Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1
    Merely a Setback Jtbrig7390's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    29,973

    Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony Will Launch With Strict Streaming Guidelines.

    http://www.dualshockers.com/danganro...ng-guidelines/

    Spike Chunsoft revealed their streaming guidelines for their newest visual novel adventure title Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony, coming to PlayStation 4, PlayStation Vita, and PC on September 26 in North America and September 29 in Europe.

    It seems Spike Chunsoft will only be allowing streams showing content up until the first class trial in an active push to “avoid spoilers”. Once the player reaches the trial broadcasting will be stopped. Furthermore, those who decide to ignore the warning and stream or post video of the later sections will be taken down by Spike Chunsoft.

    Currently, western publisher NISA is working with the developer to sort out a proper timeframe that players will be able to stream the game past the aforementioned section, but at this time this is what Spike Chunsoft wants.

    The streamable sections of the game include the prologue and Chapter 1 which equates to roughly 4 hours of gameplay, if not more. Fans of the series might be disappointed with this move, but Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony is more or less a visual novel with a plot that is full of twists and easy-to-spoil material. However, streaming could allow for a new player base to discover the series through their favorite streamers, so this move has its pros and cons.

    Recently, Atlus was met with some harsh fan feedback when they revealed that Persona 5 will have streaming guidelines up until a certain part of the game. However, it seems some fans just ignored this and streamed it anyway, which they might do with Danganronpa V3 with hopes they won’t get taken down by Spike Chunsoft.

    With all this said, if you are a fan that is actively trying avoid spoilers it’s best attempt to avoid this media on your own. Also, well done for avoiding spoilers up until this point, I personally had to mute a few Twitter friends who imported the Japanese copy.
    Japanese dev's need to stop with this shit and realize how many sells they gain by streamer's streaming there games.

    Hell I bought the Persona 5 CE just because I watched a bit of it streamed.
    My PC: Intel Core i5-4690K|16GB DDR3-1600|1TB HD|EVGA GeForce GTX 1070
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

  2. #2
    The Insane Orange Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    001100010010011110100001101101110011
    Posts
    15,619
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    http://www.dualshockers.com/danganro...ng-guidelines/



    Japanese dev's need to stop with this shit and realize how many sells they gain by streamer's streaming there games.

    Hell I bought the Persona 5 CE just because I watched a bit of it streamed.

    Spoilers have never ruined anything for me personally.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    http://www.dualshockers.com/danganro...ng-guidelines/



    Japanese dev's need to stop with this shit and realize how many sells they gain by streamer's streaming there games.

    Hell I bought the Persona 5 CE just because I watched a bit of it streamed.
    I think a great example of streamers helping a game is pubg but danganroopa is story driven. It's not a multiplayer game that only runs out of content when it gets repetitive enough for someone. I can only speak for myself but it's one of the reason, I don't watch live stream or lets plays of the walking dead games or any other telltale games. I'm their for the story not for the game play.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    Spoilers have never ruined anything for me personally.
    They do for me but I hate cliff hangers...
    Last edited by foofoocuddlypoopz; 2017-09-20 at 12:55 AM.
    Everyone fights in the console wars! We don't like ours, but we sure hate yours! Its Xbox One versus Ps4! Let the bodies hit the floor! Let's throw down, come at me bro! Ill fuck you up, and your mom's a ho. Don't be a fag and blame the lag; These guns aren't just for show!

  4. #4
    Merely a Setback Jtbrig7390's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    29,973
    Quote Originally Posted by foofoocuddlypoopz View Post
    I think streamers are helping pubg grow as well.

    - - - Updated - - -



    They do for me but I hate cliff hangers...
    Yep, If people want to avoid spoilers they simply just don't watch the streams (or try to avoid them). But streams have also sold many copy's of many games. Like you said PUBG is a perfect example of that.
    My PC: Intel Core i5-4690K|16GB DDR3-1600|1TB HD|EVGA GeForce GTX 1070
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

  5. #5
    The Unstoppable Force smrund's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In the state of Denial.
    Posts
    21,939
    Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    Spoilers have never ruined anything for me personally.
    I tend to forget the spoilers like a week or two later.
    Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    People in cars cause accidents. Accidents in cars cause people.
    "Why is a soap bubble round?"
    And thus I give you: MALE contraception!

