15+ Year Old Account

Lock pet vs BM hunter's pet, who comes out on top?

Just curious really. I'm leveling both atm and this question came across my mind. I like the Felgaurd much more than any hunter pet, but I like pet classes in general. Anyways, which pet comes out on top in a duel given the toon are in relatively equal gear.
    my SWTOR referal link:
    http://www.swtor.com/r/CVCyHD

if pet just auto attack, and use pet skills, i belive felguard comes out on top, but if both classes can use pet skills (casted by the pet owner) and not healing, i belive the hunter pet would. havent tested tho.
    IGN Joe FC: 1908 - 0405 - 5213

10+ Year Old Account
    bm pet does more and is a larger % of their damage because of kill command and beastail wrath or whatever

meanwhile we have demon form which ups our damage
    Last edited by lightgil; 2011-05-30 at 08:20 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lightgil View Post
    bm pet does more and is a larger % of their damage because of killing blow and beastail wrath or whatever
    I know what you mean. It's "Kill Command" and "Bestial Wrath".

Though I haven't tested it, I think there between BM and demonology's felguard is in the fight itself.
    AoE: felguard (felstorm and cleave)
    Single target: BM pet (kill command, bestial wrath, call of the wild [CD 5 min]).

A big difference from both talent trees is that most of demonology talents are buffing the warlock itself. Comparing this to BM spec and you'll see that nearly all or even ALL talents include the word "pet". Either buffing you because of having a pet active, or buffing the pet by itself.

@Dracco: hunter pets CAN heal themselves, indeed. But they're in general tanking pets if not mistaken. They have a certain percentage to heal themselves when they attack something. Also in general hunters have got quite a few abilities to heal the pets themselves. Lick Wounds, Mend Pet, etc. Spirit beasts are also even capable to heal someone else with a CD.

Deleted
    I think Axe toss ~felstorm kills any hunter pet.

10+ Year Old Account
    We need a video!

Probably depends on the Hunter's Pet's family. If we only take skills on the Pet's bars (so no Kill Command, Bestial Wrath, Spirit Bond, or any Warlock jazz), I think a Tenacity pet would come out on top easily. Huge amount of armor, self healing on Growl, Last Stand, and some nifty pet specific stuff (Turtle shield wall + 50% base armor = wet noodle fel storm).

Really, I think just about any pet family could do the job if they're talented properly, and that's really where Hunter pets have a big advantage.

Would definitely be interesting to see though. I second that video request.
    My style is rich, dope, phat; in which we'll bake a cake today that looks rich.

Pitting a BM Pet (Potentially Exotic) vs a Felguard is crying for some pain.

Spirit Beast - It's got a self-heal it will be using.
    Turtle/Beetle - They are quite literally tanks. Racial = Guardian of Ancient Kings. Cower = Better than Divine Protection (It's -40% for 6 seconds, but a 50% snare for those 6 seconds). And they get Last Stand.
    Raptor/Serpent - Sunder Armor debuff
    Worm/Ravager - +4% Physical Damage debuff

And to the AoE vs Single Target.... Worms and Chimeras would like a word with you. Moreso the Chimaeras: http://wow-petopia.com/talents/skill...oststormbreath
    That is right. No Cooldown. It's not a TON of damage (My like ilevel 315 geared 85 Hunter's 7535 AP = almost 1000 Dmg per tick of it), but it can be run endlessly (given 20 Focus is nothing that won't be restored by it's end).

For a Turtle, this is the ideal talent tree I'd give them: http://www.wowhead.com/petcalc#MczGzr0bfo0b
    That Axe Toss stun just got nerfed by Lionhearted too.
    Last edited by ZeroEdgeir; 2011-05-30 at 05:07 PM.

Deleted
    Wouldn't a Doomguard critting for 80k just pulverize a hunter pet?

Quote Originally Posted by Kilmir View Post
    Wouldn't a Doomguard critting for 80k just pulverize a hunter pet?
    a 10 min cooldown against a passive pet?

Felhunter > all. it does 50k crits

Quote Originally Posted by Ragelicious View Post
    Felhunter > all. it does 50k crits
    He speak about duel of pets, not dots on enemy pet, no crits for 50k.
    Guild Website - server EU-Drak'thul (Horde)
    www.impiks.cz

10+ Year Old Account
    Succubus hits harder than a Felguard, or Felhunter with no DoTs.

Quote Originally Posted by Kilmir View Post
    Doomguard critting for 80k
    I guess mine needs a training from yours... seriouly 80k? no way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LeyrHao View Post
    I guess mine needs a training from yours... seriouly 80k? no way.
    it crits over 80k if your demo stacking mastery

if the lock is good and has BoD+Corruption+UA+Haunt+Shadowflame+CoE up as much as possible and you just take the pets damage on that target... id think the felhunter would win simply bc shadowbite scales so much when u have so many dots up ^^

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabaka View Post
    if the lock is good and has BoD+Corruption+UA+Haunt+Shadowflame+CoE up as much as possible and you just take the pets damage on that target... id think the felhunter would win simply bc shadowbite scales so much when u have so many dots up ^^
    first, haunt isn't a dot, and CoE neither. but u could tack drainlife instead.
    second, we talk about DEMO warlocks (because that is our pet tree), not an affliction warlock ^^

Deleted
    so hunters dont get to use wrath or kill command but locks and pre dot i call unfair

any way spirit beast wins hands down