Quote Originally Posted by Jinxz View Post
    is the sub to SWL worth it? Don't got patron
    Guess it depends on how you feel about the benefits.
    You get a daily cache key to open those special chests. You get an XP boost and some other rewards just playing normally.
    I believe you also get a stipend every month to spend on the vanity items you want. (Or for AP/SP)

-------

Got my Streamer head start shirt, happy days. Everything I wanted got transferred too.

See you folks around

Deleted
    Evening, just to make sure...

1. if I did the transfer of legacy items and delete my character I claimed them on, I can still get them on a new one?

2. I used to tank with Blade/Chaos and saw on the stream that hammer/chaos/shotgun were the main ones to take for tanking now, if for example I wanted to go chaos/blade would this work still?

3. The membership does not get premium currency now right?

4. Any idea why they thought it a good idea to only have three beard colours (if anyone had beta access and it was brought up)?

Cheers!

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Can't even log in with my old account information and it won't send me anything when I use the reset password option. Did I really expect anything less? Guess all my cosmetics will rot. *shrug*
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    Can't even log in with my old account information and it won't send me anything when I use the reset password option. Did I really expect anything less? Guess all my cosmetics will rot. *shrug*
    Send in a ticket for reclaiming your account. Funcom is usually pretty helpful in that regard.

My glowing eyes carried over. Now to earn back that bitching Illuminati uniform...

Some of my Set Outfits seem to be missing. Most of my individual stuff is there though it looks like.

confused.

I have an old account, nothing too substantial on it, I did the conversion thing, I'm downloading the client now

just confused, who gets this 'head start'?
    "There are no substitutes for violence of action and volume of fire. Move forward and shoot, always forward and shooting. The enemy will choose to fight and die or live and run either way move forward and shoot and he will fear you absolutely."
    - Otto Skoernzy

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mkultra55 View Post
    Some of my Set Outfits seem to be missing. Most of my individual stuff is there though it looks like.
    Someone just asked this in chat and said to press the last button on the dressing room I think it was, hidden stuff there, something like that.

Took the game for a ride in the end, and I am not too impressed so far. Ignoring all the shenanigans about the ability wheel, why does the way some weapons work is such a ballache? Specifically, why does the shotgun goes full-on RNG on what shells you get to chose from when reloading AND to which button to press to get them? Also, where the fook is my paladin deck outfit?

Anyway, early days and all that nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by Raldazzar View Post
    confused.

I have an old account, nothing too substantial on it, I did the conversion thing, I'm downloading the client now

just confused, who gets this 'head start'?
    Everyone who beta tested or had a TSW, I believe. New players wait until Tuesday.

You're not along, lots of folks are confused about lots of shit, Funcom has been pretty bad at communicating.

You can't trade unless you subscribe?!

That is some bullshit...

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post

That is some bullshit...
    Wut?...how?...why?

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Wut?...how?...why?
    Patrons can trade with other patrons. Non patrons can't trade at all it seems.

Oh and everyone just gets 1 character slot....and I think your purchased slots from TSW don't carry over.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure if the combat is worse, it's definitely underwhelming.

...why Funcom. Why would you lock player to player trading behind a sub. I'm not complaining because I don't want to pay, I'm a damn GM account. It's just so wrongheaded and stupid, it's as arbitrarily stupid as SWTOR locking action bars behind a sub. Except this is more harmful to the community in the longterm.

Damnit all. Oh well, only another 30 minutes or so until the download is finished. Then time to see if this is worth consuming the next however long it takes me to catch back up to where I was on my TSW character.

...why Funcom. Why would you lock player to player trading behind a sub. I'm not complaining because I don't want to pay, I'm a damn GM account. It's just so wrongheaded and stupid, it's as arbitrarily stupid as SWTOR locking action bars behind a sub. Except this is more harmful to the community in the longterm.

Damnit all. Oh well, only another 30 minutes or so until the download is finished. Then time to see if this is worth consuming the next however long it takes me to catch back up to where I was on my TSW character.
    Wait are you kidding? So if I play for free right now I cannot trade to players directly? Not a good start in getting me interested.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by wombinator04 View Post

Oh and everyone just gets 1 character slot....and I think your purchased slots from TSW don't carry over.
    Didn't think Patron perks could get any worse for an MMO. But Non subs not being allowed to trade? That's just stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Wait are you kidding? So if I play for free right now I cannot trade to players directly? Not a good start in getting me interested.
    Still another 4GB to download, so can't verify personally.

So far SWL has surprised me. It's better than I expected it to be. Like the combat and the reduced difficulty of mobs. The UI is very nice as well.

The low population cap in zones doesn't bother me much anymore since there is general chat everywhere you go. You're always connected to everyone else.

But I don't think I'm going hard into it, I've done the first few zones seemingly a million times and it's boring to me going through all of them, again.
    I'm gonna take it slowly, but it should be a lot quicker this time around because the mobs die quicker.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wombinator04 View Post

I saw a number of people in chat saying they had 8 character slots. I know I only have one. Maybe Grandmaster accounts got 8 slot? Seems really dumb.

Only reason I can think of is to force as many people as they can to use the auction house and their new currency. This really does remind me of when swtor went f2p. Still not quite as bad as making people have to pay for more than 2 action bars but it is still a handful shitty, greedy choices distracting from what is actually a pretty good game.

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post

That is some bullshit...
    nope

bye felicia

I am not touching this cash grab
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.