Professions for a shaman

Good morning everyone

I've been running with Leatherworking and Skinning for as long as I can remember, so i reckon it is time for a change. I'm thinking about swapping Skinning out with another crafting profession to benefit from the extra enchants/sockets etc. So my question really is:

Since i do both PVP and PVE, what crafting profession would benefit me the most (as a resto/elem shaman)? - is it still JC?
    - I'm favouring Engineering, but will the "tinker" enchants be worth it in comparison to other professions
    That's the thing about RNG. It doesn't hate anybody - it just goes about its business, oblivious to the world around it.

JC in my opinion, they're just overall great for any spec, and relatively cheap to level. A bonus for every and any stat, what's to lose?

Dont forget that skinning does give you a bonus.

http://www.wowhead.com/spell=74495

Its 80 crit rating at 525

Personally, I just love JC on all my toons. It's bonuses are so flexible and great.

I generally pick Alchemy + Enchanting/JC.

Quote Originally Posted by Rubidium View Post
    Dont forget that skinning does give you a bonus.

http://www.wowhead.com/spell=74495

Its 80 crit rating at 525
    That's true, but wouldn't it be outweighed by, say the JC?
    That's the thing about RNG. It doesn't hate anybody - it just goes about its business, oblivious to the world around it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Levitt View Post
    I generally pick Alchemy + Enchanting/JC.
    This. Is recently dropped herbalism for my shammy to go with Alchemy + Enchanting. Mostly for the ring enchants and since I don't have enchanting on any other character.

Quote Originally Posted by Zuko View Post
    That's true, but wouldn't it be outweighed by, say the JC?
    Skinning really isn't worth it. 80 Crit rating is actually bad as Shaman. Since it's Elemental's worst stat, Enhancement's 2nd worst stat, and Restoration's lowest throughput stat.

JC is a great choice, as is Engineering.

However, any crafting profession will get you what you need (+80 of a stat). However, JC does give you 81, so it's kinda better. I know a lot of people go Alchemy just for a comfort of life type thing with extended flask duration and such.

Deleted
    I'm currently raiding resto/ele with tailoring and enchanting. If I was going to start another shaman from scratch I would personally go for JC and Enchant - great raiding stats and good profitability.