Poll: Dwarf

Page 79 of 128 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sainur View Post
    I still haven't seen or heard ANYTHING from Dáin II Ironfoot. IMO he plays a major role in The Hobbit... and I'm really afraid that Peter Jackson will ruin the movie with all this Tauriel and Legolas bullcrap. I've seen enough silly elves already.

But I'm really afraid that Peter will ruin the entire trilogy with Tauriel and Legolas. Legolas didn't appear in the books and Tauriel is just a made up character to make the movies more interesting "WWWOOO GURL POWER YEAHHHH!"

Daín II Ironfoot better show up in The Desolation of Smaug. I mean, he should. He and his dwarven army fought at The Battle of Five armies, and Dáin became king under the mountain after Thorin perished. Anyhow, I'm really looking forward to this movie though. Either it will turn out great, or it will be a dissapointment.
    I just wanna see based Billy Connolly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Lets say you have a two 3 inch lines. One is all red and the other is 48% red and 52% blue. Does that mean there's a 50-50 chance they're both red or is the second line matching the all red line by 48%?
    ^^^ Wells using an analogy

15+ Year Old Account
    Renamed thread to include Trilogy. We can continue using this thread for the upcoming two films

OoOo dat Beorn!

Quote Originally Posted by Northy View Post
    OoOo dat Beorn!

10+ Year Old Account
    Can anyone tell me if they are going to make a special edition of the Unexpected Journey on DVD in the same way they did with the LotR special editions?
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    Can anyone tell me if they are going to make a special edition of the Unexpected Journey on DVD in the same way they did with the LotR special editions?
    The special Extended Edition will be out 23th October, aka 10 days.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstormen View Post
    The special Extended Edition will be out 23th October, aka 10 days.
    Oh... damn. Haha, I already bought the blu-ray edition of The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey as soon as it came out. Now I'm gonna need to buy the extended edition as well. MMO Champion is my source of news, lol.
    "The sword is mightier than the pen, and considerably easier to kill with."

Quote Originally Posted by Sainur View Post
    Oh... damn. Haha, I already bought the blu-ray edition of The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey as soon as it came out. Now I'm gonna need to buy the extended edition as well. MMO Champion is my source of news, lol.
    Nawt me, gonna save my money and wait til the box set comes out years from now.

But I'm really afraid that Peter will ruin the entire trilogy with Tauriel and Legolas. Legolas didn't appear in the books
    Getting really tired of this argument.

Legolas wasn't conceived in Tolkien's mind back when he wrote The Hobbit. He's the freaking son of Thranduil, of course he's in the movie. It would be lame as all hell to say '' Yes I have a son but he's cooking bagels in Rohan right now sorry ''.

Plus, we got this.

Herald of the Titans Ron Burgundy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Lightbulb Been watching The Hobbit again.....

and my conclusion is that the flashbacks are the best part of the movie. the intro cameo of erabor was amazing as was the dwarf and orc battle in moria. but outside that the movie felt elongated and childish (i know the hobbit was a childrens story, but that doesn't mean they couldn't have adapted it and make it as dark as lotro). i mean, they are sleeping in a random mountain cave and all of a sudden get dropped into the goblin tunnels? give me a break

what r ur thoughts as we lead into the hobbit part 2
    Milk was a bad choice.

2013 MMO-Champion User of the Year (2nd runner up)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Burgundy View Post
    and my conclusion is that the flashbacks are the best part of the movie. the intro cameo of erabor was amazing as was the dwarf and orc battle in moria. but outside that the movie felt elongated and childish (i know the hobbit was a childrens story, but that doesn't mean they couldn't have adapted it and make it as dark as lotro). i mean, they are sleeping in a random mountain cave and all of a sudden get dropped into the goblin tunnels? give me a break

No need to have a separate thread, merging it with The Hobbit thread

10+ Year Old Account
    your killing me kerdz ur killing me...
    Milk was a bad choice.

Why would they make it dark? The Hobbit was lighthearted. I'm sure there'd more outrage if Jackson made it dark.

10+ Year Old Account
    Your breaking his balls here Kerdoz.

OT: Thought the first part was a solid movie and this is coming from someone who read the book. I was okay with the whole extra white orc backstory because it added more while still being good.
    Hey everyone

Deleted
    <3

Quote Originally Posted by Fox McCloud View Post
    Your breaking his balls here Kerdoz.

OT: Thought the first part was a solid movie and this is coming from someone who read the book. I was okay with the whole extra white orc backstory because it added more while still being good.
    He likes it

Yea, I actually liked the White orc story aswell. More action. I really hope the whole triology will be this good.

10+ Year Old Account
    but did u know that in the book, azog actually died in that dwarf and orc battle in moria. it wasnt even by THORIN.
    Milk was a bad choice.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstormen View Post
    Smaug is "the dragon", so to speak, a lot of people want him to look good and the scene to be spectacular, I guess they want it to be as good as possible and considers any hint of his appearance before his actual appearance to spoil the scene a bit.
    I was dissappointed with the bland look of his head in his first trailer appereance - but i think it mainly was because of the light settings
    His eye looks extremely good in close up. Really nice slimey scales and "wobbly" bag under the eyes. The reflexions confuses me though - like there is a big window in his lair.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by verdamte View Post
    I was dissappointed with the bland look of his head in his first trailer appereance - but i think it mainly was because of the light settings
    His eye looks extremely good in close up. Really nice slimey scales and "wobbly" bag under the eyes. The reflexions confuses me though - like there is a big window in his lair.

[IMG]https://static.squarespace.com/static/51b3dc8ee4b051b96ceb10de/51ce6099e4b0d911b4489b79/51ce6175e4b0d911b4494e75/1368142079023/1000w/tumblr_mg2lh2uU3I1rw7n3jo1_500.gif[IMG]
    Technology is amazing, how did they get the reflection of the camera out of his eye?
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Lets say you have a two 3 inch lines. One is all red and the other is 48% red and 52% blue. Does that mean there's a 50-50 chance they're both red or is the second line matching the all red line by 48%?
    ^^^ Wells using an analogy

Quote Originally Posted by xylophone View Post
    Technology is amazing, how did they get the reflection of the camera out of his eye?
    Is that a serious question?

- - - Updated - - -

but did u know that in the book, azog actually died in that dwarf and orc battle in moria. it wasnt even by THORIN.
    Yes we did.

lol anyone seen the swede Michael Persbrant's role in hobbit 2? What a shame, they could make him look more intimidating not look like joe dirt or something. Dont like it and i hope they change how he looks in human form.
    http://stoppapressarna.se/sites/defa...randt_stor.jpg
    http://media3.domcoola.se/2013/10/mi...%C3%A4ning.jpg
    Last edited by ParanoiD84; 2013-10-30 at 10:52 AM.
    Do you hear the voices too?