15+ Year Old Account

Increasing your DPS with Mind Control

Have you found any mobs that are useful for mind controlling, as in they deal more damage than you or have useful buffs/debuffs? There was a thread like this in the official forums at some point, haven't seen one here though.

I've found the following mobs useful!

- Twilight Emissaries in BRD have a spell dmg buff that lasts for 30 minutes

- Twilight Fire Guards in Searing Gorge. You can MC them and buff yourself with unlimited (Afaik) stacks of fire shield, each dealing 50-140 damage per 3 sec. to all nearby enemies, lasts 10 min! There are other mobs in the game too that have the fire shield buff, like Kobolds in AV.

- Bloodwarder Menders in Botanica have a 30 min buff that boosts spellpower by 300, useful for buffing all casters in the group

- Dark Rune Shapers in Halls of Stone have a buff that increases int by 200 and hit rating by 50 for 2 minutes :/

10+ Year Old Account
    Where everything is bitter. Especially me.
    Void Reaver trash mobs (the only humanoids in the packs) can trivialize all of the packs with their fragmentation bombs, chain-stunning everything they hit. (0 sec CD, instant cast)
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    *bro fist*
    Main - My Youtube Channel - Useful PvP Items - Hunter Pet Spreadsheet - Music and Stuff

Deleted
    I'm having fun with the Shadowlance's in Halls of Origination. Especially on the larger pulls because they have that really damn nice AoE you can use which does around 12k a second to anyone nearby.

10+ Year Old Account
    Haven't played in months but i remember a mob in Lost City that had a fan of knives looking skill that would let me do about 20k dps i think when i MC'd him. Was always fun to ask my group to leave him to kill last.

TBH MC pull . Get the entire add's HP down in seconds if your group is confortable with it.

Fairly sure all dungeon based NPC buffs are cleared once leaving the dungeon and resulting in most being useless.
    There are some world buffs that are attainable which increase your DPS (demons in desolace)

Quote Originally Posted by Arcanimus View Post
    Void Reaver trash mobs (the only humanoids in the packs) can trivialize all of the packs with their fragmentation bombs, chain-stunning everything they hit. (0 sec CD, instant cast)
    I thought they nerfed that a long long long time ago.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ianmarmour View Post
    TBH MC pull . Get the entire add's HP down in seconds if your group is confortable with it.
    This. Especially back in December/Jan when people were still getting used to places like VP and Lost City, MC pulls were fantastic to get that annoying healer or annoying spellcaster focused down by their own buddies. Got quite a few complements for doing so.

i like enslaving demons for this purpose on my lock, but sadly this is not a lock thread.

but i've seen people MC mobs in vortex pennacle and jump them off the edge. its quite amusing...though you don't get anything from it.
    This pretty much sums up how i feel about this thread

Quote Originally Posted by ianmarmour View Post
    I do love having the only CC in the game that KILLS a mob
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zero infiniti View Post
    i like enslaving demons for this purpose on my lock, but sadly this is not a lock thread.
    Please still do post where you do this. Maybe it would be even worth an own thread.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tearor View Post
    Please still do post where you do this. Maybe it would be even worth an own thread.
    There was an OT right after it, no? You mind him stating that he likes such a topic about another class too?

OT; Seeing mobs killing their own is way better then those 12k hits/spellpower buffs =)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Prozac View Post
    There was an OT right after it, no? You mind him stating that he likes such a topic about another class too?

OT; Seeing mobs killing their own is way better then those 12k hits/spellpower buffs =)
    not really, didn't want to derail, sorry. he could pm me though or make a WL thread

You can enslave demons in HoO.

Also, in VP, I like to MC mobs and have them jump off a ledge.

Spoiler Alert:

They don't get ported back to the beginning like players do

The Flamecasters in ZA are nice to MC for the haste and movement speed buff you can give to another party member. I find it buggy at times though, so it randomly casts on the mob itself or the friendly target (party member). I usually toss it to the caster DPS, or the healer if there isn't one.