Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Exclamation [Priest] Petition: Expand the Stickies

By signing this petition I agree that:

(1) I understand that moderators are just doing their job. They are not complicit, nor should be harassed.

(2) The concept of creating minimalistic uniformity among the class forums only works when there is actually minimalistic uniformity.

(3) Several class forums have not complied with consolidating their stickies to create minimalistic uniformity. [Warlock, Druid, Paladin, Shaman].

(4) The Priest Forum had better thread topics and discussions when guides were independently stickied instead of nestled within a sticky.

(5) I desire the quality of topics and discussion in the Priest Forum to increase.

Therefore, I agree that:

(1) Until all class forums comply with a minimalist & uniform sticky organization, the Priest Forum should sticky individual threads the community finds most helpful.

(2) Until minimalistic uniformity amongst the class forums occur or stickies on the Priest Forum revert to their pre-consolidated state, I will make one new thread each day that asks a very basic priest question. Examples include: "What does Flash Heal do?" & "Why do I take damage every time I use SW: D, but I don't when I kill something with it?"

Quote Originally Posted by [-Spiritus-] View Post

Therefore, I agree that:

(2) Until minimalistic uniformity amongst the class forums occur or stickies on the Priest Forums revert to their pre-consolidated state, I will make one new thread each day that asks a very basic priest question. Examples include: "What does Flash Heal do?" & "Why do I take damage every time I use SW: D, but I don't when I kill something with it?"
    Thats the only point I wont be signing any time soon because I have no interests in being banned from the forums due to spam

But for the remains: SIGN

Cogito ergo sum.

(2) Until minimalistic uniformity amongst the class forums occur or stickies on the Priest Forums revert to their pre-consolidated state, I will make one new thread each day that asks a very basic priest question. Examples include: "What does Flash Heal do?" & "Why do I take damage every time I use SW: D, but I don't when I kill something with it?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Kayona View Post
    Thats the only point I wont be signing any time soon because I have no interests in being banned from the forums due to spam

This. Also, <Insert comment demanding that Blizzard make a certain talented holy spell act more like its 3.2 5man dungeon or 4p T12 counterparts.>

/ducks
    //Signed
    ///Runs away from ban hammer.
    @TwintopTahoe Twintop @ Illidan-US HowToPriest
    Simulate Your Character on Beotorch! https://www.beotorch.com/

Therefore, I agree that:

Quote Originally Posted by Kayona View Post

This.

I miss the threads like 4.1 discussion being up there and what not.. Now they don't really have activity because, really, who wants to dig for it?
    Pixl Returned! Holy Priest

Nope.avi. I won't sign it if this is on it. I'm not going to get banned yet again over something silly like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

I don't understand the point of this....

15+ Year Old Account
    I just think the forums suck in general and thats a lot of the problem

search is just like every other forum and is a great example of the needle in a haystack method to finding what you want

something like a voting system would make finding good threads easier

the only stickies I like are ones by the original poster as I think it encourages them to update them more and seems less big brother driven

(1) I understand that moderators are just doing their job. They are not complicit, nor should be harassed.
    <3

(2) The concept of creating minimalistic uniformity among the class forums only works when there is actually minimalistic uniformity.
    Agree for the most part.

(3) Several class forums have not complied with consolidating their stickies to create minimalistic uniformity. [Warlock, Druid, Paladin, Shaman].
    Just because you mentioned my specific forum: We asked Boubouille if he wanted us to change it to only 1 sticky. He said we were fine (this was before the stateofdps sticky was added, though).

(4) The priest forums had better thread topics and discussions when guides were independently stickied instead of nestled within a sticky.
    Won't directly say yes or no here -- I'm not here often enough to comment on this particular point.

(5) I desire the quality of topics and discussion in the Priest Forums to increase.
    Very good.

(1) Until all class forums comply with a minimalist & uniform sticky organization, the Priest Forums should sticky individual threads the community finds most helpful.
    I won't say yes or no to this. It would probably be a 'Priest Mod ask the higher ups'

This is actually probably a pretty bad thing to do. I don't Mod this forum by any means, but I could easily smell infractions coming from long time posters asking why they take damage from SW: D or whatnot.

10+ Year Old Account
    I must agree that the guide/stateof threads saw much more attention when they were stickied.
    {[( )]}

Stood in the Fire PromiscuousPenguin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

(4) The priest forums had better thread topics and discussions when guides were independently stickied instead of nestled within a sticky.

(5) I desire the quality of topics and discussion in the Priest Forums to increase.

Therefore, I agree that:

(1) Until all class forums comply with a minimalist & uniform sticky organization, the Priest Forums should sticky individual threads the community finds most helpful
    Edited but sign. I would agree that the priest forums felt a lot more active before the stickies were consolidated into one. Most of all the state of holy and disc threads which were my main appeal to this site.

/sign to all but the last note

The forums were a lot friendlier and (ironically) less cluttered when there were more stickies

15+ Year Old Account
    I will also sign this, without the last point. No reason to get silly with spam.

Now, I MAY be more tempted to post slightly more in-depth topics that MAY be covered in one of the guides but are relatively difficult to find through search, but that's neither here nor there.

Aren't petitions against the forum rules? Or is that the official Blizzard forums? Can't remember

Anyways, I most definitely agree. Stickies are good mkay?

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    /signed
    Too short
    Never play leapfrog with a unicorn.

I appreciate the feedback. I'm not a demagogue, so I struckout the somewhat rebellious nature of the petition, since it is obviously not popular.

@ Spiritus or whoever-else:

Your best bet to actually have something like this happen in reality would be to either bring it up in Suggestions/Feedback or PM Sunshine or Boubouille. You'll probably gain more direct attention towards your cause by going that route. By all means continue doing what you're doing, but I'm just trying to give you guys what you need to see the best results.

I appreciate the heads up & general support. I've never been an expert on the inner workings of the MMO-C structure.

I will take some time to write a non-pithy, fully developed argument and post it in the Suggestions/Feedback forums, as well as PM it to BB & Sunshine.

priests are a complex class. i'm in agreement with easier access to quality info. been playing priest for four years and i still learn new tricks from these priest pages and the people who put the effort in to write them up.
    somebody call for d doctor?

Deleted
    Signed for sure