Thread: Demo opener

10+ Year Old Account

Demo opener

I've been playing aff and destro for five years, but I've honestly never really gotten acquainted with demo and now it seems like I need to for HMal. Getting comfortable with the priorities, but there's a lot of craziness on EJ and Simulationcraft's list, so I figured I'd just ask experienced demos what order you guys open with. I'm assuming I'd want to save Meta and/or DS for dark or green phase? Do you guys switch pets in HMal?
    To quote the great sage Ook Ook, "you can take the derk out of the jib, but you shouldn't put the jib in the derk."

10+ Year Old Account
    save shards for before phase meta ds at the start with felguard out you can try switching to felhunter when your single targeting mal but it shouldn't matter and your going to want felguard for the aoe later anyways. just spam your normal rotation and you should have meta back up before you need again if you use right at the very start. (also allows u to use another 1 of those sp potions during your 2nd meta if you use before entering combat)

Last phase, when he stops throwing potions, make sure you have shards available. 1. to swap to a felhound, and 2. to instant re-summon in case he dies due to the massive fire trails that will usually be where you pet automatically runs to.

Pre-Pot, don't blow any other CD's on the pull. Usual rotation on the boss until black potion goes in. Hit meta-DS,HoG on the first add, felstorm once all are out, be tab-immolating them while this is going on. Once all are lit, demon leap in, shadowflame, and hellfire. From there on, felstorm on CD, shadowflame on CD, and continue hellfiring until the vile swills are dead.

During Red/Green, make sure that if you use felstorm, theres atleast 45-50 seconds until black or green phase.
    If your guild is having issues getting every abberation down, use Meta-felstorm for them, and then just use remaining CD's on the second black. Basically, Infernal/FS/Meta are going to be good for either the abberation burn phase, or for the longer second vile swill burn, so whichever one you find your guild needing more damage on, use CD's accordingly.

Affliction is also a respectable spec for this fight, if you're just terrible at demonology.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by shapow View Post

Pre-Pot, don't blow any other CD's on the pull. Usual rotation on the boss until black potion goes in. Hit meta-DS,HoG on the first add, felstorm once all are out, be tab-immolating them while this is going on. Once all are lit, demon leap in, shadowflame, and hellfire. From there on, felstorm on CD, shadowflame on CD, and continue hellfiring until the vile swills are dead.
    Right here you loose alot of dps. Better go immo->immo->immo->immo till they're all up, then meta+aura+demosoul+..

Unless you got the mastery trinket from Theralion proccing, then you'd want to be poppin' it ofc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shapow View Post
    Last phase, when he stops throwing potions, make sure you have shards available. 1. to swap to a felhound, and 2. to instant re-summon in case he dies due to the massive fire trails that will usually be where you pet automatically runs to.

During Red/Green, make sure that if you use felstorm, theres atleast 45-50 seconds until black or green phase.
    If your guild is having issues getting every abberation down, use Meta-felstorm for them, and then just use remaining CD's on the second black. Basically, Infernal/FS/Meta are going to be good for either the abberation burn phase, or for the longer second vile swill burn, so whichever one you find your guild needing more damage on, use CD's accordingly.

Affliction is also a respectable spec for this fight, if you're just terrible at demonology.
    It's not worth casting HoG on swills that are being picked up and are getting moved into kite position so Immolate them all like prozac said.
    Also its kind of worthless having felgaurd on abberitions in red/blue because they take so much more reduced damage its more beneficial having a felhunter out on the boss and swaping to a felgaurd as your about to enter green phase.

Also most soulburns seem to be best used on swills or aberritions about to die for some quick decimation time or on drain life when your felhunter demon soul is up try to time that for when your shadowbite is about to hit since drain life counts as a dot.

and lastly disregard what Lighgil says you don't meta at the start of the fight he is retarded he seems to never have a clue what he's talking about.

Made by dubbelbasse

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kushlol View Post
    It's not worth casting HoG on swills that are being picked up and are getting moved into kite position so Immolate them all like prozac said.
    Also its kind of worthless having felgaurd on abberitions in red/blue because they take so much more reduced damage its more beneficial having a felhunter out on the boss and swaping to a felgaurd as your about to enter green phase.

Also most soulburns seem to be best used on swills or aberritions about to die for some quick decimation time or on drain life when your felhunter demon soul is up try to time that for when your shadowbite is about to hit since drain life counts as a dot.

and lastly disregard what Lighgil says you don't meta at the start of the fight he is retarded he seems to never have a clue what he's talking about.
    Imo, I'd stick with Felguard up to 2nd greenphase, on the adds regardless of their buff. Extra felstorms on it helps dpsing them down before the green phase starts, usually guilds have too much DPS before Mal hits 25% anyway. Also, I'd save atleast 2 soulburns for sub 25%.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Prozac View Post
    Imo, I'd stick with Felguard up to 2nd greenphase, on the adds regardless of their buff. Extra felstorms on it helps dpsing them down before the green phase starts, usually guilds have too much DPS before Mal hits 25% anyway. Also, I'd save atleast 2 soulburns for sub 25%.
    Guess it comes down to if you have one green phase or two then...my guild only has a single green phase so thats probably why sticking with felgaurd is a bad choice for me.
    even with 2 though the abberitions take so much reduced damage I don't see it still being worth it to try and cleave them down over having your OP single target shadowbites.

Made by dubbelbasse

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kushlol View Post
    Guess it comes down to if you have one green phase or two then...my guild only has a single green phase so thats probably why sticking with felgaurd is a bad choice for me.
    even with 2 though the abberitions take so much reduced damage I don't see it still being worth it to try and cleave them down over having your OP single target shadowbites.
    One green phase isn't quite average

Deleted
    I go:

Soul Burn > Soul Harvest > Pre-pot [pull] CoD > Corruption > Shadowflame > Free Soulfire > [stopped running] > HoG > [Fel Storm] > Immolate > SB/Inc depending on proc > Shadowflame on CD > [Adds start coming] > BoA on one, Immolate on others, not all, cba > Meta/Immo/Demon Soul/Blood Fury > Shadowflame > Hell Fire > Fel Storm > Infernal on adds > Hell Fire/Shadowflame/Fel Storm on CD and HoG if you can be bothered before Fel Storm > SB : Felhunter > CoD/Immo/HoG/etctect > 8 or so seconds before Green Phase SB: Felguard > Portal to where your adds are, HoG > Fel Storm > Shadowflame > Hell Fire. > Back to Boss > same old > Fel Storm will be off CD for the Black phase.. same as before. Save Meta for the Blacks imo.
    Execute: SB: Felhunter > Etcetc > All dots up, spam Soul Fire.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Black adds last long enough that you should actually benefit from racking all three DoTs on them before hitting Hellfire.

Deleted
    I've tried that on numerous occasions, but end up doing more dps by just hellfiring and shadowflame. dunno why.

Deleted
    Soul Casket is perfect for perfect timing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Paraclef View Post
    Soul Casket is perfect for perfect timing.
    So is Theralions Mirror. It proccs in start of fight, you can almost controll it's uptime, and it's CD goes on par with Meta.