Poll: Dwarf

Quote Originally Posted by Endonyx View Post
    Yea he talked about that on CC hes currently talking with some high people about shooting some extra scenes next year but he wasnt yet sure if he would make a 3e movie or give both movies a big extended edition i guess we will see in a few weeks also the next movie blog #8 is currently in works and will come out either this or next week ill hope he will talk about it.
    Interesting... as much as I love the Hobbit I can't imagine that there is enough story in there for 3 movies =/ Maybe if he expands and goes into where Gandalf goes/what he does when he leaves them. I think it's sort of odd there will definitely be two movies for it honestly.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    Interesting... as much as I love the Hobbit I can't imagine that there is enough story in there for 3 movies =/ Maybe if he expands and goes into where Gandalf goes/what he does when he leaves them. I think it's sort of odd there will definitely be two movies for it honestly.
    Well according too P'Jackson Tolkien wrote some extra stories that are connected too The Hobbit but he never published for a book he got his hands on his by his son Christopher that plus some editional stuff and what happands too gandalf is some of the things he asked MGM and NLC if he could shoot some more in 2013 for maybe a 3th movie or big Extended edition for the 2 current planned movies.
    - Vanilla was legitimately bad; we just didn't know any better at the time - SirCowDog

Quote Originally Posted by Endonyx View Post
    Well according too P'Jackson Tolkien wrote some extra stories that are connected too The Hobbit but he never published for a book he got his hands on his by his son Christopher that plus some editional stuff and what happands too gandalf is some of the things he asked MGM and NLC if he could shoot some more in 2013 for maybe a 3th movie or big Extended edition for the 2 current planned movies.
    If you've read the Appendices in the LotR books, or the Silmarillion/Unfinished Tales of Middle Earth you'd realize there's enough material for a hundred movies.

The saying that the clarity and sharpness is too much doesn't apply to most people watching it at home at least, considering we only get 1920x1080 anyway, no matter the source resolution.

That said, I have seen the 4k preview of the movie, and holy god does it look amazing.

Too realistic? I have no clue what the heck they're on about.
    I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like more than half of you more than you deserve.

I don't know if this has been mentioned yet, but apparently both Orlando Bloom and Cate Blanchett have been cast for The Hobbit, when neither of their characters appeared in the book. I can see them getting away with adding Legolas, because part of the story does take place in Mirkwood and they meet his father the king if I remember correctly. However, Galadriel wasn't in the Hobbit, and no part of the book even took place in Lothlorien. It's making be a bit apprehensive.
    He is the life of guilds he has never joined.
    He once had a noobish moment- just to see what it felt like.
    If he were to beat you in a duel, you would have to fight the strong urge to thank him.
    The Lunar Elders have a holiday in which they honor him.
    He can speak Darnassian. In Orcish.
    He is: The Most Interesting Man in the World of Warcraft.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Surgeon View Post
    I don't know if this has been mentioned yet, but apparently both Orlando Bloom and Cate Blanchett have been cast for The Hobbit, when neither of their characters appeared in the book. I can see them getting away with adding Legolas, because part of the story does take place in Mirkwood and they meet his father the king if I remember correctly. However, Galadriel wasn't in the Hobbit, and no part of the book even took place in Lothlorien. It's making be a bit apprehensive.
    In The Hobbit, Gandalf leaves the group before entering Mirkwood to confront "the Necromancer" in the south of the forest. We know by the Council of Elrond in FotR that he rejoined the White Council to confront him. The White Council is composed of Saruman the White as leader, Gandalf the Grey, Radagast the Brown, Elrond, Cirdan the Shipwright and Galadriel. And we all know who is the Necromancer.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythricia View Post
    The saying that the clarity and sharpness is too much doesn't apply to most people watching it at home at least, considering we only get 1920x1080 anyway, no matter the source resolution.

That said, I have seen the 4k preview of the movie, and holy god does it look amazing.

Too realistic? I have no clue what the heck they're on about.
    Post production will clear up any issues like that anyways.

---------- Post added 2012-07-20 at 07:06 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Surgeon View Post
    Flashbacks/setting up the story or setting/etc Have faith.

Deleted
    I am very excited to see Beorn! Loved that character in the book and ofcourse beacuse it is a swedish actor who is extremy good!

I won't spoil anything, but I do believe you see a brief moment of the Necromancer in video 8. Yay

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Northy View Post
    I won't spoil anything, but I do believe you see a brief moment of the Necromancer in video 8. Yay
    I would like to know where, because I did not see him. I saw the trolls and a giant throwing a rock.

So, is anyone else as excited for this two part movie event as I am? I'm giddy as a school girl.

Part one is scheduled for release December 14, 2012 and will be titled "The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey."

Part two is scheduled for release December 13, 2013 and will be titled "The Hobbit: There and Back Again."

Love the names, they're straight outta the book. Anyways if you want to keep up with Hobbit news/production check it out.

http://www.thehobbitblog.com/
    http://www.facebook.com/video/video....81557&comments
    December 16th, actually...for the first.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontenac View Post
    I would like to know where, because I did not see him. I saw the trolls and a giant throwing a rock.
    On second look, I think I was mistaken. But I was talking about the figure at 1:20.

10+ Year Old Account
    On second look, I think I was mistaken. But I was talking about the figure at 1:20.
    Oh yeah. I think this is actually one of the giants of the Misty Mountains. The company see them before Goblintown. I'm surprised Peter Jackson put them in the movie.

Is it my birthday? Is it Christmas? Could it be? A third Hobbit movie?

Read this ASAP http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=92873

cant wait for this movie, i've been a lotr fan back in time

One of my favorite books - can't wait for the movie.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is it my birthday? Is it Christmas? Could it be? A third Hobbit movie?

Read this ASAP http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=92873
    If PJ had stuck to the book, there would not be a need for two movies. With the addition of Gandalf perspective and his fight in Dol Guldur, there can be two movies and it is great. But three movies? I think he's stretching it a bit much.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontenac View Post
    If PJ had stuck to the book, there would not be a need for two movies. With the addition of Gandalf perspective and his fight in Dol Guldur, there can be two movies and it is great. But three movies? I think he's stretching it a bit much.

Have you not read Tolien? There's so much content in LotR, Hobbit, appendices... He could make fifty movies.

15+ Year Old Account
    Have you not read Tolien? There's so much content in LotR, Hobbit, appendices... He could make fifty movies.
    Not all of that content would make for a very good film however. They did include some of it in LOTR but left out some as well. I think their best bet would be to leave it after these two films. Using something from Unfinished Tales or the Silmarillion could go poorly.