Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Did you check if the other people use recount or if they use skada or other dps meters? Im using skada and there seems to be a difference how your dps is calculated if numbers are compared with recount.

Deleted
    I only use Recount to get an indication. Nobody in my raids flexes their muscles when topping the meters till the logs are posted on WoL.

Honestly, I use recount more for evaluating what went wrong after a failed try then actually epeen measuring.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lightgil View Post
    lol?

I love how people dont know how to use doomguard...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_iDWO4ju0Og

^ old vid is old
    no raid buffs and still doomguard did 18k dps

so yeah no troll
    Just what we needed A single test of doomgaurd dps from a demo lock cleaving down non elite non boss mobs and measuring dps with recount.
    That was a good laugh indeed.

Made by dubbelbasse

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kushlol View Post
    Just what we needed A single test of doomgaurd dps from a demo lock cleaving down non elite non boss mobs and measuring dps with recount.
    That was a good laugh indeed.
    Well glad I made you laugh ;D hope you don't choke on all the thick sarcasm and die :O

woosh
    you missed my point the point was all that dps you saw from doomguard and all that damage done only would appear on my recount and would make my dps appear about 10k lower on other peoples recounts

10+ Year Old Account
    Well glad I made you laugh ;D hope you don't choke on all the thick sarcasm and die :O

woosh
    you missed my point the point was all that dps you saw from doomguard and all that damage done only would appear on my recount and would make my dps appear about 10k lower on other peoples recounts
    Was more laughing about the fact the Ops question was already answered and you felt the need to toss in some silly vid and the fact you spout pure nonsense about 20k dps doomgaurds doing 1 million damage.

Made by dubbelbasse

Quote Originally Posted by Malefic View Post
    As I said, only your Recount tracks your guardians. It's the same for every class that has a guardian. Paladins, Priests, Shamans plus any others I can't think of right now.
    So, to clarify, other recounts wouldn't show stuff like searing totem? Would the world logs show this?
    If curiosity killed the cat, why can't speculation kill you?

10+ Year Old Account

woosh
    Only way doom guard is going to make you show 10k lower on other peoples recounts is if the fight only lasted 2 minutes. Otherwise on a normalish short fight its prolly closer to 2-4k.

Just goes to show you demos problems "LAWL im doing 40k dps...awww cds ran out"

10+ Year Old Account
    Was more laughing about the fact the Ops question was already answered and you felt the need to toss in some silly vid and the fact you spout pure nonsense about 20k dps doomgaurds doing 1 million damage.

"pure nonsense about 20k dps doomgaurds doing 1 million damage"

LOL way to make yourself look like a fool

doomguard in video on dummies did 1098967 damage and 18270 dps (thats over 1 mil just btw

pure nonsense? wow maybe you should pay attention before you start spewing out your own nonsense <3

---------- Post added 2011-05-30 at 11:17 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by zinnin View Post
    Only way doom guard is going to make you show 10k lower on other peoples recounts is if the fight only lasted 2 minutes. Otherwise on a normalish short fight its prolly closer to 2-4k.

Just goes to show you demos problems "LAWL im doing 40k dps...awww cds ran out"
    and yeah thats how demo works atm heavy burst then dps goes up and down over and over gradually dropping off more and more over time but thats way the it works. most fights aren't that long anyways tbh

10+ Year Old Account
    "pure nonsense about 20k dps doomgaurds doing 1 million damage"

LOL way to make yourself look like a fool

doomguard in video on dummies did 1098967 damage and 18270 dps (thats over 1 mil just btw

pure nonsense? wow maybe you should pay attention before you start spewing out your own nonsense <3

---------- Post added 2011-05-30 at 11:17 PM ----------

and yeah thats how demo works atm heavy burst then dps goes up and down over and over gradually dropping off more and more over time but thats way the it works. most fights aren't that long anyways tbh
    Still waiting for that log of your doomgaurd doing 20k dps and 1 million damage so I can take you seriously and stop laughing.

Made by dubbelbasse

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Malefic View Post
    Recount doesn't track guardians other then your own. Your recount will track your Doomguard/Infernal, theirs won't. Just like a Shadow Priests Recount shows his Shadowy Apparations whereas everyone elses doesn't. Same with Shamans Fire Elemental etc.
    I saw this and bragged today. This is really good news. It means i'm WAY above the highest single target dps as Demo.
    Power?!?! I'll show you POWER!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Still waiting for that log of your doomgaurd doing 20k dps and 1 million damage so I can take you seriously and stop laughing.
    already posted it? :P

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure but doomguard is showing up for me on my recount and other people's recount, only thing that isnt showing up for me is the Ebon Imp and shadowy apparitions in our 10 mans.

10+ Year Old Account
    @Lightgil

Sorry

When a wild forum troll appears

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricen View Post
    @Lightgil

Sorry
    its ok np

How much of a dps boost is a doomguard for Demo? He only casts shadowbolt I think...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lychee3000 View Post
    How much of a dps boost is a doomguard for Demo? He only casts shadowbolt I think...
    Doombolt and unless theres more than like 5 targets in the fight your going to wanna use him each doombolt can crit for over 80k as demo stacking mastery

The whole point is that your recound doesn't always see what other people do, and vise-versa. World of Logs will give you more accurate information because it looks at every hit the boss took, rather than every spell you and your friends cast. This different perspective makes it nearly impossible to miss data, which is what's causing your discrepency.

Really, the best use of recount (or skada) isn't to gloat about the top, but to keep track of personal bests or figure out what you can do better or what the raid can do better. Meters don't down bosses, after all.