Quote Originally Posted by Eremiel View Post
    No DLC in January? Haven't seen anything about that. Source? Just so I know whether or not it's safe to waste my gm points.
    thread on the main forums. Joel confirms no DLC spend your points!

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    thread on the main forums. Joel confirms no DLC spend your points!
    A lot of the work on the issues were coming out of the Montreal office, and unfortunately we know what happened there recently.

---------- Post added 2013-01-19 at 11:31 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Haizer View Post
    Edit: Dang it Sarahjane I didn't notice that was you. Changing your profile pic and stuff.
    I'm feeling Lunar this week

Edit: Zephy got the Cry Gaia wiki back up!
    Last edited by Sj; 2013-01-19 at 05:01 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    God damnit that new outfit "Dark Symmetry" is sexy as fuck but holy shit still no stockings/leggins or boots that go above the knee. All of my rage, all of it.

Deleted
    is there still a trial to test the game?

Quote Originally Posted by Ohai View Post
    is there still a trial to test the game?
    I think there isn't one anymore since it went buy-to-play.

Wow, the quest Horror Show is really cool, hope there's more quests like these
    Last edited by Harnace; 2013-01-22 at 02:57 PM.

Deleted
    Anyone on EU that has a "guild" or the likes that I could join? I used to play the game when it came out, but I only used one months subscription, and I didn't really play a lot. I'm gonna play some more since it's buy to play now.

Quote Originally Posted by Diesta View Post
    Anyone on EU that has a "guild" or the likes that I could join? I used to play the game when it came out, but I only used one months subscription, and I didn't really play a lot. I'm gonna play some more since it's buy to play now.
    It's one single server and there's no split between NA and EU. I'd try the official forums at http://forums.thesecretworld.com/

Deleted
    So what do people generally think is the best item to start spending bullions on? I want to pick one and keep upgrading it before moving onto another item, but can never decide which to start with as I've barely gotten any drops yet, so the possibilities are many :P Is it weapons? Even though they take so many bullions to upgrade fully.

It depends on your spec. If you're a fist healer for example, your weapon dps goes a huge way towards your healing efficiency so getting your fist weapon to 10.4 first (glyph not as important but still) is the priority. Other specs have different priorities. Overall though, if you know that the first weapon you upgrade you will be using for the forseeable future - you're not going to be disappointed.

Personally I filled out my weapons' primary roles and kept my talismans up to par as well so I wouldn't be stuck being unable to equip upgrades.

Deleted
    This game is soo good, i actually keep subscribed without playing.

The Secret World seems interesting. I wish they would tell you early on that it's best to do the side quests instead of just the main class quest. I found myself jumping a ton of side quests. Then found out I was not strong enough yet to advance on my story. I am really interested to see the zone past the zombies. I think it should only get better from there.

The combat needs to be tweaked a bit. It feels awkward sometimes shooting and running at the same time. I'd also wish they help direct you more easily to locations. It's a good story so far and fact I only bought it once makes me feel great that I do not have to pay expect for the DLC.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarahjane View Post
    Send it to all your video gaming friends. It's a steal for that price! I hate origin, but I applaud them for that price, lowest I've seen it without any kind of coupon or anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Naidia View Post
    Send it to all your video gaming friends. It's a steal for that price! I hate origin, but I applaud them for that price, lowest I've seen it without any kind of coupon or anything.
    I've been so tempted to buy this game ever since I played the beta. I was holding off until I got a newer computer so I could play it at some decent settings but at that price I'll just buy it online and install it later once I got my new system.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FusedMass View Post
    The Secret World seems interesting. I wish they would tell you early on that it's best to do the side quests instead of just the main class quest. I found myself jumping a ton of side quests. Then found out I was not strong enough yet to advance on my story. I am really interested to see the zone past the zombies. I think it should only get better from there.

The combat needs to be tweaked a bit. It feels awkward sometimes shooting and running at the same time. I'd also wish they help direct you more easily to locations. It's a good story so far and fact I only bought it once makes me feel great that I do not have to pay expect for the DLC.
    I think there are loading screen hints or something of the sort that tell you not to rush through the story mission and do side quests :P If you don't do everything in a zone before moving on you WILL have trouble later unless you have already researched and are moving towards an optimal questing deck. The combat probably felt weird to most people at the start, but it doesn't need to be tweaked because you can move and cast at the same time, it's how the fights are designed at end game As for directing you more easily, there are many breadcrumb quests if you simply do missions you run into as you go along your story mission. You can hold one main main mission, your story mission and 3 side missions in your log at the same time. Pick up main missions, they're the bread and butter of the game and your advancement, and generally you will find a side mission somewhere on the way to lead you either back to the same hub/quest giver or a new one.

As for getting better, I found the quality of the zones to keep going up zone by zone

Quote Originally Posted by Sarahjane View Post
    Wow. If it is truly B2P I'm seriously thinking of buying...

Do you have to 'unlock' the endgame stuff at all, or is it straight B2P?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    Wow. If it is truly B2P I'm seriously thinking of buying...

Do you have to 'unlock' the endgame stuff at all, or is it straight B2P?
    Currently, the only thing you have to unlock is the latest mission update, the Tyler Freeborn one. But you have access to everything else, that update only has 4 missions that are part of a story chain.

$10 is a steal for this game. I'm thinking about buying another account just to show some friends how good it is.