Page 4 of 257 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    annoys me when i have to find when its going to air at my time :C

Are we still having this argument about "levels" and "classes" being The One True Design? Pffft. You people call yourselves gamers, and yet "we have hundreds of skills, you get to pick a handful of this type and a handful of that type to define your playstyle" doesn't ring any bells as a well-established system?

Anyways... I'm among the folks who really like this idea but am skeptical of the execution. Will be following this but not as eagerly as GW2 and TOR.

Well, after seeing the most recent video, I think I can say I can take this game off my list of interest. It's really not what I had thought it would be. While that is my fault, it is nonetheless looking more like a boring MMORPG with each passing update.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrmrider View Post
    "we have hundreds of skills, you get to pick a handful of this type and a handful of that type to define your playstyle" doesn't ring any bells as a well-established system?
    Don't know what you're talking about junior, but that sounds like a certain point-buy system if you ask me...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellorkleft View Post
    Well, after seeing the most recent video, I think I can say I can take this game off my list of interest. It's really not what I had thought it would be. While that is my fault, it is nonetheless looking more like a boring MMORPG with each passing update.
    Happen to be talking about the Savage Coast videos from: http://betacake.blogspot.com/search/...Secret%20World

If so, I totally agree. Each trailer I have seen I thought ya that game looks like it could be a cool survival horror single person or even small multiplayer game, but how the hell is it going to work as an MMO? After watching those betacake videos I think I have my answer. It doesn't and looks absolutely horrible.

---------- Post added 2011-07-25 at 03:49 AM ----------

edit: some new CGI trailer

new video show the diversity of monsters and how the city is working with the game.

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/rpg/the-s...er-diary-video

Deleted
    Ragnar better start working on the next installment of Dreamfall...

But the secret world looks interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by psychedelica View Post
    new video show the diversity of monsters and how the city is working with the game.

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/rpg/the-s...er-diary-video
    Was that a fucking star spawn attacking their helicopter at the end? HELL YES!

Still excited for this game.

Wasnt this orginally a 360 game? I remeber seeing the first video you posted way back
    Desktop: Zotac 1080 TI, I7 7700k, 16gb Ram, 256gb SSD + 1TB HDD
    Laptop: Zotac 2070 MaxQ, I7 8750, 32gb RAM, 500gb SSD + 2TB SSD
    Main Game: Warcraft Classic

Haters gonna hate

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yooya View Post
    ¡ʎɔɐɹıdsuoɔ ˙ǝɹɐ ןןɐ ǝʍ ǝuıbɐɯı ı ˙ǝɯɐb sıɥʇ ɹoɟ pǝʇıɔxǝ ʎןןɐǝɹ
    I see what you did there

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    Was that a fucking star spawn attacking their helicopter at the end? HELL YES!

Still excited for this game.
    looks like Chutulu will join

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm going to have a hard time getting behind anything Funcom does, I made the exception with AoC and they ruined a amazing game post launch.... The game looks like it could be great, but Im also having a tough time seeing how it will be a MMO. Instanced maybe like GW, but a continuous world?

Just helping out =P
    "I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody."~Bill Cosby

Very nice video looking forward to this

Quote Originally Posted by philefluxx View Post
    I'm going to have a hard time getting behind anything Funcom does, I made the exception with AoC and they ruined a amazing game post launch.... The game looks like it could be great, but Im also having a tough time seeing how it will be a MMO. Instanced maybe like GW, but a continuous world?
    making a MMO is hard i guess for devolopers. and now that funcom has and said they have learned from their mistake from AOC.
    am looking more forward for this game then SWOTR, mabye its because i love the conspiracy/horror themed games better.
    Funcom want to make a successful game with the secret world.

who knows?... mabye this will be the next Wow.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is that...Cthulu on the top picture?

OT: Looks really cool

Funcom and EA Partners today announced that The Secret World will ship for the PC in April 2012. Also, beta registrations will open on August 26th!

Quote Originally Posted by psychedelica View Post
    Also, beta registrations will open on August 26th!
    My body is ready.