Deleted

Drain Soul phase + haste cap

Hey guys,

I know there's a thread about this somewhere, but I can't seem to find it.

- Whence <25% and you use Drain Soul, I assume you want to "clip" your Drain Soul when applying DoTs. However, what do you want to reapply? And does anyone have an addon for showing ticks on channeled spells? Quartz doesn't seem to work very well for me, as the ticks on the cast bar seem off as to when I see the actual tick go off on the boss.

- Second question: When I was Destruction specced pre 4.1, I gemmed a few haste gems to get to the 30% haste cap raid buffed as the cap affected both Immolate and Conflag. However, as an Affliction Warlock, the 30% cap only affects UA (when I say affect, I mean "gain an extra tick) - would it be a DPS loss or gain to gem straight into Intellect again?

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...eophute/simple - this is her.

Many thanks

Neophute

Drainsouler is a good addon for the drain soul, it has a little bar for each tick and a sound effect. Keep all your dots up, drain soul is just the filler once you've got your dots on there.

I don't know about the haste things, it looks like a sizable amount of Int you dropped for the haste plateau, you could sim it I suppose

Like, Brokrone said, you should really sim it.

For the most part, it'll depend on really how out of the way you went to reach the cap, and what you sacrificed. In Demo, I tried to go for the 30% cap for the Immolate tick, but that required a Haste trink to avoid gemming for it, Gale of Shadows (I'm not 372 geared). In Demo, I net lost ~300 dps by replacing my DMC: Volcano with GoS for the extra tick. On the flipside, I did the exact same thing with Aff and gained ~200 dps. Scaling aside, I traded a lot of Mastery and Intellect for Haste and some spellpower, and ended up with increased Aff dps.

However, if you have GoS and you're still dropping straight haste gems in sockets, you'll find a more marginal increase in dps - if at all.

Also, if you're progressing on fights that lend themselves to dual-targeting, consider that UA's new tick will have double the effect in p1 and p2 for Nef, TAC, and other fights.

TL,DR - SIM IT

Gnosis (Castbars and Timers) is an add on that shows channel ticks. It works for drain life and drain soul. WHen you get an eridacation proc I suggest clipping drain soul after the next tick refresh dots haunt if needed and start channeling again while you still have the haste buff(same with blood lust)

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksuit View Post
    Gnosis (Castbars and Timers) is an add on that shows channel ticks. It works for drain life and drain soul. WHen you get an eridacation proc I suggest clipping drain soul after the next tick refresh dots haunt if needed and start channeling again while you still have the haste buff(same with blood lust)
    Yep, I use gnosis for that too, one normal bar (quartz) and one bigger special for channels like Drain Soul and Rain of Fire.
    Guild Website - server EU-Drak'thul (Horde)
    www.impiks.cz