Poll: Dwarf

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teddybearavenger View Post
    The only problem I had with Lord of the rings is how it ended... Sauron should have at least appeard to try to take over the ring or something like that.... I'll watch hobbit for the lolz but it won't be the same knowing that it all ends in utter crap for me ;/
    Well, Sauron's essence was the ring, so he kinda always was in control of it. The two halves needed to come together, that's why he sought it.

Deleted
    Someone fucking get me a TARDIS.

I was to busy watching the trailer like 10000 times in the last number of hours to come and link here on the forums, thankfully IngoDent is on the case!

Holy God it was a brilliant Trailer. I'm camping my local movie theaters websites every day or 2 to make sure I can get Midnight Screening tickets in a good seat.

It's going to be couple of hours of pure joy followed by depression on the 13th when I watch, then realise I'm going to have to wait another year for the next installment

Gollum looks especially incredible with the new technology and battle of the five armies is going to be AMAZING (Provided they show more of it then what we get in the book).

Quote Originally Posted by Daverid View Post
    I was to busy watching the trailer like 10000 times in the last number of hours to come and link here on the forums, thankfully IngoDent is on the case!

Holy God it was a brilliant Trailer. I'm camping my local movie theaters websites every day or 2 to make sure I can get Midnight Screening tickets in a good seat.

It's going to be couple of hours of pure joy followed by depression on the 13th when I watch, then realise I'm going to have to wait another year for the next installment

Gollum looks especially incredible with the new technology and battle of the five armies is going to be AMAZING (Provided they show more of it then what we get in the book).
    This is going to be a two part movie right? Because they didn't show some stuff from the book (which I won't say), so I assume it will be in the next movie.

10+ Year Old Account
    I didnt know the trailer was out already! Looks very promising, finally another movie with LOTR-vibe but I don't have to rewatch the old movies now Can't wait

Nimryas - EU-Kazzak ~ My youtube channel

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    Well, Sauron's essence was the ring, so he kinda always was in control of it. The two halves needed to come together, that's why he sought it.
    I wasn't gonna reply to him because I would undoubtedly become more upset.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Lets say you have a two 3 inch lines. One is all red and the other is 48% red and 52% blue. Does that mean there's a 50-50 chance they're both red or is the second line matching the all red line by 48%?
    ^^^ Wells using an analogy

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sTyLnK View Post
    This is going to be a two part movie right? Because they didn't show some stuff from the book (which I won't say), so I assume it will be in the next movie.
    I read on /Film that it's going to be a 3 parter now with the first part tis xmas, the next the following xmas and the finale during that summer.

Deleted
    3 parts? Yes please.

I hope this is good. I thoroughly enjoyed the original trilogy but i had some issues with it as well. Definitely looking forward to it though

10+ Year Old Account
    The trailer looks amazing, I can't wait. I am honestly excited that it is another Trilogy, I mean I'm worried about how they are going to stretch it, but so far it looks incredible. Plus, I am just overjoyed about getting another chance to venture into Middle Earth for another 3 years.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Blade View Post
    There's nothing for casuals to do, beyond pretend they are raiders in LFR.

Fuzzie is right, trilogy inc YAY

New Hobbit Trailer in Honor of Tolkien Week! Click away.
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...=entertainment
    http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=94946

December 14th cannot come soon enough.

10+ Year Old Account
    oh my.....

dat trailer....

it needs to be december now
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Even when I know it's coming, the end of that trailer cracks me up.

15+ Year Old Account
    Oh god, no... Here's my most anticipated movie in years and it suddenly looks... bad. I know the Hobbit is a more light-hearted book but this seems to be flirting with stupid. And WTF is up with all the CGI, didn't Jackson learn anything from previous flops? Just going way overboard with CGI isn't enough to make a good movie, on the contrary the more the CGI>Everything else the worse a movie is imo.

This newest trailer really has me worried this movie is going to be a major disappointment.
    Facilis Descensus Averno

10+ Year Old Account
    It doesn't seem to have any more CGI than the LOTR triligoy he made to be honest or do you actualy think they got 10000 people dressed up as orcs for the battle of minas tirith? Anyway cant wait for it to come out looks so good.

10+ Year Old Account
    1) I wonder if the Hobbit asking Bilbo where he was going is Old Gaffer Gamgee.

2) Was that really Radagast the Brown riding a sleigh pulled by giant rabbits?

yea it's a bit CGI heavy. problem with CGI is as soon as you see it you know it's CGI. this is why fellowship is my favourite LOTR film, while most people like the other two they just felt saturated with CGI for me.

you have huge battles in the last two but it just doesn't feel epic. battle of amon hen on the other hand from fellowship still gives me goosebumps.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well all the dwarves are full cgi'd and tbh you cant even tell that some are 6ft plus actors. I've always thought that the LoTR trilogy got it right with their cgi they didn't go over the top with it you knew it was their or it wouldn't of been possible but you really didn't care as it wasn't noticeable. Eg. Gandalf shining a beam of light at the nazgul you know its cgi but its not so blatant and sticking out than the shitty cgi of the harry potter spells.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorged View Post
    Well all the dwarves are full cgi'd and tbh you cant even tell that some are 6ft plus actors. I've always thought that the LoTR trilogy got it right with their cgi they didn't go over the top with it you knew it was their or it wouldn't of been possible but you really didn't care as it wasn't noticeable. Eg. Gandalf shining a beam of light at the nazgul you know its cgi but its not so blatant and sticking out than the shitty cgi of the harry potter spells.
    I've gone back and re-watched the LotR trilogy recently and you can see a lot of spots where the CGI just isn't working. Granted it was done a long time ago so you can't really hold too much against it.