It's understandable I guess, since weapons are technically classes, but yeah...the dps from fists seems pretty lame at the moment and better suited for healing.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    I wanted to be Wolverine and be able to not die when I saw fists. Now...idk? I've heard that some of the magic stuff is good, but tbh I didn't want any part of it. Now I just want to be the most effective dps for solo play/leveling. I hate having to stop and eat food, or regen, or anything like that. I just want to keep killing, keep questing. What I personally want doesn't seem to matter in this game as ther are clearly better options and you aren't free to really choose any weapons you feel like playing.

It's understandable I guess, since weapons are technically classes, but yeah...the dps from fists seems pretty lame at the moment and better suited for healing.
    http://wordpress.tswguides.com/my-fi...fistchaos-wip/ i know this one is quite good, but since you don't want magic.. I'd give magic a shot it can be pretty fun and powerful. I started my char as a Blade/Assault Rifle Survival build, now i have that build, a tank build with Blade/Chaos and the one i use the most, Blade and Elementalism. I managed to get enough points for all three builds by the end of Egypt/start of Transylvania. You'll slowly but surely be able to afford more options soon.
    As an alternative, magic-less theres this Survival build: http://wordpress.tswguides.com/my-fi...ith-bladefist/ , using Blades + Fist.

Obviously you probably know , Survival builds are intended for soloing mostly. When you wanna group and be a better DPS it goes without saying that a fully damage build and passives is better. Just stating for other people that might read the guides.
    Last edited by Razael; 2013-04-04 at 02:05 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    *snip*
    Yeah I looked at the blade/fist build and thought I might try it and see if it feels better. I do have some points in blades already from the first couple of levels when I went pistols/blade. I guess I'll try that tonight.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I looked at the blade/fist build and thought I might try it and see if it feels better. I do have some points in blades already from the first couple of levels when I went pistols/blade. I guess I'll try that tonight.
    And about the dying. Its part of the game. Eventually you'll learn how to minimize the risks of dying. But i still die alot, and i have full QL10 gear and complete builds. Its either a shortcoming of the game, that the mobs don't seem too well balanced and you are pitted against impossible odds of soloing a particular mission. Or the devs want us to group all the time. I still haven't figured it out.

10+ Year Old Account
    And about the dying. Its part of the game. Eventually you'll learn how to minimize the risks of dying. But i still die alot, and i have full QL10 gear and complete builds. Its either a shortcoming of the game, that the mobs don't seem too well balanced and you are pitted against impossible odds of soloing a particular mission. Or the devs want us to group all the time. I still haven't figured it out.
    Neither answer is acceptable to me and that's my perogative.

Still think the game is dope though. Just looking for my spoonful of sugar to help the Blue Mountain go down. lol.
    BAD WOLF

For crashing, my tip that fixed it all was to upgrade from Vista 32 to Win7 64. That fixed nearly everything for me. Don't know if that will help you as I don't know what OS you're running or if upgrading is even an option

As for Wolverine: Empowerment is a fist ability. I've never tested the linked build (as I just threw it together), but it only requires you to go deep down into two fist trees (and not in 6 trees all in different weapons like my current solo build). Brawler and Mind over Matter aren't important, they're just cheap abilities which react to the crit rating you're going to need for it.

http://www.tsw-builder.com/#31v35230...64353305610210

Gear is about 30%-50% +heal and 50%-70% +attack (innate hp on green gear should be enough). Glyph as much +crit as you can get.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by paxen View Post
    For crashing, my tip that fixed it all was to upgrade from Vista 32 to Win7 64. That fixed nearly everything for me. Don't know if that will help you as I don't know what OS you're running or if upgrading is even an option
    I already use Win 7 64 and have crashes constantly. In fact, just the launcher has some serious issues and has to be virtually left alone for minutes in order to launch properly. If I click it at all while it's loading it just instantly crashes.

Likewise, there's no rhyme or reason for when it crashes in game. It's normally just while moving around the world and boom, freezes and has to be force closed.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    I already use Win 7 64 and have crashes constantly. In fact, just the launcher has some serious issues and has to be virtually left alone for minutes in order to launch properly. If I click it at all while it's loading it just instantly crashes.

Likewise, there's no rhyme or reason for when it crashes in game. It's normally just while moving around the world and boom, freezes and has to be force closed.
    I get freezes and stuttering but never been forced to shut the game to resume it =/ weird.

I'm experiencing this crashing issue as well, and after slogging through dozens of posts with attempted fixes nothing has fixed the problem.
    Just picked up the game on Tuesday and have had 1 blue screen error, and 6 crashes/freezes in the few hours I've been able to play. It's entirely random for me as well, when running around, cut scenes, having the ability wheel open and even while perusing the store.

Is very unfortunate, the game is quite interesting but impossible to get really immersed in it with the consistent crashing

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gadgette View Post
    Is very unfortunate, the game is quite interesting but impossible to get really immersed in it with the consistent crashing
    Your experience sounds a lot like mine. It happens at all times and nothing I can pinpoint causes it. If you find anything that works feel free to let me know because it would be a lot more enjoyable without having that issue.
    BAD WOLF

The game never crashed on me. I get stuttering, but that's probably because of the game engine.
    I suggest running it on DX9 instead of DX11, maybe that causes the problem?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by YouAreAllWrong View Post
    The game never crashed on me. I get stuttering, but that's probably because of the game engine.
    I suggest running it on DX9 instead of DX11, maybe that causes the problem?
    You know what...I never tried that as all the solutions I was reading were for DX11. It's a shame that their client doesn't work properly even though my system is up to date and able to handle other games with DX11, but maybe that solves the problem. Do you have to run a different version of the client or is it just a selection option inside the graphics settings when you run the client?
    BAD WOLF

You know what...I never tried that as all the solutions I was reading were for DX11. It's a shame that their client doesn't work properly even though my system is up to date and able to handle other games with DX11, but maybe that solves the problem. Do you have to run a different version of the client or is it just a selection option inside the graphics settings when you run the client?
    It's in the ingame options menu.

You know what...I never tried that as all the solutions I was reading were for DX11.
    The game runs beyond terribly in DX11, just as AoC runs terribly in DX10. It's quite a shame.

I haven't had any crashing issues in DX9 since I've been playing, so hopefully that fixes it for you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusher View Post
    The game runs beyond terribly in DX11, just as AoC runs terribly in DX10. It's quite a shame.

I haven't had any crashing issues in DX9 since I've been playing, so hopefully that fixes it for you.
    Well, hearing the positive responses on this, I'm actually looking forward to getting home to try it out. I won't get my hopes up, because there's nothing worse than thinking you found a solution to a problem just to be let down again lol. With computers, this happens soooo much.
    BAD WOLF

I tried running it in DX9 myself but the screen flashing was absolutely terrible. However, I run with an ATI card and apparently that fix only seems to work with NVIDIA cards only.

If I ever manage to figure out a fix that works for me, I will certainly post what I did.