Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by AtomicKiller View Post
    yeah, but still it's better for all heal classes than disc priest...you still need to "crit" to proc DA...and shield can't crit...i'm not saying shield is your biggest portion of healing, but it's still one of highest...and like someone say in PVP this will hurt
    for holy priest it's really good boost because of mastery...echo of lights from 200% crit are really nice
    I think the best way to describe the change is a buff that doesn't benefit disc as much as it would direct healers. It's not a nerf (it doesn't reduce their effectiveness at all), but it's just not as exciting for disc as holy or other healing specs.

We'll see if they do a separate buff for disc to compensate it later, but that's kinda iffy since they're trying to avoid bubble spamming again. They might do something, just don't get discouraged.

as a disc priest i really like where disc priests are now, not asking for any changes, only scared they could break something

The Shadow changes are ok to me imo, I think its just Blizz trying to take SPriests away from spamming dots everywhere to actually focusing DPS on a target.

10+ Year Old Account
    As a Holy Priest: Yes. The spec as a whole works and there is no major over- or underpoweredness about it. The only issue people seem to have is State of Mind, which is indeed useless and goes against their philosophy of not having "trap"-talents.
    But you know what? If they change SoM to something useful, I might have to rethink my spec. I might have to drop Surge of Light to get this new useful thing. I'm not sure if I want SoM useful .
    Resurrected Holy Priest

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by [-Spiritus-] View Post
    From a Disc priest perspective, I'm a bit perplexed, but not from a QQ standpoint.

My general beef w/ Disc in Cata has been the lack of solid direction. At the end of Wrath, it was simple. Every healing spec has a "spam" spell and a "cd" spell. For disc it was PW:S & Penance. For holy it was Renew & CoH. Like it or not, that was the game.

In Cata, Disc has gone through the wringer, mostly due to its mastery. The devs stated that bubblespam was not the direction to go, so initially they severly limited the power of PW:S, but then gave it super-spell status, then increased the cost so it was not viable for most, and in 4.2 limited external regen to further suppress its use.

In the pre-alpha phase, there was talk of the low-HPS, high HPM shield that didn't even make it into F&F testing. IMO, that was a mistake. Now, they are trying to work the DPS->Heal angle, but it isn't functional enough to be viable in the current design.

Now, that isn't to say Disc isn't viable. It 100% is. They haven't failed at that. The issue comes in creating a niche for the Disc priest that feels robust & identifiable for the majority of players. Is disc the DPS to HPS spec [a la Rift] or is it the shield spec? For the spec to feel "good" for the majority, this needs to be satiated.

The exception to this is the disc tank healer, which, IMO, they have gotten right in their design.
    I completely agree with you. Disc is viable as a tank healer but I would like a bit more synergy with the spells. I feel like the whole spec contradicts itself sometimes and needs more direction. My main problem is that i could probably easily be replaced by a good holy priest and they would most likely be more effective.

15+ Year Old Account
    Oh, this thread again, awesome. I shall give the same response I did for the 4.1 version.

Holy PvE, fuck yeah awesome. Disc PvE, rarely play it and when I do, it's due to me being Disc PvP/Shadow PvP and not wanting to respec for raids.

Holy PvP, meh..needs fixing, but not relevant to me. Sorry for the bias.

Disc PvP, I feel there are still weaknesses here. People may complain about Holy Paladins being the weakest, but Discipline is worse off against Dispel comps (ie, the majority of comps) than Holy Paladins are. Healadins will be getting instant casts Flash of Lights again which puts them in a very good positions whereas Discipline receives no sort of change or dispel protection. Disc is especially weak against melee cleaves (TSG + Resto Shaman is a nightmare) and seems to only shine in it's classic RMP setting which is what accounts for most "priests are fine, l2p" responses since Priests have R1 comps whilst others do not. (I also play Resto Druid and Healadin in PvP!)
    Last edited by Ultima; 2011-06-03 at 10:44 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultima View Post
    Holy PvP, meh..needs fixing, but not relevant to me. Sorry for the bias.
    I actually have given up on the idea that Holy will ever be a viable PvP spec, on par with Discipline.
    Resurrected Holy Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Ynna View Post
    I actually have given up on the idea that Holy will ever be a viable PvP spec, on par with Discipline.
    It had its chance when chastise was still a stun, but now its just a no. Needs some type of defensive cd and Body and soul to stack with 4pc mooncloth.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by Ynna View Post
    I find it quite viable in BGs. It just requires different tactics. The utility of B&S shines in CTF. A well placed LW is fantastic. Chastise gives you a self peel or way to stop an EFC from advancing (or mage from speed blinking, or rocket boots, or any other speed boost) [though I admit it was more useful as a stun]. You have more instant cast, non-interuptable options. GS, IMO, is far better for 10 v. 10 situations, and can be glyphed down to 2.5min. BR is hax when you have another healer near you. Also, I've actually seen improved death [SoR] be useful in a BG.

For arenas, however, I 100% agree that Holy is still not viable.

Idea for Shadow Priests and PW:S

What about a talent that changes how Power Word Shield works?

It would be deep in the talent tree so disc or holy could not reach it.

It would have the same effect as the 4P Mooncloth set (Freedom from movement impairing effects)

It would absorb as much damage as if you took the 2 point Improved Power Word Shield

Each time you took damage while you had the shield up, it would restore a percentage of your base mana.

It would look slightly cooler?

Thoughts, ideas?

80 Kingslayer Shadow Priest - Spirestone
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...e&n=Direshadow

Quote Originally Posted by Direshadow View Post
    What about a talent that changes how Power Word Shield works?

It would be deep in the talent tree so disc or holy could not reach it.

It would have the same effect as the 4P Mooncloth set (Freedom from movement impairing effects)

It would absorb as much damage as if you took the 2 point Improved Power Word Shield

Each time you took damage while you had the shield up, it would restore a percentage of your base mana.

It would look slightly cooler?

Thoughts, ideas?
    I think that would be a little OP. It defeats the purpose of the nerf to rapture (they want disc worrying more about mana) because then you just rotate who the shield is on at any given time. The effect sound similar to the Corrupted Eggshell (puts a bubble on someone for so long, and you get so much mana back while it's up), but without a CD, and you can refresh it on different people.

As for removing it from reach of other trees, it'd be like removing Flash Heal from disc and shadow, or Psychic Scream from disc and holy. The spells can be easily classified as "belonging" to the one tree, but you can also see how all three should be able to use them as basic spells, especially for levelling.

A note on the movement impairing effects: that'd be a little crazy for PVP disc. With a shorter weakened soul, you'd have an instant cast spell that dispels a snare, heals, AND shields? Just a bit much.

It would be fun to be that OP with shield, but I just don't see Blizz doing it.

Ehh, kinda annoyed, Holy still needs a good healing CD imo. Disc has what, three CDs (archangel, PI and barrier) while Holy has none that are Holy-specific besides Lightwell, and GL getting people to click that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zuziza View Post
    Stuff.
    I think he was talking about Shadow PvP. Just so you are communicating on the same level.

Quote Originally Posted by Vook View Post
    Ehh, kinda annoyed, Holy still needs a good healing CD imo. Disc has what, three CDs (archangel, PI and barrier) while Holy has none that are Holy-specific besides Lightwell, and GL getting people to click that.
    It would be cool to get another cooldown next to Guardian Spirit. But, first of all, I don't have enough hotkey-real-estate, and Holy doesn't really have place for one. We already have all the tools we need for pretty much everything.
    Resurrected Holy Priest