Should I wait for 4.2 to spend justice points?

Im 84, will be 85 by the end of the week at the latest. I have leveled almost entirely in instances doing only dungeon quests, quests needed to get portals and such, herbing and exploring. I don't really want to quest, though I will start going back to get cash and rep as I need it. I plan to gear as fast as I can to run heroics and ZA/ZG. Maybe some PuG raids, or maybe our guild will finally get enough people to run a raid.

For gearing, I'm not sure if I should spend my points now or wait. I have ~2600JP I think, which could replace my chest, but I'm not sure what the best way to spend the points is. I could get to cap and spend as few as possible, buying the cheapest things 1st, but I suspect that those are ones easily matched with dungeon drops. Is their something that's super hard to get I could get with JP? Chest, Head? Is it worth waiting an unknown amount of time for 4.2? Can I get 4k JP in a couple of weeks?

What would your first purchase be if this was your toon? http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ajanu/advanced I know I have some hit I need to reforge out, and I have no enchants, but I wanted to wait till 85 before spending money on gear.

I'm wishing I had more throughput, and my mana is only just enough to finish most fights.

My opinion is that it is not worth it to wait, use your justice to get at least 346 in all slots so you could raid. Once you are into heroics and then ZA / ZG you will have plenty of justice points to spare in a couple of weeks

If you have the money then make the crafted 359 Chest, also you should look which factions have 359 cloth gear and go for that rep first

I'd say wait until you get capped at 4000JP before spending any. That way when 4.2 drops you'll be able to buy a few pieces of T11 gear out the gate (or a ring/cloak/etc).

Really though, this comes down to two questions: 1) how many dungeons can you complete in a week? And 2) the big unknown (at this point, at least): When is 4.2 being released? I think it will be on the 21st or 28th, but others think it will be on the 7th or 14th because of how little testing is left.

If you can't get a lot of dungeons done because of time constraints, then you won't be able to get a high enough ilvl (without buying BoEs) to get in to ZA/ZG before 4.2 anyway, so there isn't a rush, in your case, to gear yourself out quickly.

If we find out tomorrow that it is being released on the 7th or the 14, then I would, again, not worry about getting yourself up to a 346 average since the JPs for gear you'll be able to get from normal dungeons will be higher ilvl than ZA/ZG anyway (359 vs 353). Additionally, you'll have access to the new Molten Front dailies and rewards there. If, on the other hand, 4.2 comes out on the 21st or 28th, then you'll probably want to get in to ZG/ZA ASAP to get as much gear as possible so you don't have to play catch-up as much when 4.2 does come out.
    @TwintopTahoe Twintop @ Illidan-US HowToPriest
    Simulate Your Character on Beotorch! https://www.beotorch.com/

There is no reason to wait. All current justice points will be wiped when 4.2 comes out. Just spend it .

Quote Originally Posted by Atris View Post
    There is no reason to wait. All current justice points will be wiped when 4.2 comes out. Just spend it .
    Would you kindly provide a source of that information, good sir?

General

All existing Valor Points in the Currency tab have been converted to Justice Points.
    Source: http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...TR-Build-14107

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darleth View Post
    Valor != Justice. Please please read the topic.

Your valor points will be converted into JP (i'm not sure if the hardcap will be enforced for this).

In other words: JP saving useful? yes. VP saving useful? No.

In my opinion, just spend JP when you're getting close to the cap. That way you'll have the maximum amount of JP when the new patch hits, but in the meanwhile you can get a few upgrades as well (depending on how many dungeons you run).

Thanks for the tips. I never thought about buying rep rewards to save points. I think I will just start buying things when I hit the cap. They seem fairly easy to get, though I only do 7-10 runs a week.

I would save the jp as you can get epics with them when 4.2 hits and can only get rares atm so i would save them not the vp though spend thouse on boots :P

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Wounds View Post
    I would save the jp as you can get epics with them when 4.2 hits and can only get rares atm so i would save them not the vp though spend thouse on boots :P
    If I was only doing 1 or two runs a day I'd buy pieces to avoid caping out and sit on the rest. if your really ambitious and very careful you could play some games to overcap your JP by "renting" items over and over. Basicly buy an item and return it to get the refund before the 2 hours are up. as long as you religiously cycle the items back through the vendor every 2 hours you could probably bank a couple thousand points over the cap but if you mess up it would be a total waste.

When 4.2 hits the jp cap will be removed for like 2 weeks so people can spend the excess from the conversion.

Quote Originally Posted by Atris View Post
    How about you stop spreading false information. The only points that will be "wiped" aka downgraded to lower tier points are conquest to honor and valor to justice points.

Don't save up now, 4.2 won't be here until late July at the earliest.
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

Quote Originally Posted by Merendel View Post
    If I was only doing 1 or two runs a day I'd buy pieces to avoid caping out and sit on the rest. if your really ambitious and very careful you could play some games to overcap your JP by "renting" items over and over. Basicly buy an item and return it to get the refund before the 2 hours are up. as long as you religiously cycle the items back through the vendor every 2 hours you could probably bank a couple thousand points over the cap but if you mess up it would be a total waste.
    I'd just thought I'd mention that this "renting" thing no longer works. Tested it yesterday with an heirloom mid heroic, came back finished the heroic. had ~~2200, was going to retrun a piece valued at 2175 and it told me I couldn't return it because I exceeded maximum JP.

My understanding is that your existing valor gets converted to justice, while your existing justice gets wiped.

I'll try to find a source.