Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account

Racials: Unfair, or not a big deal?

Sup guys,

I mentioned in an earlier thread that I went goblin, and while my DPS improved slightly and rocket jump was fun, I just couldn't stand being so short. As much as I wanted to have every advantage possible, I can't play a race I just can't stand. The poochy belly, clown shoes, Brooklyn accent....it all irritates the shit outta me. (Apologies to all goblin lovers out there). While it may offer superior dps, if I hate my toon I'm not going to be providing ANY dps because I won't be playing. So I pissed away another $25 and went back to UD.

I'm not intending this as a QQ thread, but it would be nice if racials were a bit more balanced. It seems like Undead have the short end of the stick in PVE and that kinda blows. Ultimately of course it's not a deal breaker and my guild isn't so obsessed that they insist I be goblin or troll but...has anyone heard anything about Blizz revisiting racials anytime soon? What do *you* think? Unfair or no big deal? I'm trying really hard to be in the no big deal camp but I can't say I'm not at least a little irritated.

P.S. Still curious as to why as Goblin I had an extra 5 spellpower.
    Last edited by Pontificate; 2011-05-28 at 01:34 AM.
    Never play leapfrog with a unicorn.

10+ Year Old Account
    They are unfair specially at PvP

In PvE? Who cares. Unless you're one of the guilds that pushes for world first, they make no difference, even then they don't get world first because of the racials.

AoE stun is the only thing that may affect anything from Tauren. But even then it's not that bit of a deal.

In PvP, they make a pretty neat impact and some races are definitely on the short end of the stick. Blood Elves, Humans, and Tauren get the best racials for PvP if you ask me.

It was "planned" to be revamped for cata, but they changed their minds after nerfing EMFH.

I completely agree though... I dislike being a troll because gear just looks like trash on them, but if i was going to spend a whole lot of money faction + server transferring, damned if I wasn't going to pick the one with the better racial (beserking > anything taurens have, I'd be a tauren in a heartbeat).

Same with racials from races I CAN'T be... like torrent on BE, that would be awesome. Haste on a goblin would be pretty awesome as well, though i dislike goblins as well.

I guess you had that 5+ spell power cuz every race have different starting stats, if i'm not wrong, for Horde, Blood Elfs are the one that start with more Int and Tauren, the ones with the more Stam (not talking about the racial), etc.
    All race have the same stats gain per lvl for the same class, but the starting stats wont change, so even if you have the SAME (reforge / gem / enchant) gear that other player, if you are 2 different races, the stats will be a little different, its no big deal but its there
    Can play any flavor of the month ;P
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...furie/advanced

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eon Drache View Post
    In PvE? Who cares. Unless you're one of the guilds that pushes for world first, they make no difference, even then they don't get world first because of the racials.

AoE stun is the only thing that may affect anything from Tauren. But even then it's not that bit of a deal.

In PvP, they make a pretty neat impact and some races are definitely on the short end of the stick. Blood Elves, Humans, and Tauren get the best racials for PvP if you ask me.

I care, I PVE. It's a PVE game at heart dude you can't be surprised that not everyone PVP's. (Wonder what the percentages are of pvp'ers compared to pve'ers). Anyways, in the little bit of pvp I've done the UD racial seems to suck anyway as it shares a CD with the PVP trink so can't use them back to back when you're getting focused.

And thanks Wind, that makes sense. Should have thought of that.
    Last edited by Pontificate; 2011-05-28 at 01:44 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pontificate View Post
    Wonder what the percentages are of pvp'ers compared to pve'ers.
    2% PvE'ers
    2% PvP'ers
    96% Pet collectors.

Quote Originally Posted by Vadesh View Post
    2% PvE'ers
    2% PvP'ers
    96% Pet collectors.
    u sir are wrong.

2% PvE'ers
    2% PvP'ers
    32% Achievement Whores
    32% Pet Collectors
    32% Mount Collectors

In PvE racials really aren't a big deal unless you are a top progression guild as the dps difference would be negligible.

As UD, WoTF isn't completely useless. On fights with fear you can break out of and go back to dpsing sooner.

15+ Year Old Account
    UD have Underwater Breathing. It's too OP.

On a serious note: not many people use their racials, and not everyone can disregard the looks for the sake of racials. I won't give up my Forsaken no matter what, even though he doesn't have a single PvE racial (WotF is too situational, and still doesn't work in some situations where it's supposed to).
    Last edited by Haven; 2011-05-28 at 03:51 AM.

If it bothers you so much you can farm savory deviate delights buy noggenfogger elixer
    iron boot flask potion of illusion orb of deception buy the haunted locket farm Blood elf orb
    ogre suits from LW and a lot of other stuff racials are op

Totally agree with OP. Some balance would be good esp for UD who have nothing PVE wise, pretty much every other race has something useful for PVE.

10+ Year Old Account
    For the most part, racials don't really bother me except for the fact that trolls and orcs are given a flatout dps increase through their racials. Want to make racials do unique (and mostly useless) things like faster herb gathering or shadowmeld? That's fine. But don't give races a damage advantage/silence. That's simply bullshit.

10+ Year Old Account
    People put waay too much weight into racials when choosing their character. While the racials are a great asset, if they were removed, I wouldn't have a problem with it. It makes me sad every time I see someone who chose their character based entirely on racials.
    "Come, face me! Give in to your Pride! Show me your Greatness!"

mfw every day | Nujabes - Horizon

personal gameplay is worth so much more than racials, i plays the race i enjoy

Quote Originally Posted by Eon Drache View Post

need i remind you that yogg 0lights was only possible for horde guilds due to the blood elf racial aoe silence?
    originally rogues could aoe interrupt with FoK, then they nerfed that.
    Last edited by mordale; 2011-05-28 at 04:13 AM. Reason: fixe

Not that big of a deal anymore. I remember 2v2ing as human priest/nelf rogue back in BC. Was complete bullshit that priest/human rogue or priest/rogue with either character being undead HARD countered us. They nerfed most of the OP racials. Human racial still needs to be watched, but I think it's fine right now since there's no completely crazy PVE trinkets right now.

Racials have never been a big deal in Pve except for dwarf priests in vanilla.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Interesting how strong some people feel, one way or the other. I'm with Haven now though, never giving up my UD again. When it comes down to it, the game is about enjoyment.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kortin View Post
    People put waay too much weight into racials when choosing their character. While the racials are a great asset, if they were removed, I wouldn't have a problem with it. It makes me sad every time I see someone who chose their character based entirely on racials.
    nononono never how could i ever heal without Bow Specialization or Beast Slaying no no no they cant remooove it /cry

and more seriouse now , Berserking for example , is really nice self bloodlust , but i really can imagine to live without it , since vuhdo triggers it for me ;p

I dunno, I think looking badass is a racial. <3 undead priests.

The irony is my priest is a female gnome, for all you gnome haters.