Quote Originally Posted by YouAreAllWrong View Post
    Oh this is a different MMO, believe me.
    The engine is beautiful but, performance-wise it has many issues.
    If you are having troubles, remember to switch from DX11 to DX9, the game performs a lot better.
    As Sj said, don't rush it, the questing experience is unlike any other MMO out there.
    Just started won't get to play until later because its like 3:30am lol but right now I can run nearly 35fps at high settings on DX9 and res of 1280 x 720 "That res is native to my monitor.

So now ill be able to give the game a fair shake just later because I am tired lol I only made a toon to check out the settings.

Only thing I don't like so far is the whole first name/nick name/last name setup.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

I dropped in last night for a bit of fun. It is easily the most atmospheric mmorpg I have ever played, just fantastic.

but damn my computer just struggles with this game. If I didn't have performance issues I'd be playing it a lot more.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    I dropped in last night for a bit of fun. It is easily the most atmospheric mmorpg I have ever played, just fantastic.
    I agree, although it never felt like a very social MMO to me. That's not necessarily a bad thing though, because like you said it has atmosphere in spades. Like some other posters have mentioned, it is very dark and heavy....so I had to take a break myself. I do recommend people interested in a mature rpg experience with puzzle elements to give this one a go.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WarpedAcorn View Post
    I agree, although it never felt like a very social MMO to me. That's not necessarily a bad thing though, because like you said it has atmosphere in spades. Like some other posters have mentioned, it is very dark and heavy....so I had to take a break myself. I do recommend people interested in a mature rpg experience with puzzle elements to give this one a go.
    Popping back to vouch for these statements. I wasn't looking for a social MMO, so that was nice, but the atmosphere I can only take in small doses. It's great that it went B2P, so that some point in the future I can return. The story is fantastic and the overall design is very well done.

I just apparently don't want to live in a seedy world of demons on a daily basis. Haven't played in a couple of months, but will naturally return in the future just for the story. I've realized video games are starting to become like interactive books to me. I don't have a problem with it, but it is an odd development.
    BAD WOLF

Well, to be completely honest, modern MMOs are not so social anyway.
    In TSW, while the questing is not always a social experience (although I often see people questing together, plus all quests being repeatable and having no hard-levels is a huge advantage) it gets more social at the end game, both for PvE and PvP, were a nice cabal and a rich friends list will benefit you a lot. The only critique is that the game is not Massively at any point whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by WarpedAcorn View Post
    The social bit is really dependent on finding a good cabal. It's an easy game to RP in (I always stay "in-character," even though my character is basically me) which helps in making friends. The dark atmosphere does grate a bit, but I counteract it by spending a lot of time in Scorched Desert and Fusang.

Been playing a bit more the past few days, started a new character. There is like nobody in Kingsmouth though, makes a bit sad.

Been playing a bit more the past few days, started a new character. There is like nobody in Kingsmouth though, makes a bit sad.
    Im thinking of getting back to it, but quite honestly I can't have my mind set on a weapon/etc. T.T

Deleted
    Started playing again (played for about 1 month after launch). Started a new character, as I think I mostly didn't like the game as much because of stupid skill choices etc.
    Unfortunately unlocked cosmetics don't transfer as far as I can find it. I remember getting some points for free when it launched (don't remember why) and spent them all on the other character. Boodieboodieboo

Quote Originally Posted by Waervyn View Post
    Started playing again (played for about 1 month after launch). Started a new character, as I think I mostly didn't like the game as much because of stupid skill choices etc.
    Unfortunately unlocked cosmetics don't transfer as far as I can find it. I remember getting some points for free when it launched (don't remember why) and spent them all on the other character. Boodieboodieboo
    Put in a ticket. I think a while back they changed it so that something you purchase from the cash shop on one character can be accessed by all characters.

When you buy something from the cash shop you have two options. "buy for this character" or "buy account wide". the second option is more expensive ofc.

i got my chara full epics and i can say the end game is quite bad the leveling is fun but the end game is not very good. When i was playing only thing you could do is run dungeons, then run more dungeons after those dungeons with more dungeons. I remeber spending 5 hrs straight trying to get down the boss to try and get into the expert dungeons.

Quote Originally Posted by KangarooBasher View Post
    i got my chara full epics and i can say the end game is quite bad the leveling is fun but the end game is not very good. When i was playing only thing you could do is run dungeons, then run more dungeons after those dungeons with more dungeons. I remeber spending 5 hrs straight trying to get down the boss to try and get into the expert dungeons.
    Sounds like the vast majority of MMO end-games since EQ1 : /

We truly need more variety for longer term character progression.

The end game PvE content is actually really good, but it is not rich in a sense and it's not like WoW. Between Nightmares, NYC raid, quarry, lairs and PvP there is always something to do, but it does get boring and grindy at some point.
    This game however, is not about the end game. Unlike WoW, the community is not definitive on how the "end game" should be. There are a lot of people (if not most people) that actually do NOT want raids and gear treadmills. This is the reason why Funcom focuses on expanding the story, the characters and the theme rather adding new dungeons.
    I personally would like to see more sandbox elements added to the game.

The dungeon style grind at "end game" is the main reason why I quit in the first place.

Issue #7: A Dream to Kill, the latest major content update for The Secret World, goes live on July 8th, 2013

Dat music. I was hoping we'd go back in that lab or whatever it was we saw in Virgula Divina.

are all of these new updates (issue 5 and beyond) just for endgame characters (QL10 and such)?

Deleted
    are all of these new updates (issue 5 and beyond) just for endgame characters (QL10 and such)?
    I did the Tyler Freeborn one at around QL7-8 greens or so. It was fucking hard, but would've been easier with a different build Like most things in this game ^^

Yeah, I think it's better trying Issue 5 with QL 9-10 greens. Issue #6 can be somewhat difficult, I would suggest full QL 10 blues.