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Yep, If people want to avoid spoilers they simply just don't watch the streams (or try to avoid them). But streams have also sold many copy's of many games. Like you said PUBG is a perfect example of that.
    Pubg is a multiplayer game with infinite possibly danganroopa isn't that's the difference. I personally believe it might hurt sales and a lack of streaming hurts publicity. There a balance but I'm not sure what that is.
    Last edited by foofoocuddlypoopz; 2017-09-20 at 02:40 AM.
    Everyone fights in the console wars! We don't like ours, but we sure hate yours! Its Xbox One versus Ps4! Let the bodies hit the floor! Let's throw down, come at me bro! Ill fuck you up, and your mom's a ho. Don't be a fag and blame the lag; These guns aren't just for show!

  7. #7
    Merely a Setback Jtbrig7390's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    29,973
    Quote Originally Posted by foofoocuddlypoopz View Post
    Pubg is a multiplayer game with infinite possibly danganroopa isn't that's the difference. I personally believe it might hurt sales and a lack of stream hurts publicity there a balance but I'm not sure what that is.
    Didn't hurt the sells of Persona 5, In fact lots bought it based on what they saw streamers play.

    (me being one of those people who bought it)
    My PC: Intel Core i5-4690K|16GB DDR3-1600|1TB HD|EVGA GeForce GTX 1070
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Didn't hurt the sells of Persona 5, In fact lots bought it based on what they saw streamers play.

    (me being one of those people who bought it)
    Persona 5 still has the enjoyment of picking your own team, doing different things, etc.

    You really have no purpose of playing Danganronpa after watching it. It's basically a visual novel (it really is).

  9. #9
    Merely a Setback Jtbrig7390's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    29,973
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Persona 5 still has the enjoyment of picking your own team, doing different things, etc.

    You really have no purpose of playing Danganronpa after watching it. It's basically a visual novel (it really is).
    That very's from person to person. Someone could watch the first couple hours of it and decide they want to see the rest themselves. There is still no rime or reason why the dev's want to be asshats about this.

    Someone could catch a stream of it and never seen any of the games before. Therefore getting interested in the whole series.
    My PC: Intel Core i5-4690K|16GB DDR3-1600|1TB HD|EVGA GeForce GTX 1070
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    That very's from person to person. Someone could watch the first couple hours of it and decide they want to see the rest themselves. There is still no rime or reason why the dev's want to be asshats about this.
    Well then I guess it's a good thing the developers are allowing streamers to stream the first couple of hours then, eh?

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    That very's from person to person. Someone could watch the first couple hours of it and decide they want to see the rest themselves. There is still no rime or reason why the dev's want to be asshats about this.

    Someone could catch a stream of it and never seen any of the games before. Therefore getting interested in the whole series.
    What are the chances of a niche game being randomly spotted from a stream?

  12. #12
    Merely a Setback Jtbrig7390's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    29,973
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    Well then I guess it's a good thing the developers are allowing streamers to stream the first couple of hours then, eh?
    They could also come in at the last couple hours and want to see how it all started...

    Developers can "allow" all they wish. If a streamer wants to stream the whole game they will and that was proven by Person 5. Streaming a game doesn't equal to a loss of a sell. If someone wanted to buy the game they would, But it can lead to a sell of a game.

    Once again myself being a example with Persona 5.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    What are the chances of a niche game being randomly spotted from a stream?
    High seeing how you can have a streamer with 10k+ viewers streaming it. Persona 5 is also a niche title/series and look how well it did.
    My PC: Intel Core i5-4690K|16GB DDR3-1600|1TB HD|EVGA GeForce GTX 1070
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    They could also come in at the last couple hours and want to see how it all started...

    Developers can "allow" all they wish. If a streamer wants to stream the whole game they will and that was proven by Person 5. Streaming a game doesn't equal to a loss of a sell. If someone wanted to buy the game they would, But it can lead to a sell of a game.

    Once again myself being a example with Persona 5.
    High seeing how you can have a streamer with 10k+ viewers streaming it.
    I would love to see the stats as to how much streaming affects games like this, RPGs and story driven games.

    Games like Overwatch and PUBG are a completely different story.

