Page 3 of 257 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I've been keeping track of this game. It looks interesting. I took the test and I am a Templar .
    Opulence. I has it.

My test came up Dragon. Took the test a while back.
    Orks, Space Marines, Rift (<---- Links for pics BTW)

15+ Year Old Account
    <Dragon :P

The Secret World and Guild Wars 2 definitely look refreshing. I don't know about you but I am pretty damn bored with the "WoW" MMO mold, 13 years of this it is time for something new.

some small news:
    Location Revealed: Kingsmouth Lighthouse

A truly iconic location in the twon, Kingsmouth Lighthouse stands as a monolith on the rocky shores of New England. It's only inhabitant is believed long dead, but something stirrs in the remote tower, and the narrow bridge across the rocks on the savage coast of Solomon Island appears to be well protected.

You can read more about this location by visiting the Locations section.

The towering Kingsmouth lighthouse was built in the late 1700s by the Illuminati, not only to guide ships into safe harbour, but also to make a clear and powerful statement: This was Illuminati territory, their eye was all-seeing, their light shone brighter and stronger than any other. After being forced to flee a Europe increasingly under the iron rule of the Templars, the Illuminati had now claimed North America as their domain.

Deleted
    I like the sound and look of this game thus far. Its an mmo and therefore must be tried!

Has there been any word on a release date?

Or a beta test?

None that I have seen, but I am assuming a beta soon, they have it mostly playable that I have seen. They showcased the beginning zone which looked done. As for release not sure. I think think later this year. But don't quote me.
    Orks, Space Marines, Rift (<---- Links for pics BTW)

I'll be honest. This is the only other MMO atm that interests me. The Modern world setting and the conspiracy theory background really pricks my interest. This is almost like a spiritual successor to the Longest Journey series.

Hummm a Longest Journey MMO....that has potential.

FYI: Seems I'm a Dragon...huzzah!
    Last edited by lizon; 2011-06-28 at 09:20 PM.

I've actually been following this game for a while now, and I've been looking forward to it, but It seems like as long as they are taking to develop this, that I may possibly be disappointed in the end expecting more.

10+ Year Old Account
    ...Surprised the number one complaint is about the leveling system. A lot of players just rush to end game now, leveling is an dead system to them. By nixing the level system your complete focus on progression.The game mechanics are most compatible to a Western singleplayer RPG like Elder Scrolls. And don't knock it for mentioning the "trinity" (growing tired of the word) because of GW2. GW2 isn't nixing the mechanic, its giving it to every class and still has a class that is proficient in tanking with probably a healing on to be revealed (not sure if all classes have been unlocked). This is the first sandbox MMORPG to come along in awhile. Too bad its being developed by a not so promising company. But people are going gaga over Arenanet and NCSoft.I for one am excited for any new game, even bad games bring new ideas to the table.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    ...Surprised the number one complaint is about the leveling system. A lot of players just rush to end game now, leveling is an dead system to them. By nixing the level system your complete focus on progression.The game mechanics are most compatible to a Western singleplayer RPG like Elder Scrolls. And don't knock it for mentioning the "trinity" (growing tired of the word) because of GW2. GW2 isn't nixing the mechanic, its giving it to every class and still has a class that is proficient in tanking with probably a healing on to be revealed (not sure if all classes have been unlocked). This is the first sandbox MMORPG to come along in awhile. Too bad its being developed by a not so promising company. But people are going gaga over Arenanet and NCSoft.I for one am excited for any new game, even bad games bring new ideas to the table.
    I know...
    EA are pants
    Played Anarchy Online for years, had a great time

10+ Year Old Account
    For some reason I had format my post when I post from my phone no matter how hard I try.

there are still No beta or future testing. My guess is that it will be released 2012 kinda fit for the game also .P
    (yes it also has conspiracy about 2012 if am not mistaken)

ive also seen some guy claiming that it will be released on xbox.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've only ever seen CGI footage, no gameplay, it's also been coming for years....it's starting to edge into vapourware territory....

there is a gameplay demo they've shown, just look at starting thread and the video at the buttom.

as i see it, they are still working on enviroment.

---------- Post added 2011-06-29 at 05:10 PM ----------

akab: http://www.thesecretworld.com/world/monsters/akab
    deep ones: http://www.thesecretworld.com/world/monsters/deepone
    The wendigo: http://www.thesecretworld.com/world/monsters/wendigo/

Deep Ones

Natives of the cold black depths of the Atlantic, the Deep Ones are rarely seen by the light of day, even more rarely at the water's edge. The sea has kept its carnivorous secret, other than what is recalled in fisherman's tales or turn-of-the-century fictions.
    some new Monsters: the famous

Wendigo - The vile Wendigo of North America are said to be the vestiges of humans who turned to cannibalism. For their spite of humanity, they were outcast not just by their fellow man, bu
    t by life and the Earth herself.

AK ab
    "Out of the unimaginable blackness (...) there flopped rhythmically a horde of tame, trained, hybrid winged things that no sound eye could ever wholly grasp, or sound brain ever wholly remember. They were not altogether crows, nor moles, nor buzzards, nor ants, nor vampire bats, nor decomposed human beings, but something I cannot and must not recall."

--H.P. Lovecraft

I dident get all the picture however follow the link at the top, monsters and you l see how they look and some story of them.

I also have a problem when am linking an object it ends up up at the top of the post. thats why it show up there.

some new Video: the savage Beach, no video link so i have to use site: http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/g...iew-Video.html

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by psychedelica View Post
    some new Video: the savage Beach, no video link so i have to use site: http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/g...iew-Video.html
    Nice vid dude.

This game does have originality going for it.. For me the game needs to have lots of nothing to do away from the main story eg places to explore that are not covered in mobs, Massive sandbox play areas and a good in-game chat system, tight character controls and abilities...

If they can get these things right, otherwise the game will be bile like DCUO...

Quote Originally Posted by Teroseth View Post
    I've only ever seen CGI footage, no gameplay, it's also been coming for years....it's starting to edge into vapourware territory....
    So you didn't bother looking at the two gameplay trailers in the OP and you don't realize that MMOs take years to develop?

Deleted
    http://www.ea.com/1/summer-showcase

Tune in to see what’s new from NHL 12, NCAA Football 12, The Sims franchise, a debut trailer from FunCom’s Secret World, and brand new game announcements and presentations! Watch as EA premieres its future games line-up live from EA’s Headquarters in Redwood Shores, California.

1pm PST on the 7th

mm sounds like im going to be the only templar here....ILL TAKE YOU ALL ON!!=D