Deleted
    I just got together with a group and we did all elites except the two last, I just love when you find people you really enjoy playing with, it really is a great feeling. We will play more as well, hopefully progressing together

On another note, I REALLY like the transylvania music, the moment I got there, looked at the map(which is amazing) and heard this song I knew I'd love transylvania, first time i have been so hyped over just a map and some music.

Edit: Look at that, I listened to the song when I linked it and now I have a too big of an urge to play, that I cannot resist.

Quote Originally Posted by Kessos View Post
    I just got together with a group and we did all elites except the two last, I just love when you find people you really enjoy playing with, it really is a great feeling. We will play more as well, hopefully progressing together

On another note, I REALLY like the transylvania music, the moment I got there, looked at the map(which is amazing) and heard this song I knew I'd love transylvania, first time i have been so hyped over just a map and some music.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qhh1bEmlneY

Edit: Look at that, I listened to the song when I linked it and now I have a too big of an urge to play, that I cannot resist.
    The music is amazing. I bought the OST on Amazon as soon as I heard it was up. The music that played the first time you meet all the Sentinels in Egypt tugged at me pretty good. Who could forget the Siren's Song too?

Deleted
    Yeah, both of them are awesome, kind of sad that the sentinel songs were so short >:

I do love the mix of post-apocalysm and "traditional" style in Trans, we have all these old, romanian(I believe?) houses such as the first village, we have an old type of church but still these industrial ruins, and ruins of more modern architecture, and then mix in so much from fairytales and legends, it's amazing
    Last edited by mmoccbb2f90537; 2013-01-13 at 02:07 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarahjane View Post
    The music is amazing. I bought the OST on Amazon as soon as I heard it was up. The music that played the first time you meet all the Sentinels in Egypt tugged at me pretty good. Who could forget the Siren's Song too?
    I've been taking it slower, but if I should be QL10 this weekend. Want to run a few heroic dungeons when I get there?

Deleted
    By the by, if anyone wants to run nightmares, feel free to send a tell to Deylana if I'm online, I've only done polaris so far, but my gear and spec are good for it (dps) Just lemme know you're from mmo-champ, I'm generally a little apprehensive with complete strangers. Oh, and I play with a tank friend

Quote Originally Posted by Haizer View Post
    I've been taking it slower, but if I should be QL10 this weekend. Want to run a few heroic dungeons when I get there?
    Quote Originally Posted by Deylana View Post
    By the by, if anyone wants to run nightmares, feel free to send a tell to Deylana if I'm online, I've only done polaris so far, but my gear and spec are good for it (dps) Just lemme know you're from mmo-champ, I'm generally a little apprehensive with complete strangers. Oh, and I play with a tank friend
    I'm probably geared enough for Elites, but haven't done a dungeon in quite a while. I'm always up for trying! My main' is Melisande on Arcadia.

Deleted
    I'm up for elites as well, done all except Hell Eternal and The Slaughterhouse. Not sure if im geared enough for nightmares yet thought, But I'm always up for trying. Currently playing as dps but have almost full Q10 blue gear as healer as well, so i can try healing. And i also have a tanl friend

Deleted
    For nightmares you basically need full QL10 blues and a good spec, and obviously to have completed all the elites and killed the Gatekeeper :P For builds I can recommend http://wordpress.tswguides.com/tsw-build-page/ I got my dps build from there and I'm doing quite well with it.

Healing seems to be a bit more complicated to do in nightmares. From what I've noticed, either you have a perfect spec that's ready for anything (no assault rifle shenanigans unfortunately until higher levels of gear) AND QL10 blues with a nice distribution of crit and crit power, or you have an overgeared tank :P Likewise with tanks. Dps seems to be ok with a good synergy spec and not standing in the bad stuff :P

There are a few things that are pretty important to bring to nightmare dungeons when you start out, and they will get you bonus brownie points. Having Cleanup (from shotguns), any consistent purge effect and the ability to supply debilitate (-30% damage dealt by the boss) consistently. You don't have to have 'em all at once, but generally the group as a whole has to bring at least two.

