Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Pick a Spec. Play that spec a lot, read about it, learn it, live it. And magically, through muscle memory and practice, you'll end up being good at it.

If you absolutely have 1 spec, you have 2 others at your disposal
    Member of the 4.3 Firelord club.
    The very mention of demon warlock as a tanking spec makes me vomit profusely, so please abstain from it.

WBC needs damagers, ELE/ARMS/FIRE needed most. Wendigobrewing.com to apply! 2/8 heroic 25m. 3 days, 4 hours a day.

Quote Originally Posted by mufuti View Post
    Dont be intimidated by some people saying "affliction is hard", for raiding purposes Affliction is by far the easiest and most foolproof spec, both to learn and to master. (IMO it is also the most fun though and it doesnt hurt it offers the best dps overall currently)
    I completely agree with this statement. Affliction is FAR easier for raiding. Haunt on cooldown, 3 DoTs (1 of which gets auto-refreshed) plus Shadowbolt filler. Pretty simple.

Destruction is quite a bit more complicated because you have 3 dots, 2 nukes to keep on cooldown, incinerate filler and you have to maintain Improved Soul Fire whether by procs or by hardcasts to do maximum dps.

Quote Originally Posted by zuke8675309 View Post
    I completely agree with this statement. Affliction is FAR easier for raiding. Haunt on cooldown, 3 DoTs (1 of which gets auto-refreshed) plus Shadowbolt filler. Pretty simple.

Destruction is quite a bit more complicated because you have 3 dots, 2 nukes to keep on cooldown, incinerate filler and you have to maintain Improved Soul Fire whether by procs or by hardcasts to do maximum dps.
    Yes if we talk about one target it is... but again, most of combats are multitarget or AoE heavy.
    Last edited by Morath; 2011-06-02 at 06:50 AM.
    Guild Website - server EU-Drak'thul (Horde)
    www.impiks.cz

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd definitely advise to play affliction as a beginner because its pretty hard to mess up the rotation as it is very straight forward and does not change much at all.

When you venture into the raid scene and you want to have more of a challenge when killing pve bosses you will want to try out destro and then demo...both specs become far more complicated and intense especially during hardmodes.

There is much more to maintain more buffs to watch timing trinkets cooldowns etc with destro and demo.

Made by dubbelbasse

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ChildeRoland View Post
    Demonology all the way. It's easy, and it's damn fun. And it's very good dps at lower gear levels
    /agree tbh

Not to change the topic but I believe he is also looking to pvp...what spec is good for pvp and how exactly do you pvp with a Lock in low bgs or even end game (not arena).
    Quote Originally Posted by Ershiin View Post
    Oh.. My.. God..
    This is petty beyond belief.

Why dont we start complaining about how M&Ms should be color coded while we're at it?
    Or how it should be called a Burger with Cheese because Cheeseburger is misleading?

This is pretty much an "imo" type of answer, as everyone has had different experiences, but I did quite well with Demonology.

imo the breakdown is basically;

Demo - Quick to learn, fairly quick to master
    Affliction - Quick to learn, hard to master
    Destro - A pain in the ass to learn, but the difference between playing it well, and playing it great are fairly comparable.

Edit: This is all in PvE, for PvP, the answer is more or less affliction or gtfo

Quote Originally Posted by Delia View Post
    imo the breakdown is basically;

Demo - Quick to learn, fairly quick to master
    Affliction - Quick to learn, hard to master
    Destro - A pain in the ass to learn, but the difference between playing it well, and playing it great are fairly comparable.

Edit: This is all in PvE, for PvP, the answer is more or less affliction or gtfo
    You really dont play Demo PvE aren't you?
    Guild Website - server EU-Drak'thul (Horde)
    www.impiks.cz

Deleted
    I lvl as Demon / aff
    Demon with hellfire and the Felguard's cleave/WW is awesome and u will rape the meters while lvling
    Once I ding 85 i will surely roll Aff cus imo its the ONLY real Warlock spec MOOOAR DOTS!