Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    I prefer feeling comfortable with the back of the avatar I stare into than being able to pew+1

But racials certainly give some people a pew+1
    Last edited by Jubite; 2011-05-28 at 11:07 PM.

Deleted
    Yeah im proper gutted about racials, I decided to roll a worgen priest but now since ive gone disc for raiding I feel that maybe I would of been better off as a gnome and be maximizing my character more. performance > looks imo ;( wish it didnt have to be that way

If you're into min-maxxing, yes its unfair. But if you're into min-maxxing, you would have chosen the race with the best racial to begin with. And if you're into proper min-maxxing $15 or whatever it is now isn't a huge price to pay for another 200 spellpower (AMG 200?!?!!)

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eon Drache View Post
    In PvE? Who cares. Unless you're one of the guilds that pushes for world first, they make no difference, even then they don't get world first because of the racials.
    I don't think the difference between - for example - a Troll Mage and a Dwarf Mage is small.

There is a topic about racials, started by Ravagos in Europe, copied by me here, and re-started by Avenjielde in Europe - check it out.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2000492798

Quote Originally Posted by Torethyr View Post
    If you're into min-maxxing, yes its unfair. But if you're into min-maxxing, you would have chosen the race with the best racial to begin with. And if you're into proper min-maxxing $15 or whatever it is now isn't a huge price to pay for another 200 spellpower (AMG 200?!?!!)
    The issue is not with whether you are or not a min-maxer.
    It's with choosing the race you like the most, and feeling like you got the short end of the stick in many ways.

Those who love Tauren, always feel worse than EVERYONE ELSE for PvE dps...
    Some may not care, but why does that make it a reason for Blizzard not to care? Specially when so much support is given by the community in the form of hundreds of viable suggestions...

So it IS a big of a deal because it can EASILY be fixed and balanced.
    Last edited by Nurvus; 2011-05-28 at 11:33 PM.
    Why did you create a new thread? Use the search function and post in existing threads!
    Why did you necro a thread?

Quote Originally Posted by Pontificate View Post
    It seems like Undead have the short end of the stick in PVE and that kinda blows
    Tauren say hi! :P

But yeah, unless you are in cutting edge pve/pvp racials dont really matter. Maybe more in PvP than PvE imo

Deleted
    When I faction changed I went for Orc for the +5% pet damage and the sp increase every 2 minutes. I don't think racials are unfair as each has something different. If it wasn't for racials though, I would have gone BE.

It's not unfair since you can switch around as you like, it is annoying when you dont have much money and you're on progress though. To minmax on hordeside you (should) swap from one encounter to the next during progress. On Al'akir HC for example, the Goblin jump really makes a huge difference. Meanwhile Troll bonus damage done to beasts (and overall better damage through syncing with procs and buffs) makes it the race of choice for most other bosses.

Well, well, until we see how much of a DPS push Alysrazor and Beth'tilac are I'll stick with Goblin for the jump and funky hairstyle

For Pete's sake, choose the race you like to look at the most.

I mean, has any serious hardcore guild stood there and said, "man if only all our X classes were Y race, we would've been done with this encounter weeks ago?"

If that's the case, and its actually true, than the encounter design has failed, not racials.

I get the minmax thing, I really do. If you apply to a world first guild as a NE mage and they are all like "Why are you A NE and Mage?" And you're all like, "I'm a really kick ass mage[and you are], but I just like NEs," the answer is most likely not going to be 100% satisfactory. However, the percentage of people where that should actually matter is a tiny, itty bitty sliver. Basically, if your guild isn't payed to play WoW, you shouldn't feel obligated to pay to change your race.

Quote Originally Posted by vegiisan View Post
    And that's different to every serious/progression guild consisting of all Goblin for DPS and all Blood elves for Healing? Ah yes, I see it's all balanced.
    Not even Paragon does that. I don't know what you people are smoking putting so much weight on racials.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Quote Originally Posted by kortin View Post
    People put waay too much weight into racials when choosing their character. While the racials are a great asset, if they were removed, I wouldn't have a problem with it. It makes me sad every time I see someone who chose their character based entirely on racials.
    Well imo, when it makes a big difference, go for it. IE, I was Draenei, but the 1% hit was doing absolutely nothing for me as I never, ever DPS anymore (unless one of our DPS are missing, which is rare), so I changed to Gnome for that sweet 5% extra mana. Sure, Draenei are hawt and I'd bang one any day of the week (lolperv) but Gnomes are cute! That and there are like......no gnome priests. At all. I got our guild the Classy Gnomes achieve with my racechange as well :P

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    Not even Paragon does that. I don't know what you people are smoking putting so much weight on racials.
    This too. Racials aren't designed to be a giant impact. They're supposed to be a small bonus, roughly balanced with other racials. Not something you racechange for (unless it's a big difference like in my case)
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

Changing between Goblin/Troll does make a big difference on some bosses, Goblin jump on Al'akir hc is a good example

15+ Year Old Account
    Goblin females have the cutest voice! Males sound like they're all part of the mafia

All tho orc's cannot priest they have one of the highest impacting racials in a pve situation humans have the highest in pvp but fuu all im tauren cuz they are amazing!

I think the real min-maxing based on racials is only important for DPS classes. 1% extra dps can mean a lot if you're pushing for a good world ranking, but even then it's only very rarely a deal breaker.
    As for healers, whatever. I love having Arcane Torrent, I loved having War Stomp, I loved having the human trinket, I'd love to have Berzerking or the rocket jump, but they really don't change anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree, every class and race should be the same. Let's homogenise the crap out of the game, that way we're all equal and no one has the advantage, however insignificantly small it may be. /sarcasm

My undead's WotF maybe useless most of the time, but in those situations where I do get feared (like in a raid or dungeon), it comes in handy. I don't care much for that extra long underwater breathing, which btw isn't infinite. I play warlock so I got a spell to breathe under water for 10mins. What the other racial? Canibilize? Yh very OP one right there. I play my class and race because I like them, not the racial. It's just a small bonus to support w/e lore there is.

I just play my class as best as I can and make due with what I've got. I've never felt the need to bitch and QQ about the racials others have that gives them 1% more dps or healing than me. I rolled undead, they rolled something else. Big deal, thats (virtual) life. Deal with it and move on.
    Last edited by Vayshan; 2011-05-30 at 02:27 PM.

Well they don't have a single UD.

But imo, it shouldn't matter. Play the race you like the most. I for one, like the UD because of the looks and awesome casting animations.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Blood Elf racial is very powerful for healing Priests, if regen is in any way an issue. 6% of your Mana every 2 minutes could easily be the difference in a wipe or a kill.

Troll and Goblin are better for Shadow if you care to min/max, but if they turn your stomach pick something else.

For the most part, racials are not gamebreaking. As it has been said countless times in countless threads, pick the race you can stand looking at for a few hours at a time.

I've race changed my Priest multiple times since Cataclysm came out and I've finally settled on Tauren because they are the master race. Nuff said.

Just wondering What is the best pve allaince/horde race for shadowpriest??

thanks

C.M.S, My favorite thing to start the morning with.

10+ Year Old Account
    I will say that I missed the hell out of Rocket Jump when I switched away from Goblin.

made my priest a gnome for da epicness lol

gotta love the mana boost and EA