Deleted
    Yeah, unfortunetly I love AR so I will stick to that <: I'd say my group is at least decent, managed to clear almost every elite with just one wipe(on the last boss in the facility). I know nightmares are a lot tougher but hopefully it won't be impossible with AR/Blood(which I actually think it will be >

Deleted
    The difference between elites and nightmares is VERY steep :P I was impressed with how nasty it was. At least in full QL10 blues.

TSW apparel (finally) up on http://www.welovefine.com/278-the-secret-world

Innsmouth Hoodies were supposed to be up forever ago.

Deleted
    Damn missions got hard all of a sudden >_< I can barely even kill 1 mob at a time since it has debuff resistance, impairment immunity, 35% extra dodges(god i hate vampires) and an impairment effect themself. While I do like a challenge in a game, and I would love to team up with a friend, it is really starting to get annoying when you have to use healing potions in every fight that contains of 2 "medium" mobs. Larger mobs(14k hp+) and like 4 smaller ones I can handle. And I don't have a friend to play with

It do seem there is some kind of OP build containing a sword and a hammer, since another guy with roughly the same gear quality as me could solo 2-3 packs at once..

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm so happy someone changed the title from Free-to-play to Buy-to-play , I saw it earlier and was tempted to make a post saying it was a misdescription but didn't want to make a pointless OT post..

Quote Originally Posted by Kessos View Post
    Damn missions got hard all of a sudden >_< I can barely even kill 1 mob at a time since it has debuff resistance, impairment immunity, 35% extra dodges(god i hate vampires) and an impairment effect themself. While I do like a challenge in a game, and I would love to team up with a friend, it is really starting to get annoying when you have to use healing potions in every fight that contains of 2 "medium" mobs. Larger mobs(14k hp+) and like 4 smaller ones I can handle. And I don't have a friend to play with

It do seem there is some kind of OP build containing a sword and a hammer, since another guy with roughly the same gear quality as me could solo 2-3 packs at once..
    Nightmare mobs require builds with special properties. Fights are a breeze if your build can supply the needed debuffs or cleanses and hard as nails if you can't.

Think of the fight as a puzzle. Check the buffs of the creatures you're going up against before engaging. Tailor your build to suit.
    Last edited by Eremiel; 2013-01-16 at 08:56 AM.

Deleted
    That sounds really fun but frustrating at the same time, "sorry I have to farm 150 anima points for that spell"

I played Beta and thoroughly enjoyed it, but it ran a bit crappy on my PC due to optimization not being done. How is it running now, and is the game fun at endgame?
    Bow down before our new furry overlords!

Deleted
    Well, I run with a 560TI card and I max it (Usually run with SSAO and edge smoothing off) without too much problem, though I have to turn down the graphics a bit in London or it crash. As for endgame, I'm not quite sure what "endgame" actually is as I'm currently playing elite(tier 2 of 3 you could say) dungeons and I still have 2½ "leveling" zones left. Endgame is Nightmare modes and the raid I would guess, and since I haven't gotten there yet I can't tell you much about it though I would definetely recommend this game if you enjoyed it in beta.

Quote Originally Posted by krethos View Post
    I played Beta and thoroughly enjoyed it, but it ran a bit crappy on my PC due to optimization not being done. How is it running now, and is the game fun at endgame?
    Seems like no optimization was done. I was barely running it in beta, on minimum details. Now, on the same PC it runs slightly slower and I get occasional "out of memory" error. With nothing else running in the background
    I have enough of EA ruining great franchises and studios, forcing DRM and Origin on their games, releasing incomplete games only to sell day-1 DLCs or spill dozens of DLCs, and then saying it, and microtransactions, is what players want, stopping players from giving EA games poor reviews, as well as deflecting complaints with cheap PR tricks.

I'm not going to buy any game by EA as long as they continue those practices.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by procne View Post
    Seems like no optimization was done. I was barely running it in beta, on minimum details. Now, on the same PC it runs slightly slower and I get occasional "out of memory" error. With nothing else running in the background
    Hmmm I have a fairly old system and have no trouble, what are you running?

I have a Q6600 Core 2 Quad 2.4
    8 gigs of ram
    Nvidia GTX460

Very old system by todays standards and I have not had a single issue with graphics or lag outside of occasional network lag.