Poll: Dwarf

Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    How the bork do you memorize random anecdotes of my life.

And this movie needs to be released already, I hate waiting!
    I remember everything. Thats how I roll. lol
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

Deleted
    OMFG!!! I got chills...and we haven't even heard Smaug speak...it will be WICKED!!!

Good thing that the 3rd movie will come out next summer, so we won't wait as long as last trilogy..really wish the 2nd movie would come out this summer...but, oh well, at least there's something really to look forward to this winter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Summerdrake View Post
    OMFG!!! I got chills...and we haven't even heard Smaug speak...it will be WICKED!!!

Good thing that the 3rd movie will come out next summer, so we won't wait as long as last trilogy..really wish the 2nd movie would come out this summer...but, oh well, at least there's something really to look forward to this winter.
    Terribly sorry, but it won't come out next summer. It got pushed back until december 2014
    http://entertainment.time.com/2013/0...k-to-dec-2014/
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

Deleted
    Oh noes!

10+ Year Old Account
    Haha, that does sound incredibly lame But it's better than the original translation of the lotr books to swedish, Tolkien himself hated that as the translator didn't translate names (Baggins became Bagger) even though that's what Tolkien intended. Thank God some translator made a more correct version a few years ago!
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Badhairday View Post
    Haha, that does sound incredibly lame But it's better than the original translation of the lotr books to swedish, Tolkien himself hated that as the translator didn't translate names (Baggins became Bagger) even though that's what Tolkien intended. Thank God some translator made a more correct version a few years ago!
    Baggins is Bagger in Swedish? In French Bilbo Baggins is called Bilbon Sacquet. Proper names that end in -o in English often end in -on in French (Leo-Léon, Apollo-Apollon, etc.). Therefore Frodo is called Frodon.

Other names:
    Took=Touque
    Brandybuck=Brandebouc
    Samwise Gamgee= Samsagace Gamegie
    Lobelia (Otho, Lotho) Sackville-Baggins = Lobélia (Othon, Lothon) Sacquet de Besace
    The Shire = La Comté
    Hobbiton = Hobbitbourg
    Bag-End = Cul-de-Sac
    Rivendell = Fondcombe
    Dale = Le Val
    Treebeard = Sylvebarbe
    Barliman Butterbur = Prosper Poiredebeurré
    Shadowfax = Gripoil ("Grey hair", which I don't like)
    Last edited by Frontenac; 2013-06-19 at 03:52 PM.
    "Je vous répondrai par la bouche de mes canons!"

Well after seeing the trailer, If Bilbo isn't wearing the ring while in the same room as smaug I will throw someone through the screen.
    My System
    Ivy Bridge 3570k OC 4.0
    ASRock Z77 Extreme4
    Saphire 290
    Mushkin Enhanced Blackline Frostbyte DDR3 1600 8GB

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontenac View Post
    Baggins is Bagger in Swedish? In French Bilbo Baggins is called Bilbon Sacquet. Proper names that end in -o in English often end in -on in French (Leo-Léon, Apollo-Apollon, etc.). Therefore Frodo is called Frodon.

Other names:
    Took=Touque
    Brandybuck=Brandebouc
    Samwise Gamgee= Samsagace Gamegie
    Lobelia (Otho, Lotho) Sackville-Baggins = Lobélia (Othon, Lothon) Sacquet de Besace
    The Shire = La Comté
    Hobbiton = Hobbitbourg
    Bag-End = Cul-de-Sac
    Rivendell = Fontcombe
    Dale = Le Val
    Treebeard = Sylvebarbe
    Barliman Butterbur = Prosper Poirdebeurré
    Shadowfax = Gripoil ("Grey hair", which I don't like)
    The original translation made Baggins into Bagger, but it's not a translation at all, it's just the same word made into a more swedish-sounding one. The newer translations are using Secker, which is more appropriate. They also changed some other names like Rivendell. At first it was Vattnadal but later it became Riftedal, which I guess isn't really that appropriate either. Even if I like the new translations, I'm so familiar with the first ones that I tend to use them anyway >.<

Quite interesting to see the french translations!

iirc the Swedish translations were one of least liked by Tolkien (as he understood some swedish), because the translations of certain words weren't what he intended for at all. I think the author/editor of the newer translations took their time to read through Tolkien's book about how to properly translate (or just leave them as they are) names.
    Last edited by BHD; 2013-06-15 at 05:13 PM.
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

loved the trailer except Smaug, he looks shit >.>

Deleted
    wow. cant wait to see it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Osskssa View Post
    loved the trailer except Smaug, he looks shit >.>
    Grr... he's my favorite part of the trailer. The whole trailer didn't have that epic feel as the first one. There is a little bit of talk in the beginning and then it's just pure fight scenes ;(

Deleted
    Youtube comments -> all.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5NGguk8VXYc
    A day after saying goodbye to Gandalf and Tauriel, it was time to farewell Legolas. What a great day it was, with Orlando battling a serious Orc for all 12 hours of shooting - part of the Battle of the 5 Armies for the third Hobbit movie. When we finally got the day done, we said goodbye to Orlando, had a couple of beers ... and couldn't resist doing this!

10+ Year Old Account
    Best clip on the internet!
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

15+ Year Old Account
    Best part of it "Tell me where is Gandalf, for I much desire to speak with him" makes me laugh everytime xD and then i came across this one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wPKRMIqbgjs never seen it but its freaking funny.
    Last edited by Vestig3; 2013-06-30 at 09:20 AM.
    - Vanilla was legitimately bad; we just didn't know any better at the time - SirCowDog

15+ Year Old Account
    Doesnt have anything to do with this thread but after watching the Goodbye too legolas video i saw this one and i couldnt stop laughing xD

- Vanilla was legitimately bad; we just didn't know any better at the time - SirCowDog

15+ Year Old Account
    Funny ive just read an article where viggo mortensen says that back in 2008 when they where planning to make the hobbit the producers asked him if he would like too reprise his role for a yet unknown part in the hobbit maybe a small cameo but viggo told them that aragon is not in the hobbit book so he doesnt understand why he would return too reprise his role and that his character would be much younger since there is a 60 year gap.

But that on the other hand he understands why orlando bloom returned as legolas because his elven kin plays a role in the books so it would make sense even if its not in the book.

New trailer

Can really hear that it's Benedict Cumberbatch that voices Smaug when it's less growly :3

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstormen View Post
    New trailer

Can really hear that it's Benedict Cumberbatch that voices Smaug when it's less growly :3

oh its Benedict voicing him?
    i thought it sounded a bit like him, but i didn't think he was in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Endonyx View Post
    Funny ive just read an article where viggo mortensen says that back in 2008 when they where planning to make the hobbit the producers asked him if he would like too reprise his role for a yet unknown part in the hobbit maybe a small cameo but viggo told them that aragon is not in the hobbit book so he doesnt understand why he would return too reprise his role and that his character would be much younger since there is a 60 year gap.

But that on the other hand he understands why orlando bloom returned as legolas because his elven kin plays a role in the books so it would make sense even if its not in the book.
    You do realize how Old Aragon is right?

Either Way Peter Jackson is known for it allready..remember Battle for Helm's Deep and the Elves?..not supposed to be there but it worked..im sure his ideas for Aragon would have fit rather well..hes good at ret-conning apparently.
    Last edited by Morrei; 2013-10-01 at 03:25 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstormen View Post
    New trailer

Looks amazing! Too bad that Evangeline Lilly is in the movie. I have hated her since Lost.