Poll: What Warlock Spec do you Enjoy the Most?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    When there is that rare opportunity to pop aoe on trash it is Demo AoE, but I voted for Destruction (PvE) because it keeps me from falling asleep during the most boring encounters there are (Nef normal is boring as hell when add-positioning and healing is wiping you)
    Ex-GM and Raidleader of the MoX Purple Kittens Raidteam on Twisting Nether (formerly Grim Batol), RIP, Winter 2010 - Spring 2013.
    Armory. WoWProgress. Might start streaming Soon(tm) http://twitch.tv/szem/

Deleted
    I like destruction a lot these days, though I'm a bit put off by the long casttime Soul Fire all the time. It really breaks the synergy of the rest of the build. The haste buff proc we had at the start of Cata was better because it also decreased SF's casttime. On the other hand having to keep the buff up all the time makes you play a lot more tactical.
    Overall I like the spec a lot due to the utility, mobility and sheer awesomeness of burning stuff.

I do like aff as well, though I often have the feeling it's too.. easy I guess. You're not juggling dots anymore like the good old days. Now that was a challenge.

Deleted
    Demonology all the way.
    Won't ever use another spec to raid with.

destruction, coolest spec among all the classes imo! demo is ok i guess, it just feels 'slow' to me tho..
    as for who chooses affliction, imo its just being biased for its the best performing spec, but how can it be any fun? just wondering.. its like, put dots here and there, wait for them to finish, put them again.. sooo static
    Estás usando este software de traducción de forma incorrecta. Por favor, consulta el manual.

Deleted
    Been affliction for 5 years, and I still love it.. I only do pvp though

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by quesadilla View Post
    Destruction all the way.
    some men just want to watch the world burn.
    This! My first talent point was put into the destruction tree about 4 years (?) ago, and I loved this spec ever since

Deleted
    Where's the Demo love?

Deleted
    Destruction >
    But recently started a new lock on another server, must say having tons of fun with Demo, casts are too slow though

10+ Year Old Account
    Everything except affliction its by fair the most bland unentertaining spec out of every class. No big numbers insanely basic rotation no reactive cooldowns like demo form or anything.

Made by dubbelbasse

I loved old affliction that actually required you to think and manage timers etc. Now i played around with it for like 1-2 hours and fell back to destro. I just dont see the point of a rotation that basicly is a 3 button rotation. I still outpefrom the affli locks on most encounters either way so i rather play destro and have a semi difficult rotation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seelenjaeger View Post
    Demonology all the way.
    Won't ever use another spec to raid with.
    This, except my guild wants me to try affliction this week, even though I know how to play all the specs and know Demo AoE> .. people in my guild are clueless about locks. "but world of logs says.." Yeah I don't care what World of Logs says. I'm like top DPS as Demo lol.
    Power?!?! I'll show you POWER!!!

SM/Ruin ftw. I only liked demonnic sac in DS/S&F.

Nowdays with dual spec, pick aff/destro as primary, demo as the second spec. Its all fight specific. I would say Destro would be most fun, especially if you loved ruin like i did back in the day. And the Demon Form in demo adds a fair bit of fun in a lot of fights.

I love the shit out of Demonology PvE, but it's the lowest of the 3 for raiding at the moment, so I've been trying to learn affliction again.

It's by far my favorite spec when we talk about what I ENJOY, though, because there is nothing better than popping Metamorphosis, Immo Aura, and Hellfire, then running circles through a pack of mobs cackling.

Also, lock tanking for fail!tanks in 5 mans is fun when they die. I'll never forget the long pause after I finished saving a pull after the tank folded like paper, because it was followed by the healer saying "Wow, you're easier to heal than the tank."

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post
    I love the shit out of Demonology PvE, but it's the lowest of the 3 for raiding at the moment, so I've been trying to learn affliction again.

It's by far my favorite spec when we talk about what I ENJOY, though, because there is nothing better than popping Metamorphosis, Immo Aura, and Hellfire, then running circles through a pack of mobs cackling.

Also, lock tanking for fail!tanks in 5 mans is fun when they die. I'll never forget the long pause after I finished saving a pull after the tank folded like paper, because it was followed by the healer saying "Wow, you're easier to heal than the tank."
    Really wish they can bring back Woltk demon days, best days of my demonology within my warlock

Quote Originally Posted by tilatequila View Post
    destruction pvp was fun back in wotlk when healthpools werent so huge and destro spells didnt hit like wet noodles and not every class could dispell immo.
    /agree
    however, I was a rebel and went demo. Not so easy.

man this poll just goes to show that the vast majority of people suck at pvp and more than likely only pve in the first place so they dont know if they like it or not

Deleted
    I wish I could 100% demo, but it's more 70% demo, 15% destruction and 15% affliction. I agree, the decimation phase of demo ruins the whole spec and I find it a little too easy atm. But I love changing into a demon

10+ Year Old Account
    When I was leveling I remember having loads of fun with Destruction in PvP, my best memory was being completely astounded that Chaos Bolt pierced the Mage bubble, and summoning an Infernal onto the field in AV causing loads of people to back pedal xP

i had alot of fun playing Aff PvP

I remember back in the day when I put all of my talent points into Destro as a pure Ruin Build with a couple points in imp HS for raiding. Oh ShadowBolt Spams... How I don't miss you. (granted killing Rag back then using just SB was a lot easier than trying to kill him now with Destro as every freakin spell is fire and last I checked he was still immune).