Poll: Dwarf

Quote Originally Posted by Skinny Red View Post
    @Helden

The actor playing Beorn got in legal trouble after police found his number in the phone of a guy selling cocaine (he has been busted for cocaine before). This was a bit after movie 2. I'm guessing that has something to do with one of your thoughts at the end.
    EE is more likely. Didn't Gandalf also suddenly have Radagast's staff? A cut death-scene? Either way, Beorn was in the battle in the books, would be a shame to not at least see him again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstormen View Post
    EE is more likely. Didn't Gandalf also suddenly have Radagast's staff? A cut death-scene? Either way, Beorn was in the battle in the books, would be a shame to not at least see him again.
    I didn't notice that Maybe he borrowed it after losing his own at Dol Goldur? Or did he get it before that?
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

Quote Originally Posted by Skinny Red View Post
    I didn't notice that Maybe he borrowed it after losing his own at Dol Goldur? Or did he get it before that?
    I THINK he walked around with an ordinary stick when he entered the camp, and Radagast had his staff when he rode in on the eagle.

I didn't read the books, so what happens after the movie/book with the gem, dwarf and human cities and that coward dude?

I don't think the room I went had it at 48fps.
    Kinda of sad now that I realized it.

Paid the VIP, people were so far apart that I didnt even notice when they turned on their phones.
    Last edited by Girlyman; 2014-12-13 at 12:44 AM.
    Your you're own enemy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Girlyman View Post
    I didn't read the books, so what happens after the movie/book with the gem, dwarf and human cities and that coward dude?

I don't think the room I went had it at 48fps.
    Kinda of sad now that I realized it.

Paid the VIP, people were so far apart that I didnt even notice when they turned on their phones.
    Dwarfs and humans prosper, Erebor gets to be as magnificent as it once was like Esgaroth and Dale. Years later, on the war of the ring conflict, they enter at war with Mordor and Rhun (an evil human kingdom) and they have their battles at the same time Minas Tirirh gets sieged in the movies. The elves of Mirkwood also get involved and they help humans and dwarfs, they also siege Dol guldor that was in control of Mordor.

The coward dude, wich I think you mean the major is never to seen again. He never appeard again in any book as far as I know.

I found this rather entertaining (hopefully it doesn't get taken down)

10+ Year Old Account
    IM SO EXCITED THE MOVIE HAS BEEN OUT FOR 3 DAYS IN THE NETHERLANDS AND I HAVENT SEEN IT YET!!!! BLASPHEMY!!

Going to see it tonight can't wait will jizz my pants.
    "The sword is mightier than the pen, and considerably easier to kill with."

15+ Year Old Account
    Dat moment the nine show up in their spirit form soooooooooooo freaking awesome.
    - Vanilla was legitimately bad; we just didn't know any better at the time - SirCowDog

Quote Originally Posted by Sainur View Post
    IM SO EXCITED THE MOVIE HAS BEEN OUT FOR 3 DAYS IN THE NETHERLANDS AND I HAVENT SEEN IT YET!!!! BLASPHEMY!!

Going to see it tonight can't wait will jizz my pants.
    Please take me with you

10+ Year Old Account
    Czech Republic, Euro-Atlantic civilisation
    Well I saw it and I must say I am quite disappointed. Unlike the second part, which was just bad and pretty much salvageable, this movie had promised, a glimmers of a good story. This could have been a good film, if there was someone else directing all the battle scenes which were way overblown. Cant really decide what was worst, Legolas riding a bat (which were "bred for war" but did not actually do anything...), Legolas doing a run up a collapsing tower or Bard using his son to aim the black arrow, or something else entirely.

Mind you, there were also a good moments, such as Dol Guldur, the moments before the battle, but overall, bah. Lets not even mention completely nonsense things like Legolas going on a voluntary exile and Thranduil telling him to go find Aragorn (who ws like 10 at that time) in the north (no matter that the only thing north of Erebor are the Grey mountains).

