Page 1 of 17
... LastLast

Iran and Nuclear Weapons - Your Opinion

So what's your opinion? Do you think that Iran is building nuclear weapons, or no?

Here's my opinion:
    Our satellites, radar, and top secret information tell us that Iran is indeed building nuclear weapons of some sort. The intentions, we can speculate, are not for defense, but rather aimed at Israel/U.S. I don't want to say here that that is definitely their goal, becuase then I'd be bombarded in a matter of a few seconds, but that is very likely, considering that the leader is a radical Islamist who would like to see the annihilation of the U.S. and Israel.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yes they are,every country with power wants it. And they do not wan other counties to have it.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    Yes they are,every country with power wants it. And they do not wan other counties to have it.
    Thank you for your response. I figure the majority of ppl here will say the same thing, however i have stumbled across a few hu firmly believe that they are not.

I think the people of Iran need to start a revolution, so we have an excuse to blow their leaders off the face of this planet. The world would be a better place without Ahmadinijihad....

Another bold faced lie to enter another Middle Eastern nation for whatever reason. But they've got Pakistan now so to hell with Iran.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Quote Originally Posted by Andrewbusha View Post
    So what's your opinion? Do you think that Iran is building nuclear weapons, or no?

Here's my opinion:
    Our satellites, radar, and top secret information tell us that Iran is indeed building nuclear weapons of some sort. The intentions, we can speculate, are not for defense, but rather aimed at Israel/U.S. I don't want to say here that that is definitely their goal, becuase then I'd be bombarded in a matter of a few seconds, but that is very likely, considering that the leader is a radical Islamist who would like to see the annihilation of the U.S. and Israel.
    Nothing good comes from a nuclear Iran imo. What would be the consequences if we/Israel use military force to prevent Iran from developing nuclear technology is more the question to me. It would be highly hypocritical of any nation with nuclear power to try and prevent another from leveling the playing field however Iran's current government is more a dictatorship steering its country in a direction it does not wish to travel.

I say strike them and deal with the consequences, Iran is a joke. Iraq > Iran and look how long that took, 1 day? lol

Quote Originally Posted by stevepelle91 View Post
    I think the people of Iran need to start a revolution, so we have an excuse to blow their leaders off the face of this planet. The world would be a better place without Ahmadinijihad....
    and probably without people like you and the majority of the people who "run" america.

that being said, they're trying to get nukes, i'd love for them to not get them, but it doesn't matter a whole lot. It would take another couple decades before they were capable of getting nukes to the further places of the planet accurately unless they steal tech. So even if they do get nukes they'll only be able to nuke close countries which would result in a majority of the other countries replying with armies to destroy the government. Not really an isse.

---------- Post added 2011-05-31 at 02:23 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by whyusocrazy View Post
    Nothing good comes from a nuclear Iran imo. What would be the consequences if we/Israel use military force to prevent Iran from developing nuclear technology is more the question to me. It would be highly hypocritical of any nation with nuclear power to try and prevent another from leveling the playing field however Iran's current government is more a dictatorship steering its country in a direction it does not wish to travel.

I say strike them and deal with the consequences, Iran is a joke. Iraq > Iran and look how long that took, 1 day? lol
    Glad to know your not in power.

I don't see Israel letting that happen.

I believe that the US would be safe. Israel, however, is the country they want annihilated.

All in all, they are looking for a very destructive weapon. Even Russia and China cannot seem to back them up now. They should not be allowed to have it, their 'president' is one of the worst possible leaders, and Iran is a horrible country as far as Human Rights are concerned.

Other nations want to have nuclear weapons. Those countries that do have them should not let them. Nuclear weapons as it is are not meant for war, they just make people take your more seriously. In the wrong(er) hands, that might not be only talk.

Quote Originally Posted by stevepelle91 View Post
    Unless the leader that emerges is just as bad.

It's a shame that a maniac like Ahmidinejad is in control over there, HE shouldn't have nuclear arms at his disposal, as for anyone prohibiting others to develop nuclear arms, wasn't that already agree'd upon by the U.N. in the non-proliferation treaty? (Although it's not like anyone really enforces it, Pakistan and North-Korea being nuclear armed is already cause for concern) The U.S. shouldn't have to get involved, they don't need to give radical terrorists an excuse to demonize them further.

Quote Originally Posted by Niter View Post
    I believe that the US would be safe. Israel, however, is the country they want annihilated.

