Is Everquest 2 really Free 2 Play?

I bought the all in one compilation pack today, i installed it, created an account, put the activation code and tried to log in, but it said i needed to subscribe. in my account info it says "Everquest II: Closed" and under that says "Everquest II Extended: Active", and Bronze membership. Bronze membership is f2p right?

sorry if i'm not being clear enough but i'ts 6am and this is driving me crazy ahah! Thanks in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by skycaptain View Post
    I bought the all in one compilation pack today, i installed it, created an account, put the activation code and tried to log in, but it said i needed to subscribe. in my account info it says "Everquest II: Closed" and under that says "Everquest II Extended: Active", and Bronze membership. Bronze membership is f2p right?

sorry if i'm not being clear enough but i'ts 6am and this is driving me crazy ahah! Thanks in advance!
    EQ2 Extended is free, EQ2 Closed is not, you need to download the EQ2 Extended client.

While there is a topic about it on the front page, I'm going to ask:

How is EQ2?

i enjoyed the time i spent in eq2 almost as much as i did in eq1. the one thing i can say is that it's not the most newbie friendly game in the world if you're looking into getting into raiding. not impossible, but rather a bit more time consuming

Quote Originally Posted by ixirawr View Post
    While there is a topic about it on the front page, I'm going to ask:

How is EQ2?
    I find EQ2 entertaining enough, but that's mostly due to always being somewhat into EQ and the MMO market being very limited atm and not because it's an amazing game.
    Levelling/questing/PvE/PvP is like any other theme park MMORPG but I feel it has more depth than WoW/Rift/etc., lots of zones, decent crafting, alternate advancement is pretty good and it's weird no other MMO has fully utilized this, housing system with A TON of housing items.