Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    *shrug* Takes me less than an hour to chug out the daily challenges on one character. Savage Coast: Daniel Bach -> John Wolf -> Nick Winter -> Red.
    You could blast through the first zone missions in Kingsmouth in half that. From Boone to the police station the missions there take you in circles where you can pick up side missions as you go. With the mobs being the lowest level available you can start doing them earlier and benefit -10 levels and they ignore you mechanic.

Nice - i'll redownload it so i can play it via Steam Link natively. I've setup the xbox360 controller and looks pretty good to play with it. Though a Steam controller may be better due to trackpad for mouse movement.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

In the dev stream they announced that Whispering Tide will begin Tuesday and will run for two weeks. The event revolves around killing the flying filth guardians and will be an all levels event, the only prerequisite to participate is that you reach Agartha.

Le edit

Guess I can just link to this... https://www.reddit.com/r/SecretWorld...uly_28th_2017/
    Last edited by unholytestament; 2017-07-29 at 12:06 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    In the dev stream they announced that Whispering Tide will begin Tuesday and will run for two weeks. The event revolves around killing the flying filth guardians and will be an all levels event, the only prerequisite to participate is that you reach Agartha.

Le edit

Guess I can just link to this... https://www.reddit.com/r/SecretWorld...uly_28th_2017/
    That would be only 1 day after steam release. Oh boy.

Edit: No wait, that's on steam release. Oh double boy.

Ugh, Steam launch is a gigantic pain in the ass. Apparently my account was linked to Steam...so I couldn't launch the game through the native launcher anymore. But my TSW account on Steam was updating to SWL, despite me believing that it would remain separate, so I ended up having to uninstall that.

Now I'm reinstalling through Steam, having found out too late that I could unlink accounts, and no longer have TSW proper installed. Funcom is really pissing me off with this kind of stupid bullshit. Their communications team/CM's are bloody awful. They're sticking with their, "Reddit IS our official forums!" bullshit (that's ignoring the issues I have with companies running their own boards on Reddit, which seems contradictory to the goals of the site) and largely from what I've seen, the CM's are good for minor responses and making bad jokes on livestreams.

I was really hoping to see a new and improved Funcom with SWL. But again, it seems like it's still the same old Funcom. Which sure isn't instilling much confidence in me for the future of SWL.

Fuck this fucking event. It's really just a single, boring ass 15 minute long boss fight once an hour? And joy of joys, I god DC'd and by the time I got back in after the fight, I apparently lost the buff so I need to redo it to open the fucking event box. And apparently, despite the boss supposed to be popping like now, it is almost a full hour away.

It's like every time I try to get into the game more, Funcom does everything possible to piss me way the fuck off and make me want to not even bother.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    The legacy transfer thing is weird, I had the ultimate edition so apparently I should get some extra stuff but I don't see anything in the claim/delivered rewards sections, and i see no option on their account page to do the legacy transfer (this is all on a Steam account)

Quote Originally Posted by Cattleya View Post
    The legacy transfer thing is weird, I had the ultimate edition so apparently I should get some extra stuff but I don't see anything in the claim/delivered rewards sections, and i see no option on their account page to do the legacy transfer (this is all on a Steam account)
    I've been unable to find any of my things as well. I put a ticket in and the help page before submitting said that I needed to make it to Kingsmouth, which I have, and then look in the Item Shop, which is not listed anywhere. I just hit L10 and still don't see it. /shrug

10+ Year Old Account
    I am nearly done with Kingsmouth now. A few quests left (I think around 8 or 9, including side missions) and then it's off to the Savage Coast. Man, I will miss this region. Savage Coast was still great, especially with the university, but once I hit Blue Mountain I really didn't enjoy the theme in there. And then Egypt... >_>

However, something different. So, after I am done with Kingsmouth I want to try the first dungeon. I know that they have been changed to be able to do them without tank/healer and 3 people, but I've also read I could basically solo them when I do that quest after I finished the zone. I never did a single Dungeon in the old Secret World version, so anything I need to look out for? Do I really need heal skills even if I am level, I don't know, 18-20? How much "tactics" are needed for the bosses during Story Mode?

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marston View Post
    However, something different. So, after I am done with Kingsmouth I want to try the first dungeon. I know that they have been changed to be able to do them without tank/healer and 3 people, but I've also read I could basically solo them when I do that quest after I finished the zone. I never did a single Dungeon in the old Secret World version, so anything I need to look out for? Do I really need heal skills even if I am level, I don't know, 18-20? How much "tactics" are needed for the bosses during Story Mode?
    I did Polaris at level 20 with sword/pistol setup
    The only time I died to mechanics is on the last one, I failed to hide long enough - I killed him the next try.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

I am nearly done with Kingsmouth now. A few quests left (I think around 8 or 9, including side missions) and then it's off to the Savage Coast. Man, I will miss this region. Savage Coast was still great, especially with the university, but once I hit Blue Mountain I really didn't enjoy the theme in there. And then Egypt... >_>
    University is easily one of my favorite parts of the game. Largely due to Jeffrey Combs, but all the writing/voicework for those characters there is great.