    And what's the chances of a streamer with that many views picking something that's not as largely popular as what they normally stream?

  14. #14
    Merely a Setback Jtbrig7390's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    29,973
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    I would love to see the stats as to how much streaming affects games like this, RPGs and story driven games.

    Games like Overwatch and PUBG are a completely different story.

    And what's the chances of a streamer with that many views picking something that's not as largely popular as what they normally stream?
    Sadly there is no hard stats on stuff like this. But just like with pirating you can't prove a loss of sell due to streaming, But you can prove someone may buy the game if they try it out (watch it) first.

    If streaming games was such a bad thing many more dev's would jump on it and stop it.
    My PC: Intel Core i5-4690K|16GB DDR3-1600|1TB HD|EVGA GeForce GTX 1070
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Sadly there is no hard stats on stuff like this. But just like with pirating you can't prove a loss of sell due to streaming, But you can prove someone may buy the game if they try it out (watch it) first.

    If streaming games was such a bad thing many more dev's would jump on it and stop it.
    There's a demo for that sake though.

    https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-...IKENV3VITA0000

  16. #16
    Merely a Setback Jtbrig7390's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    29,973
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    There's a demo for that sake though.

    https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-...IKENV3VITA0000
    And maybe people want to see more then what the demo provides. Like I said if streaming games was so damaging then other dev's would be stopping it. But it seems its only a couple of Japanese dev's doing so. Even tho their US counter parts are 100% ok with it.

    Its just another case of Japanese dev's not understanding how all this works and how they benefit from it.

    Also like I said such statement's isn't going to stop streamer's from doing it, Its just going to give the dev's bad PR.
    My PC: Intel Core i5-4690K|16GB DDR3-1600|1TB HD|EVGA GeForce GTX 1070
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

  17. #17
    Watching a stream of what is basically a VN with some minor gameplay elements is basically piracy. You can't even really compare to to Persona 5 or any game in general, the only thing there is, is a linear story and the only difference in gameplay you would ever have is some guy taking 5 mins to find the right clue vs the guy who found it in 30 seconds.

    People should be glad they have guidelines they eventually remove and don't out right ban it. Go try to read out a whole book/graphic novel live on stream and see how well that go's over for you.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    And maybe people want to see more then what the demo provides.
    The demo literally shows you everything about the game that it can short of spoiling the story.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2017-09-20 at 04:22 AM.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    They could also come in at the last couple hours and want to see how it all started...
    I was just pointing out that the "rime and reason" to what they are doing is pretty obvious, and SPELLED OUT FOR YOU in the article in case it's too difficult for you to figure out on your own. Just because you don't like their reason doesn't mean it doesn't make sense. No amount of you waving around your personal experience with Persona 5 will change that.
    High seeing how you can have a streamer with 10k+ viewers streaming it. Persona 5 is also a niche title/series and look how well it did.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Sadly there is no hard stats on stuff like this.
    In other words your own example proves nothing because you have no numbers.
    But you can prove someone may buy the game if they try it out (watch it) first.
    Can PROVE someone MAY buy the game?

    Okay. Do it.

  19. #19
    Merely a Setback Jtbrig7390's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    29,973
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    Can PROVE someone MAY buy the game?

    Okay. Do it.
    I bought Persona 5 based on what I saw a streamer play. I may buy this game based on what I see of it.

    Now prove that streaming a game hurts its sells.... Okay, Do it.

    (Before you say your not buying it based on what you saw of a stream, Prove that. because I can prove I own P5).

    Just because you don't like their reason doesn't mean it doesn't make sense.
    No it doesn't make sense otherwise many other dev's would do the same thing and they don't.
    My PC: Intel Core i5-4690K|16GB DDR3-1600|1TB HD|EVGA GeForce GTX 1070
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

  20. #20
    The Insane Orange Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    001100010010011110100001101101110011
    Posts
    15,619
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    I bought Persona 5 based on what I saw a streamer play. I may buy this game based on what I see of it.

    Now prove that streaming a game hurts its sells.... Okay, Do it.

    (Before you say your not buying it based on what you saw of a stream, Prove that. because I can prove I own P5).

    No it doesn't make sense otherwise many other dev's would do the same thing and they don't.

    If I said I didn't buy a game because of a stream I have provided as much evidence as you have.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •