Page 1 of 10
... LastLast

Patch 4.2 Mounts Preview, Comics

Patch 4.2 Mounts Preview
    We now have a decent amount of information on Patch 4.2 and I can start building nice recap/previews, let's start with mounts!

PvP Mounts - Twilight Drake PvP Mounts
    Gladiators get a brand new mount next season! As far as datamining goes the color of the new Vicious Gladiator's Twilight Drake seems to be that one.

Vicious Gladiator's Twilight Drake

Unknown Recolor

Unknown Recolor

PvP Mounts - Epic Wolf and Horse PvP Mounts
    Two new awesome PvP mounts have been added, the Horde War Wolf and the Alliance War Steed are rewards of the Veteran of the Horde II and Veteran of the Alliance II achievements. There's also a couple of recolors but as far as I know only the first 2 pictures below are used.

PvE Mounts - Fire Hawks
    3 different Fire Hawks are currently in the game files but only 2 seem to be implemented/have a known drop location.

PvE Mount - Fire "Raven God" / Flametalon of Alysrazor
    The Fire "Raven God" model is the Flametalon mount from Flametalon of Alysrazor. The mount isn't listed as a loot from Alysrazor in the Encounter Journal for the moment but it's very likely that it will drop from this boss, let's just wait and see if there's an official confirmation in an upcoming PTR build.

PvE Mount - Flameward Hippogryph
    The Flameward Hippogryph is a reward of the The Molten Front Offensive, you can get this achievement by completing all the questlines of the new Firelands daily quests area.

Comics
    Dark Legacy Comics #290, with an extra comic from Nerfnow.com this week!

Last edited by Boubouille; 2011-05-31 at 03:51 PM.

Yay, rewarding Gladiators with new and exciting non rehashed mounts! Oh wait....

On the plus side, at least they aren't the ugly Wind Drakes :P

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I can't wait to get my firehawk

I'm loving that Flametalon mount.... would totally be my ground mount of choice.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    lkewsgnaerhe4rh I need to do more pvp.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

More reskinned mounts. More horses and drakes. How many horses and drakes have we had already? Come on give us something new already.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    These pvp mounts are a reason for me to start pvp'ing

Quote Originally Posted by Racetrack View Post
    More reskinned mounts. More horses and drakes. How many horses and drakes have we had already? Come on give us something new already.
    Who wouldve thought a fantasy MMO who's lore is full of dragons would feature a lot of dragons /rolleyes

10+ Year Old Account
    Corrupted Firehawk... *drool*

ground pvp mounts? who rides around now when they can fly. FFS!! are they serious?

if anything they are trying to lure more people into that failed concept of rated battlegrounds (actually its not a failed concept its failure was in its execution)
    Last edited by MrSerious; 2011-05-31 at 07:28 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrSerious View Post
    ground pvp mounts? who rides around now when they can fly. FFS!! are they serious?
    /facedesk.....

BGs...derp.... Arenas ....

Quote Originally Posted by MrSerious View Post
    As far as I'm aware you can only use ground mounts in BG's Arenas? so yeah why wouldn't you get a mount you can use in those places as a reward from doing those places ..

Anyone else wish the Fire Raven God video was done to the sound of the Chocobo theme music? >_>;

more re skins
    wtf blizz

I am happy that the firehawks are not going to be easy to obtain, I was worried they would ruin another good model mount by making it extremely common.

10+ Year Old Account
    hey artists just add some armour to the twilight drake im sure no one will notice

10+ Year Old Account
    in Limbo... damn the Wi-fi is expensive here...
    ground pvp mounts are for rated battleground victories... chances are if you have enough victories for the mount you'll be using it alot in the bgs..

Not gonna see the hippogriffs for a while.. Its a tonne of tokens to unlock each part, so this mount will be epic for a while yet

i just havnt been impressed with the mounts lately. as a mount collector, im quite disappointed and im tired of the whole PUT MORE AMOUR ON IT SO IT LOOKS BETTER. oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by VitesseEOD View Post
    Who wouldve thought a fantasy MMO who's lore is full of dragons would feature a lot of dragons /rolleyes
    How about new models instead of 30 reskins of the same mount over the last 5 years.