As an avid Tolkien fan, it is a strange thing to say, but I am glad there are no more films coming.
    Last edited by Zoranon; 2014-12-13 at 10:43 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by b2121945 View Post
    Don't see what's wrong with fighting alongside Nazi Germany
    Quote Originally Posted by JfmC View Post
    someone who disagrees with me is simply wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am in New Zealand so I saw it on Thursday (release day) at 48fps 3d. It was a great finish to the hobbit trilogy. Does it compare with RoTK? No way. But It felt like a great ending to the hobbit story. And Billy Connolly was fantastic! I really enjoyed the fleshing out of the story and adding all the gandalf/sauron stuff to the movie.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endonyx View Post
    Dat moment the nine show up in their spirit form soooooooooooo freaking awesome.
    Yeah that was awesome. They looked proper badass.

Also I jizzed myself when Dain II Ironfoot appeared, oh man... A heavily armored dwarf with a red mohawk and a fierce beard, it even had tusks attached to it! He rode an armored boar wielded a massive warhammer and holy shit it was so amazing to see him in action.

Anyway I just came back form the cinema and as a Tolkien fan I actually enjoyed it, you people that criticize these movies so much should be grateful. Yes the movies are always different than the books it's nothing new. When you a reading a book your imagination will make it up for you, no matter what, movies will always be different that what you imagined when reading the books.

The ending was a bit weird as I expected a bit more. But aside from that it was awesome.

They didn't show anything of Thorins burial, Dain succeeding him, etc. There were some parts in this movie that, in my opinion, missed something. But I hope the extended edition will have more.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah that was awesome. They looked proper badass.

Also I jizzed myself when Dain II Ironfoot appeared, oh man... A heavily armored dwarf with a red mohawk and a fierce beard, it even had tusks attached to it! He rode an armored boar wielded a massive warhammer and holy shit it was so amazing to see him in action.

Anyway I just came back form the cinema and as a Tolkien fan I actually enjoyed it, you people that criticize these movies so much should be grateful. Yes the movies are always different than the books it's nothing new. When you a reading a book your imagination will make it up for you, no matter what, movies will always be different that what you imagined when reading the books.

The ending was a bit weird as I expected a bit more. But aside from that it was awesome.

They didn't show anything of Thorins burial, Dain succeeding him, etc. There were some parts in this movie that, in my opinion, missed something. But I hope the extended edition will have more.
    What should we be grateful for? For the fact that insted of the epic LOTR films, Jackson turned this into second rate hack and slash movie? No thank you, I reserve my gratitude for things that are actually worth it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoranon View Post
    What should we be grateful for? For the fact that insted of the epic LOTR films, Jackson turned this into second rate hack and slash movie? No thank you, I reserve my gratitude for things that are actually worth it.
    You must be fun at parties, oh well, that's your opinion I guess. I actually enjoyed the movie.

I wasn't too happy with some parts of this movie, The way Azog died, the way Bolg died, but what can you do about it? Call it a second rate hack and slash movie?

LOL

Ah well, I got my moneys worth. Too bad you didn't.

10+ Year Old Account
    You must be fun at parties, oh well, that's your opinion I guess. I actually enjoyed the movie.

I wasn't too happy with some parts of this movie, The way Azog died, the way Bolg died, but what can you do about it? Call it a second rate hack and slash movie?

LOL

Ah well, I got my moneys worth. Too bad you didn't.
    So if I disagree with your views I must be a party bore? ROFL

I am disappointed, since if Jackson could actually control his megalomania, this could have been a good movie.

As I said already, I am glad there will be no more movies by Jackson made about Middle-Earth.

I don't think there will be any more movies about Middle-Earth period, let alone made by Jackson.

Deleted
    Something I didn't catch in the movie but why does Legolas say that he can never go back with Thranduil? That just seemed really forced to me.

I really wanna know if Tauriel dies

In general I'm neither satisfied nor disappointed with the last movie. I just hope for our sakes they do not make any more movies if Hobbit 3 is what they will all look like.

IT'S GOT FUCKING NYDUS WORMS!

Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    Something I didn't catch in the movie but why does Legolas say that he can never go back with Thranduil? That just seemed really forced to me.
    Guess he didn't feel like being the Prince of the Woodland Realm, Aragorn-Style.