Poll: I still Tank with my Bear

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Miserable how? It was harder pre-4.1, but since the buff it's nearly back to the ease of wotlk. Kinda hopin' the nerf in 4.2 fixes that a bit. I want to be perfectly viable, but I don't want to feel like I can take a nap and tank just fine either.
    Last edited by DesolatedMaggot; 2011-05-30 at 12:13 PM.

I'm playing two Druids! That's how much I love Druids!
    I have not given up on them and I never will! <3
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    AHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA YOU'RE FUCKED. (Yes, it's my forums, I'm allowed to do that)

Deleted
    Well in cata only tanked a bit in the beginning and I remember doing insane dmg...mana sponge or not I loved it when I used to have a huge hp pool compared to other tanks...now it pretty much feels like any other tank so that's why probably I focused more on pvp as resto. I still do tank every now and then but I don't know for me it isn't the same anymore.

I still tank a lot with my druids, but they are rare indeed. When i join heroics as dps or on alts i rarely see a druid tank, maybe even 1 out of 50.

I love mine though, very fun to tank with, especially now they are a bit less boring with new skills like Pulverize and Thrash. I do notice being a bit harder to heal with the change so savage defense etc, but its only the first tier of the expansion and i already notice stuff is getting easier.

My usual offspec is balance, because i love to be caster dps once in a while. I switch it around with Resto to get some PvP achievements and mess around in battlegrounds.

Yea i still love mine and it will always be my main .

only reason i play this game is bcos of my druid

Deleted
    How can anyone stop playing a druid? ^^
    Once i start playing and getting gear for each spec, i nearly never touched any other class again cause druid is just perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by Tareum View Post
    only reason i play this game is bcos of my druid
    This :>

[The message you have entered is too short.]

I currently raid with two classes. Bear and DK. My druid has been my main for years. The DK actually tanks better (I've very nearly soloed heroic 85 dungeon bosses... first boss in zul'gurub comes to mind) because of its survivability, but I really love my bear.

Bear is my main for like 3 years and i haev to say its everything ok with druid tanking, nothing to complain about. My best friend is playing druid tank and not complaining. I also have prot warrior alt with almost same gaer as my druid and tbh, its easier to play druid and also druid got more survivability.

Also dunno whats the point of rolling other class cos of druid's "playstyle". U have 4 good specs, theres always something to play.

Since this is a bear thread, mind anyone tell me how to get threat for AoE? I used to be feral kitty/resto, but am bored and wanted to try something new, and my main being a holy paladin/retri, i just wanted to tank, so i socket'd everything with stamina and it was ok, went to zandalari, zul aman i think, killed first 2 bosses, then we kept wiping for forever at a pack of mobs, i couldn't hold agro for all the mobs, maybe i don't understand my skills well, someone mind enlightening me?

Also, any tanking addons i should use (totally unaware T.T)

I tanked with all 4 tanks in WotLK, and felt Druid was the least capable. Thus, in Cataclysm, I leveled the Pally, Warrior, and DK to 85 and tanked on them.

I just recently got the Druid to 85 and started tanking again, and I'm relatively happy with it. I'm not 100% happy with our ranged interrupt (since it doesn't let me actually stay ranged), but it is better than nothing. I LOVE Thrash and Pulverize. Oh, and not enough Druids use Stampeding Roar... that skill is a blast!

my 'main alt' is a feral druid and damnet if that isn't one of the best tanks I've ever played, it's hella fun and a lot less dmg is taken (form what I can see)

wot the hell you talkin about? druids are probably in the strongest position in game that they hav ever been...

Bears are very strong tanks, good survivability and great damage.
    Cats are average with big buffs coming next patch
    Boomkins are very strong single target and aoe
    Tree's have the highest healing throughput of any healing class, only lacking a healing cd like others.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lestrang View Post
    Since this is a bear thread, mind anyone tell me how to get threat for AoE? I used to be feral kitty/resto, but am bored and wanted to try something new, and my main being a holy paladin/retri, i just wanted to tank, so i socket'd everything with stamina and it was ok, went to zandalari, zul aman i think, killed first 2 bosses, then we kept wiping for forever at a pack of mobs, i couldn't hold agro for all the mobs, maybe i don't understand my skills well, someone mind enlightening me?

Also, any tanking addons i should use (totally unaware T.T)
    Not sure if trolling but don't gem stamina big no no
    aoe threat and single target threat on the bear has never been easier/better, gem agi-agi/mastery-dodge stamina, reforge to dodge

Deleted
    Yeah, can't remember the last time I grouped with a druid tank, that said, the 2 chars I run heroics on are: Prot pally (so obviously no feral tank) and resto druid (and I assume the Dungeon finder class balance thing will avoid putting me with another Druid where possible). So hardly a surprise .

I tanked through all of WotLK so I'm a bit spent on tanking and I've gone Kitty deeps now because I really enjoy Feral. Also, not a big fan of many changes they made to Bears, namely the CD on our AoE moves.

My Druid will always stay my main, there are just too many unique things about Druids (regardless of class homogenization). The day they give instant cast flight form to other classes, or turn it into a 2-second spell, I will reconsider.

Deleted
    I switched my main to a druid in Cata, with one of the main aims to be able to tank with him. The lack of a ranged silence makes me sad and gives me extra trouble trying to separate mobs from their CC'd friends so I can maul and swipe in safety - not a fun thing to do when pugging. Currently tanking my DK more now due to guild runs not being very frequent recently.

One simple ranged silence would make me so much happier.

I would never give up my bear for anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Drihan View Post
    I would never give up my bear for anything.
    Not even for a Klondike Bar?

I gave up on tanking after the nerf to mastery and moved onto healing role, it was just frustrating the poor survivability we had until they buffed our armor. I might try retaking on the tanking in 4.2 (more survivability buffs) but for now I'm needed as healer in raids.