Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

My assumption of deathwing/N'zoth locations

Today I watched Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship Of The Ring

It got me thinking, as the fellowship traveled through Moria (the old dwarven mines) Gandalf explains of the dangers of this place as he says the dwarves tunneled too deep in these once majestic halls and they found shadow and fire which led to mass destruction and death and this is how the Balrog came to the earth.

As soon as i watched this it instantly popped up in my head that Moria is exactly the same as ironforge and the area labelled as old ironforge digs even deeper down into the mountain than ironforge

and so could this be a link to Lotr and could the deep digging of the dwarves have led them to the very chamber of Deathwing or maybe even N'zoth?

Pretty much all modern fantasy is based on Lord of the Rings, so I don't think your guesses are too far out of the question.

Keep in mind I know absolutely nothing of WoW lore, so what you said may be idiotic in the grand scheme of that. I don't know

Deleted
    I think you should get out more.

And no, that wasn't meant as trolling, at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Zomg, I haven't even thought about it. That sounds pretty plausible to be honest! (Though it sounds even more reasonable if DW was deep within Grim Batol)

Quote Originally Posted by Necessarius View Post

It got me thinking, as the fellowship traveled through Moria (the old dwarven mines) Gandalf explains of the dangers of this place as he says the dwarves tunneled too deep in these once majestic halls and they found shadow and fire which led to mass destruction and death and this is how the Balrog came to the earth.

As soon as i watched this it instantly popped up in my head that Moria is exactly the same as ironforge and the area labelled as old ironforge digs even deeper down into the mountain than ironforge

and so could this be a link to Lotr and could the deep digging of the dwarves have led them to the very chamber of Deathwing or maybe even N'zoth?
    I was thinking more along the lines of Grim Batol. No way Deathwing got into Ironforge without them seeing. It's possible that an old god would be down there somewhere but I doubt it. He would have caused havic long before now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow, that actually makes a bit of sense...but isn't N'Zoth linked to the Emerald Nightmare/the Ocean?

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by -Zait- View Post
    Wow, that actually makes a bit of sense...but isn't N'Zoth linked to the Emerald Nightmare/the Ocean?
    He lays dreaming...in the sunken city of Nyalotha :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Replace ironforge with grim batol,
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

Deleted
    of course yes grim batol is more plausible

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Resentful View Post
    Look around. They will all abandon you. Flee screaming into the Black Forest.

Edit: You changed your avatar again.

Oh so all the old gods are Lovecraftian in nature, I thought that was just Yogg.

Cool

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seelenjaeger View Post
    Look around. They will all abandon you. Flee screaming into the Black Forest.

Edit: You changed your avatar again.
    It is standing right behind you. Do not move. Do not breathe.

Deleted
    would it not be possible for grim batol and ironforge to be linked due to old ironforge?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Penguin FTW View Post
    Oh so all the old gods are Lovecraftian in nature, I thought that was just Yogg.

Cool
    All the old gods were based of Lovecraft's writings, and the expanded universe. Personally, I find it odd that such a major villain is a reference to such a established universe.

---------- Post added 2011-05-28 at 04:13 PM ----------

I swung at it. Did it work?

Deleted
    All places, all things have souls. All souls can be devoured.

would it not be possible for grim batol and ironforge to be linked due to old ironforge?
    Like through some kind of tunnel? Possible but not likely. Thats a rather long tunnel.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by godofslack View Post
    Personally, I find it odd that such a major villain is a reference to such a established universe.
    Lovecraft's universe gets reference a lot in fiction, in a wide variety of works. Because it's just so great.

I predict Ny'alotha will rise from the ocean, as it's counterpart did in the Lovecraft story. Kul Tiras will be our staging ground for invading it. I think it's possible we'll face N'Zoth and maybe even Deathwing himself there.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Togarox View Post
    Like through some kind of tunnel? Possible but not likely. Thats a rather long tunnel.
    If there's a tunnel SW - IF there can be a tunnel OIF - GB.

I'd assume Deathwing and N'zoth will be in two different places. Deathwing is last "seen" (in Night of the Dragon book, apart from Cataclysm trailer, depending on timeframe) in caverns below Grim Batol. N'zoth might be under the sea.

he's defiantly a fan of underground things but i think that oldgod is underwater with azshara (possibly the reason she's a fish lady now) and if DW were in old IF they'd have all been killed by now. Not a bad theory though living underground in such close proximity to the old gods imprisonment is what drove neltharion crazy and made him deathwing in the first place though and he was charged with watching the deep places of the earth.Digging to far is also how the troggs popped up in dwarven territory i believe