Archaeology epic artifacts

Hi, i was recently talking about this with some guildies that the archaeology items are gonna be outdated come 4.2 and what blizzard would do to make them not just feel like "yay i got some crap epic i cant use anymore".
    We then ended up discussing how blizzard could add some quest chains to archaeology items in the following patches where you through some tedious digging through various digsites or something akin to that would end up empowering the weapons to be on par with the current normal mode weapon. Think something akin to quel'delar, where they could maybe if you take the troll sword make you go empower it during the jindo encounter or something akin to that. this would ofc be harder for some other epics seeing as they are less tied to a boss, but i would also think that tthey would be able to make some cool events in older dungeons or cataclysm zones.

Personally i dont see any reason why not to do that as it will make archaeology an interesting proffesion in the upcomming patches aswell (seen from a gear PoW) and i dont believe it will cause troubles for people not getting to replace that weapon, seeing how there will always be the heroic versions that are better.

Would love some input on this as it kinda sucks if archaeology items are gonna be left as ultra rare more or less useless items in the future.

Deleted
    It's a decent idea, but I think the artifacts are fine as they are. They are BoA, so whenever you get a new alt to level 85, you can throw an epic to that character to help gearing up even faster