Poll: Dwarf

Page 5 of 128 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    yeahhhh!!! i cant wait for this

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post

Umm unless they have totally screwed up recent editions you never find out anything about that ring's past until Fellowship.
    Not true, in the original printing the ring was just a magic ring that turned people invisible. After Bilbo won the ring in the riddle competition, him and Gollum just went their seperate ways. It wasn't until after LOTR had been published and Tolkien had went back and edited The Hobbit to include the rings corruptive effects on it's holder do we see the ending of that encounter that has Gollum screaming and raving about hating Bilbo. It's true that you don't find out about the ring past until LOTR (in publication dates.), but Tolkien changed The Hobbit to reflect his new book.

Looking forward to it, LOtR trilogy is one of my favourites in the industry. Cant wait to see how he handles the Hobbit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TraksSuns View Post
    Name me some of these otherwordly sets. 1st movie in my opinion was the best from all triligoy. Everything was in place.
    Off the top of my head (i've not seen the first movie in over six years) Lothlórien, Galadriel's home. Any forest scene, pretty much, it's such a classic look.

That change didn't make any sense to me actually. The whole thing about Faramir was the fact he wasn't tempted by the ring... it made him more epic that he was the only person in the world that wasn't tempted by it.
    Which doesn't make any sense >.<

Quote Originally Posted by Teroseth View Post
    Not true, in the original printing the ring was just a magic ring that turned people invisible. After Bilbo won the ring in the riddle competition, him and Gollum just went their seperate ways. It wasn't until after LOTR had been published and Tolkien had went back and edited The Hobbit to include the rings corruptive effects on it's holder do we see the ending of that encounter that has Gollum screaming and raving about hating Bilbo. It's true that you don't find out about the ring past until LOTR (in publication dates.), but Tolkien changed The Hobbit to reflect his new book.
    Honestly I never interpreted Gollum's ravings after losing the ring to have anything to do with the power of the ring to corrupt. To me it always seemed more like a dark creature lost something valuable to him that he used to eek out an existence and losing made him rage plus the fact that Gollum felt that he was cheated by Bilbo. Seems perfectly understandable even if it was just a ring that made you turn invisible. I am not sure how that change has any real effect on the story or is in anyway cheapening what went on there. It would be weirder if Gollum didn't rage.

Quote Originally Posted by Penguin FTW View Post
    Which doesn't make any sense >.<
    I'm not sure what you mean. The entire point was despite being the less favored son Faramir grew to be pure and wise enough to resist the temptation of the ring.

The Necromancer in Mirkwood is Sauron I thought. BTW I think the dwarves look Great.

Oin and Gloin (Gloin is Gimli's poppa)

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=79596
    Last edited by Northy; 2011-07-08 at 07:06 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    1) there is no Boromir
    2) there is no Aragorn
    3) there is no Rohan
    4) there is no Minas Tirith
    5) there is no Witch King.

I am not watching this.
    You Realise they weren't in the hobbit book right?

So at work our elevators have a screen that scrolls through news headlines and weather and sometimes Words of the Day. Well Today's word is apparently Bilbo, which is another word for ankle shackles. Which as I got thinking about it is interesting, considering when we first meet Bilbo he is completely hunkered down and quite content to live in Bag End for the rest of his life. But then Gandalf kicks him out of his hole and he goes on this great adventure and is never the same again. Idk was interesting to me.

Quote Originally Posted by -Dalliah- View Post
    Faramir probably 'learned' from his brothers mistake.
    I though Faramir swore off the ring before he knew fully what happened to Boromir.

y
    Quote Originally Posted by Aussiedude View Post
    And Here is the Latest Photo of the Hobbit Dwarfs

Nori, Ori & Dori

The Film is being shot in Wellington New Zealand

You are correct to say it WAS being filmed in New Zealand, however due to a workers quabble and other shananigans filming was moved to beatiful British Columbia. Hence the long wait time for release.

---------- Post added 2011-07-08 at 02:47 PM ----------

I should read more :P I guess they fixed their issues and ARE back in NZ

Quote Originally Posted by Penguin FTW View Post
    I though Faramir swore off the ring before he knew fully what happened to Boromir.
    Your right, unless the movie did it in the wrong order(watched the movies again recently but has been forever since i read the books)

[QUOTE=TraksSuns;12173505]

Yeah, looks awesome!

[/QUOTE

These Dwarf Warriors are not wearing Plate

Looks more like leather with abit of Mail

10+ Year Old Account

Well to be fair, when they set out on the journey, they were not going to war or anything. Would you wanna march across the country wearing full plate armor?

Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post
    Well to be fair, when they set out on the journey, they were not going to war or anything. Would you wanna march across the country wearing full plate armor?
    Yea they weren't exactly marching off to war or anything (at least not that they knew). Brb on the Faramir thing, but I swear I remember it a certain way but I am not sure if that is the movie influencing my memory or something ><

Deleted

Could be Mithril but if i remember right they where traveling light and incognito other wise they would have been stripped in one of the first chapters. I think we will se all the Dwarfs - including a clan from Iron Hills in full plate in the probally epic finale though. Which is one of the main reason i want to watch the movies. That, Smaug and offcourse Beorn when he goes berzerk

Ok, so in my copy Frodo and Sam are having a meal with Faramir and Sam gets to talking and mentions that Boromir wanted the ring and that it was probably in Lorien that Boromir decided he wanted the "Enemy's Ring". From there Faramir works out that Boromir probably tried to take the ring by force and that Sam and Frodo escaped somehow. It is a couple paragraphs after this that he says the bit about even if he found it laying on the ground he would not pick it up.

---------- Post added 2011-07-09 at 12:48 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by verdamte View Post
    Could be Mithril but if i remember right they where traveling light and incognito other wise they would have been stripped in one of the first chapters. I think we will se all the Dwarfs - including a clan from Iron Hills in full plate in the probally epic finale though. Which is one of the main reason i want to watch the movies. That, Smaug and offcourse Beorn when he goes berzerk
    I am pretty sure that they did not have Mithril in their possession until after Smaug's lair. My impression was that they were sort of poorer dwarves on the outs trying to reclaim their old riches.

Deleted

I am pretty sure that they did not have Mithril in their possession until after Smaug's lair. My impression was that they were sort of poorer dwarves on the outs trying to reclaim their old riches.
    I think you are right - i could imagine that certain highwaymen they encounter in the beginning of the journey would go crazy had they found Mithril on the dwarfs

Not sure if anyone seen this already. Production Video #2
    https://www.facebook.com/video/video...50314562706807