Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Selkhet View Post
    The treadmills on the gym I used to go had these little key-things that you put into the panel and there's a wire that you attach to your clothing with a clip. If you slip, the key will be pulled off and the treadmill will immediately stop. Don't yours have this kind of safety device?

If they do, and you were not using them, as I've seen a LOT of people who couldn't be arsed to spend 5 seconds to set up a safety device, it's totally your fault IMO. =p
    Only problem is the string is too short and if you get too far back it pulls the pin out of the machine and shuts it off, I hate mine at home because of that. The one's at the gym are better because they have a couple E-stop buttons on them.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Obese View Post
    Dropped a bar that had 2x 55lbs weights on it. It slipped off my back...(was doing squats) Pretty much had the entire gym stop what they were doing to look at where that massive bang sound came from lolol
    I had something similiar to this happen about a month ago. Was doing incline dumbbell bench press(75 lbs), As I got them up to the starting position, my right arm gave out. Was so irritated I threw the dumbbell, guess it made a loud noise(had my music on), & everyone turned around lol. Yes, I know it's dangerous to throw it. But I was at the end of the room with no one within reach of being hit.

I've done 75 lbs before, but I guess I wasn't able to get them up after recently upping the weight on flatbench dumbbell press that same day.

Quote Originally Posted by Shikomei_TFC View Post
    I had something similiar to this happen about a month ago. Was doing incline dumbbell bench press(75 lbs), As I got them up to the starting position, my right arm gave out. Was so irritated I threw the dumbbell, guess it made a loud noise(had my music on), & everyone turned around lol. Yes, I know it's dangerous to throw it. But I was at the end of the room with no one within reach of being hit.

I've done 75 lbs before, but I guess I wasn't able to get them up after recently upping the weight on flatbench dumbbell press that same day.
    Funny, my brother had about the same exact thing happen to him around the same time period, but he was taking not so good pills that effected his mood.
    Last edited by Digglett; 2011-06-04 at 01:06 AM.

Think I've only ever dropped a barbell once while doing the standing palms-up barbell behind the back wrist curl. Just kind of slipped out of my hands - but I was embarrassed, lol. Never fell off any treadmill though hahaha.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Porkins View Post
    LOL oh dear

Glad I run outside and not in a gym, when I fall (which I often do due to these pasty geek legs) no one sees me except some squirrels.
    Well the concrete sees your face. XD

I have had very similar but perhaps more extreme examples

I often train beyond the 'avg joe' due to my MMA and many a time towards the end of my run on the treadmill I start to go faster and steeper.....

The build up of lactic acid makes me sick so I start to puke profusively but I tend to continue running while retching....its usually when I start to really puke hard that I loose my balance and am flung into the wall behind me but, I shrugg it off and run rite back onto the machine.

needless to say the people in the gym I train at don't really take that much notice of it all since we are all training in MMA its a common occurence to push yourself beyond the limit!

screw treadmills. walk around you community to get exercise and get to know people who live around you

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spoogles View Post

I often train beyond the 'avg joe' due to my MMA and many a time towards the end of my run on the treadmill I start to go faster and steeper.....

The build up of lactic acid makes me sick so I start to puke profusively but I tend to continue running while retching....its usually when I start to really puke hard that I loose my balance and am flung into the wall behind me but, I shrugg it off and run rite back onto the machine.

needless to say the people in the gym I train at don't really take that much notice of it all since we are all training in MMA its a common occurence to push yourself beyond the limit!
    O_O

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters.

LOL . If I were in that Gym I'd litterlly roll on the floor laughing

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mupto View Post
    screw treadmills. walk around you community to get exercise and get to know people who live around you
    Which is better than a treadmill how? Besides burning less calories.

I can't use treadmills, acute tendonitis in my knee:/ So I cycle with lots of hill settings, 35mins a day, everyday.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UncleSilas View Post
    Care to elaborate?

Quote Originally Posted by UncleSilas View Post

I can't use treadmills, acute tendonitis in my knee:/ So I cycle with lots of hill settings, 35mins a day, everyday.
    theres a distinct difference between running outside and on a treadmill, movement, some people (like myself) are more motivated to push when we physically see the distance ahead

that being said, treadmills are fantastic, especially with some of the new technology they are finally implementing (not talking tv's, talking durability and functionality)

Dropped a 100 lbs dumbbell on my chest and broke my rib just last month

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by conaan View Post
    theres a distinct difference between running outside and on a treadmill, movement, some people (like myself) are more motivated to push when we physically see the distance ahead

that being said, treadmills are fantastic, especially with some of the new technology they are finally implementing (not talking tv's, talking durability and functionality)
    Unfortunatly for some bizzare reason I can`t jog putside, but on treadmill I can easily do 7k in about 40-45 mins outside barely 1k before I have to stop

OT:- Not done nothing quite that bad but came close a fair few times most recently when my towel fell from the display and caught round my leg. Thankfuly before I fell I managed to hit the emergency stop so

Quote Originally Posted by Spoogles View Post

I know your feeling brother, MMA for life.

I don't really care what you call me, you can even call me cold...

Quote Originally Posted by Mitak View Post
    Roller blades... you know no matter how good you are on them you will definitely fall and make a fool of yourself. The best thing about rollerblades is that you dont just fall down quietly, no. You do a lot of acrobatic movements, throwing legs, hands in all directions in order to keep balance and after such an interesting athletic dance of pure chaos and strange sounds, you fall in the most painful way, usually leaving part of your skin on the road....and its in the center of the town.
    back in highschool i was riding to class one day and ate shit hard, didnt think anything of it got up and kept going. i get to my first class and everyone just stops and stares at me, i guess i had cut up my face pretty bad and was bleeding alot. the fun part was this was a very small class 7-8 people most of whom were the nerdy type so they were amazed that i had not felt the large cut in the side of my head and didnt care once i had.

Quote Originally Posted by Minokozu View Post
    Unfortunatly for some bizzare reason I can`t jog putside, but on treadmill I can easily do 7k in about 40-45 mins outside barely 1k before I have to stop
    Same, I have a much easier time jogging on a tread mill. Although, I ultimately enjoy the fresh air and outdoors more.

I think my biggest problem with a treadmill is the fact that I have nothing to focus on. If I'm looking up at a TV or something, I may lose my balance. So more often than not I just end up looking at how much distance I've covered or the time I've been on there. It makes it feel like I've been there for freaking ever or that I've done so little. At least outside in the woods I can just focus on where I'm stepping and then stop whenever I get back to my car once trails get boring or something.

No. You fell off a treadmill? All i can say is hurr.

May being the key word. I've never fallen. I've tripped up and caught myself then had to stop watching the TV near the ceiling. I wouldn't be so quick to say things like that, though. You'd be shocked at the amount of people who trip on nearly anything -- even a sidewalk.