Yeah, Egypt is still...well...Egypt. It's better than it was last time I went through (they've made some improvements, and working Last Train to Cairo into the Egypt storyline between zones is pretty cool, actually), especially with being able to port around, but it's still bleh.

Haven't tried soloing, but it's very possible. Damage output from bosses etc. is pretty minimal, with the only real damage coming from avoidable AoE shit.

For healing skills, not really. You can get by with some passive healing, though an active ability isn't bad (especially if your group is bad). As for mechanics, they're generally not terribly complex. I never did dungeons in TSW, but everything in SWL for the story mode dungeons (done all but one of the level 50 ones so far) is super straight forward. Lots of mechanics are super easy to infer (oh, I'll need to hide behind shit while the boss is casting this giant thing and not moving! etc.) or you can figure out after seeing once or twice (most won't flat out kill you).

I'd strongly recommend doing it with groups, will make it a lot faster, especially getting through trash, and let you poke around for lore (collect ALL THE LORE!). Queues always popped super quick for me and thus far I can't say I've had any notably negative grouping experiences.

I wonder if they can get Jeffrey Combs back and use his characters more. He seems to have really gotten into voice acting even more than before.

Though if The Question shows up in Young Justice season 3 they NEED to get him back for that.

I wonder if they can get Jeffrey Combs back and use his characters more. He seems to have really gotten into voice acting even more than before.

Though if The Question shows up in Young Justice season 3 they NEED to get him back for that.
    He does a few characters, no? An Illuminati one as well.

Either way, if they can get more Jeffrey Combs and Peter Stormare I'm happy : )

10+ Year Old Account
    I am now done with Kingsmouth including the dungeon. I only died to the first boss (I killed him, then his AoE exploded under me xD) and nearly to the final boss, because of red phase shit. But yeah, boss damage is nearly non existant. The fifth boss was such a bore fest with his immunity and add spam.

I also really like the university and the villa in Blue Mountain. But most of the other stuff was meh after Kingsmouth, where I basically liked everything. I am not looking forward to egypt, but with the new battle system it may not be as bad as it was before. Maybe this time I will actually finish the second zone and reach Transylvanien. xD

I am now done with Kingsmouth including the dungeon. I only died to the first boss (I killed him, then his AoE exploded under me xD) and nearly to the final boss, because of red phase shit. But yeah, boss damage is nearly non existant. The fifth boss was such a bore fest with his immunity and add spam.
    Yeah, it's why I recommend just doing it in a group. Even if your groupmates aren't good, their added damage shortens the boss fights considerably.

I also really like the university and the villa in Blue Mountain. But most of the other stuff was meh after Kingsmouth, where I basically liked everything. I am not looking forward to egypt, but with the new battle system it may not be as bad as it was before. Maybe this time I will actually finish the second zone and reach Transylvanien. xD
    You mean Savage Coast? >.> The Park is also pretty rad, there.

This game has such a great atmosphere, and some solid voice acting, (Jeffrey Combs <3 <3 <3). What a shame the gameplay is so fracking horrible.

Any advice for a more playable class or weapon combo? Been doing sword mostly, some firespells and assault rifles, feel my ears and eyes burning from the awful blade sound/animations.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny212 View Post
    This game has such a great atmosphere, and some solid voice acting, (Jeffrey Combs <3 <3 <3). What a shame the gameplay is so fracking horrible.

Any advice for a more playable class or weapon combo? Been doing sword mostly, some firespells and assault rifles, feel my ears and eyes burning from the awful blade sound/animations.
    Well, I'd fully unlock whatever your "primary" weapon is first, no matter what you choose. But as to suggestions...dunno. I'm rolling with sword primary and I'm not enjoying it as much as I thought I would, apparently it's pretty undertuned as well. Blood seems pretty good, though I haven't finished unlocking passives (focused on blade first) so I haven't had a chance to see how blood primary works out.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny212 View Post

I picked assault rifle and fist as my starter weapon, so far I have almost exclusively used the rifle unless I needed to heal myself in which case I'd use my secondary weapon, I find assault rifle very enjoyable, though apparently that makes me a minority since everyone seems to absolutely hate the grenade mechanic. At first it was a bit awkward to figure out but after playing around with it I don't find it all that clunky, hell you can even idiotproof it with a passive that makes it so your grenades no longer damage you if they overcook and they also cook for 3 seconds longer which gives you 9 seconds in total to fire it before it detonates in the barrel.
    Last edited by Donald Hellscream; 2017-08-04 at 12:00 AM.

So did they "fix" the event encounter? Because the mechanics, at least the platform mechanic, seems to work...you just seem to arbitrarily die all the time because you got a debuff for...not standing in the shit that gives you a debuff.

I was pretty excited for this event and went in blind, this is easily one of the worst "events" I've ever experienced in a MMO. Fucking ugh, a single, long, boring ass boss fight that's just ending up costing me tons of shards for some cosmetics.

And typing this out got me god damn fucking kicked from the boss and the portal is now closed. Fuck you, Funcom. You're making me want to quit this god damn game. God fucking damnit all. Fuck Funcom, I'm salty as god damn shit right now.