Poll: Dwarf

Page 81 of 128 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by PBitt View Post
    Good to hear. Going to pick it up in the next day or two.
    Might as well wait for the box set that'll come when they're all done. I'm betting on a sextuplet of LotR and Hobbit...so I'm waiting for it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Northy View Post
    Might as well wait for the box set that'll come when they're all done. I'm betting on a sextuplet of LotR and Hobbit...so I'm waiting for it.
    Yep! And all of it on Blu-Ray too! Will be amazing.
    "There is no teacher but the enemy. No one but the enemy will tell you what the enemy is going to do. No one but the enemy will ever teach you how to destroy and conquer. Only the enemy shows you where you are weak. Only the enemy tells you where he is strong. And the rules of the game are what you can do to him and what you can stop him from doing to you." -Mazer Rackham - Ender's Game Orson Scott Card

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rendia View Post
    Yep! And all of it on Blu-Ray too! Will be amazing.
    Think they'll have it on VHS? I'm waiting for prices to go down to upgrade.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Lets say you have a two 3 inch lines. One is all red and the other is 48% red and 52% blue. Does that mean there's a 50-50 chance they're both red or is the second line matching the all red line by 48%?
    ^^^ Wells using an analogy

Quote Originally Posted by Northy View Post
    Why wait two years to save a few dollars? I don't even own the theatrical version because I knew I'd be buying this as soon as it was announced. Have been very pleased with the LoTR extended DVDs, no way am I waiting two years to see the extended edition of this film.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstormen View Post
    For some reason, I now have the mental image of Sherlock Holmes being a giant dragon, investigating each cinema in the UK with his Hobbit sidekick, for evidence of who's been to see the film.

World Premiere 2. December in Los Angeles, so I guess reviews will go up 3.?

EDIT: Nope!
    Last edited by Arrowstormen; 2013-12-05 at 07:17 PM.

New production diary, featuring a bit more dragon than seen previously in the end.

Also, review embargo is going away on Sunday (8th December)
    Last edited by Arrowstormen; 2013-12-05 at 05:26 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Smaug looks amazing just from that little bit we see
    - Vanilla was legitimately bad; we just didn't know any better at the time - SirCowDog

10+ Year Old Account
    2 Legs or 4!!! BAAAAAH!
    Lets say you have a two 3 inch lines. One is all red and the other is 48% red and 52% blue. Does that mean there's a 50-50 chance they're both red or is the second line matching the all red line by 48%?

Quote Originally Posted by xylophone View Post
    2 Legs or 4!!! BAAAAAH!
    What'cha mean?

10+ Year Old Account
    What'cha mean?
    Is he a two-legged dragon or a four-legged dragon is the question, I believe.
    "There is no teacher but the enemy. No one but the enemy will tell you what the enemy is going to do. No one but the enemy will ever teach you how to destroy and conquer. Only the enemy shows you where you are weak. Only the enemy tells you where he is strong. And the rules of the game are what you can do to him and what you can stop him from doing to you." -Mazer Rackham - Ender's Game Orson Scott Card

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm so much more hype after that last production diary. Gimme gimme!
    Currently Procrastinating

Definitely looking forward to this, still not sure how the Mr and Mrs. Legolas scenes are going to work out but everything else looks awesome without a doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by PBitt View Post
    Definitely looking forward to this, still not sure how the Mr and Mrs. Legolas scenes are going to work out but everything else looks awesome without a doubt.
    They exist to flesh out the elf side of the story/mountain-conflict. Otherwise there'd only be the douche-king.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rendia View Post
    Is he a two-legged dragon or a four-legged dragon is the question, I believe.
    Four legged, as seen in AUJ.

Also, first reviews are popping up, looking positive, which is good because AUJ got a bit mixed reviews with positive barely winning out: http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/the_...tion_of_smaug/

They exist to flesh out the elf side of the story/mountain-conflict. Otherwise there'd only be the douche-king.

Also, first reviews are popping up, looking positive, which is good because AUJ got a bit mixed reviews with positive barely winning out: http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/the_...tion_of_smaug/
    That's promising, especially when both the reviews mention it's a good step up for AUJ.

- - - Updated - - -

Behold, the first black person in Middle Earth (reading the YouTube comments was hilarious)

10+ Year Old Account

Here's a little read for you:

http://atolkienistperspective.wordpr...tion-of-smaug/

Quote Originally Posted by xylophone View Post
    Some people have already seen it, so the answer should be available somewhere.

I read this is the movie Stephen Colbert is in, supposed to be in Lake Town if you can spot him.

15+ Year Old Account
    Its still early too judge about the movie but from the clips ive seen and the video blogs and interviews TDOS seems a lot darker then TUJ.
    - Vanilla was legitimately bad; we just didn't know any better at the time - SirCowDog