Thread: Wall

Wall

Is there a possibility for a "wall" on profiles? Like facebook walls I'd love the possibility to leave messages and feedback not only in PMs, especially if people helped me

Deleted
    There's been an idea for a Karma system thrown around a few times, which would likely also cover your suggestion.
    Last I checked, we were looking into possible methods of implementation.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Treeston View Post
    There's been an idea for a Karma system thrown around a few times, which would likely also cover your suggestion.
    Last I checked, we were looking into possible methods of implementation.
    Not sure which version of vBulletin this is, but vBulletin has this feature built in.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

15+ Year Old Account
    Moderation would be a pain. Suppose you say something that someone doesn't like and flames you on your "wall". Now you have to send PM's to admins to get it removed etc, etc.

15+ Year Old Account
    It has the feature built in, and it's been specifically disabled for reasons of spam and the additional moderation requirements. If you'd like to send someone a note, just drop them a PM.

In my opinion it should be self-moderateable (is that even a word?), like on FB. So you can delete posts you don't want on your own "wall".

And no I'm not talking about rep or karma system, which too easily gets out of hand.

But if someone's been nice to me, shouldn't everyone else get to know? x) But a rep system is like a ranking system, while just posting "thanks for the tips, really helped me to improve my dps" for example is something you don't have to see while simply browsing forums. Right now for example, I never really enter user profiles, because it's not much to see there.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    Moderation would be a pain. Suppose you say something that someone doesn't like and flames you on your "wall". Now you have to send PM's to admins to get it removed etc, etc.
    This is pretty much how posts work, 'sint? =)

Deleted
    We read forum topics. You can be sure that we wouldn't go around randomly reading peoples' walls.