All in all, they are looking for a very destructive weapon. Even Russia and China cannot seem to back them up now. They should not be allowed to have it, their 'president' is one of the worst possible leaders, and Iran is a horrible country as far as Human Rights are concerned.

Other nations want to have nuclear weapons. Those countries that do have them should not let them. Nuclear weapons as it is are not meant for war, they just make people take your more seriously. In the wrong(er) hands, that might not be only talk.
    After Israel, they will almost definitely move on to the U.S., as they have shown their hatred towards America.

After Israel, they will almost definitely move on to the U.S., as they have shown their hatred towards America.
    lol at you thinking they have a missile system sophisticated enough to even get it to the U.S. and furthermore that they would ever be alive if the U.S. were aware of an impending nuclear attack.. lol. Iranian missiles would be exceptionally lucky to be able to even hit the U.S. whereas the U.S. amazingly enough has the missile tech to send a missile through a door 1500 miles away and hit their leader in the nose.

Here's my opinion:
    Americans having top secret info about Nukes, IT MUST BE LEGIT! *cough* iraq *cough*

LOOK OUT IT'S AN RPG!

*cough* look over here*
    You guys...hahah, come on, weapons of mass destruction in Iraq....remember that? You lost your ability to look credible with that one guys.
    Your commander in chief fully admit he lied about it after.
    Back under your rock and learn to abide by the U.N. council unless you have absolute proof your president isn't lying...this time.
    /sigh...yah, okay, the U.N. is such a joke now anyways...
    Last edited by wylatron; 2011-05-31 at 02:34 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    *sigh* even assuming they are as soon as they do I guarantee you US or Israel will think twice before attacking iran, why? because if that facility explodes everyone in the middle-east will be affected.
    as soon as Iran gets it they will become Pakistan 2.0, and personnel i am more concerned with Pakistan then Iran, at least Iranian citizens dont blow themselves up or attack their own naval bases or burn entire villages down for blasphemy. anyway i feel sorry for Pakistan they are going through a tough time but them having nukes in this situation does not bode well.
    Iran hasn't invaded another country for 300 hundreds while Israel has successfully "protected" itself more than 7 times in the past few decades.

anyways in your own private messaging this is what you said.
    Hey, wanna hear something cool? Due to me and a few other people, America sends $3 billion in aid to Israel!
    thats great knowing your lobbies do your dirty work for you. so much for peace that you preach....hypocrite -.-

The US would be safe, my friend. It is really far from where they are. Israel is a much easier target since it is a lot closer, and getting the proper missiles to launch a nuclear weapon like that would be much harder to intercept. Also, other countries near Israel could easily provide the much needed support to such 'endeavour'.

As for the US, you just do not take a nuclear weapon half-way across the world and expect it to be successful. The US is the strongest country in that regard, and Iran would be really stupid to threaten the US. Iran would just be crushed, with or without nuclear weapons. The US can probably take on several countries there at once with ease.

Iran is not a threat to the US in the slightest. Israel is a different matter though

Quote Originally Posted by krethos View Post
    Americans having top secret info about Nukes, IT MUST BE LEGIT! *cough* iraq *cough*
    Different situations really (well kinda) Saddam was a former nemesis to the president's father, Ahmadinejad is a radical in control over a rogue state (who do not support him, see fake election results to stay in power, the deaths during the protests a couple of months back when Iranians attempted to emulate Tunisia and Egypt etc... etc...) and quite a real danger to the world at large. He could pass as a bond villain he's that insane and bent on chaos.

Honestly, it's not going to make a huge difference to anybody except the hardliners in Israel who can use it as a new bogeyman to get themselves elected. Nobody is planning on invading Iran, and that's all its really a defense against, because if they actually used them, the rest of the world would turn them to glass. If they trade them to terrorists, they make an enemy of the rest of the world, and even the US hasn't developed them to a point where you can easily move them without being detected. Iran may have conservative hardliners in control, but they're not crazy.

Iran may find out quickly if they are developing them that they're a much bigger burden than they're worth. It's purely for bargaining purposes and a bit of self defense purposes, but the political cost of actually using them limits them to a very very very last resort in the face of total annihilation.

Also, Iran is not a "rogue state".
    Last edited by Rukh; 2011-05-31 at 02:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    Iran hasn't invaded another country for 300 hundreds while Israel has successfully "protected" itself more than 7 times in the past few decades.
    The nuclear technology and machinery they pass on to North-Korea however is quite dangerous, that and the fact they pretty much openly want chaos in the middle east.
    Last edited by Shadowmelded; 2011-05-31 at 02:44 AM.