Poll: Dwarf

Page 39 of 128 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    Why on earth would it be pronounced like that?
    Because it's the correct way! It's written "Glóin" with a ` to show that the o and i should not be pronounced together, and more like Glow-in or Gloh-in.
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

Does it look much better in 48 fps/3d or 24? The former is hard to get tickets for, people book these faster then the lightning, doesn't matter if it's a screening at 13:00 or 21:00 or any other time. So is it worth watching it in 24? Not that 24 is much easier to score tickets to rofl.
    Last edited by Jackmoves; 2012-12-13 at 12:58 AM.
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    I was sure that was an acute accent. Acute accents mean either stressed or extended vowel pronunciation in English phoneticism.
    Sure you're not confusing ` with ' ?
    To be honest, I don't know I'm just going by what people on tolkien-dedicated forums are saying, and the fact that I myself has always pronounced it like that.

But really, if Glóin is pronounced Gloyn, his father Gróin has a pretty ridiculous name..
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

The Hobbit may have been getting some lukewarm reviews, but based on this forbes review it doesn't reall matter.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/markhugh...-is-a-triumph/

It was a really long and thorough review, unlike many of the negative reviews that were a couple of lazily written paragraphs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Badhairday View Post
    To be honest, I don't know I'm just going by what people on tolkien-dedicated forums are saying, and the fact that I myself has always pronounced it like that.

But really, if Glóin is pronounced Gloyn, his father Gróin has a pretty ridiculous name..
    Well, in the first trailer, Gandalf presents each dwarf and I hear O-in and Glo-in. It's more Gloh-in than Glow-in though, but the two vowells seem separated enough.

I hope that they corrected the pronounciation in the French version though. Because Thorin, Balin, Dwalin, Oin and Gloin with nasal [in] sound silly.

Herald of the Titans Ron Burgundy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    how the fuck has anyone seen the movie yet? its not even out yet

wtf????
    Milk was a bad choice.

2013 MMO-Champion User of the Year (2nd runner up)

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Burgundy View Post

wtf????
    It's out in NZ and parts of Europe already.

australia has to wait till the 24th ><

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    Quote Originally Posted by hellboyy View Post
    australia has to wait till the 24th ><
    If I lived that close to NZ I would be temped to fly there just to watch it.

Deleted

wtf????
    Had premiere in Sweden almost 12h ago.

Herald of the Titans Ron Burgundy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    is sarumon and radagast the brown in it?

PLZ TELL ME
    Milk was a bad choice.

2013 MMO-Champion User of the Year (2nd runner up)

is sarumon and radagast the brown in it?
    Yes. Saruman makes a small appearance and radagast has a few bigger scenes.

Edit: I personally loved the 48 fps. It was awkward for the first 5 minutes maybe but then I got used to it. Movements and camera pans seemed a lot smoother.
    Last edited by Forion; 2012-12-13 at 09:13 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Virgo Supercluster, Local Group, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Solar System, Earth, European Union, Croatia
    This might have already been asked, but anyways, i plan to watch it in IMAX 3D (3rd largest screen in Europe, yay!) and I'm just wondering, what's the 3D like? Is it any better than usual because of the 48 fps (and I'm given to understand that it's 48 because that somehow is supposed to enhance 3D or something)? Also, is the image in general better because of the 48 fps?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerdozia View Post
    Had premiere in Sweden almost 12h ago.
    Actually, it was possible to see it the 11th of December here in Sweden (at least in the city I live in). I saw it yesterday around 13:30 and that was more than 12 hours ago (right now it's around 10:29 here).

STAHP .. YOU'RE MAKING ME SO JEALOUS ALL OF YOU .. STAHP :P

Well I've read over posts and tried to avoid any posts with spoilers (Thanks heaps to those that made it evident there would be spoilers in their posts or used the tags - Which was basically everyone). Everyone here was really good with giving a quick description before going into their 'review' as well so I was able to just read your reaction in that note and gather the gist without having to read anything that might have had some minor/major spoiler.

I regret my brief moments of doubts I had at times, I should have known that the reviewers were just not going to have the same opinions as TRUE LOTR fans, and thankyou all for officially confirming that! Now I'm just super super super super super super super super super super super super Excited but SO MAD that I have another 12 days till it comes out I've officially stopped listening to the soundtrack and I'm swaying clear of any Videos/Trailers or anything just so everything will hopefully be a bit more fresh when I enter the Cinema! So glad I'm going to the 3 sessions over 2 days now

6 hours to go till my showing!

very excited!

I've noticed that literally all the negative reviews so far on Rottentomatoes.com are from newspapers with vile reviewer histories. And two less known net-reviewers that have no interest of mine.

I can't wait to see this. I'm going to indulge myself in it completely. Unfortunately got to wait till the weekend because of work/plans/friends being free then. Sigh.

Deleted
    One of the biggest complaints I'm hearing is it's on for too long. The funny thing is a lot of the biggest complaints about LOTR was there wasn't enough of the original story, it had to be butchered to fit into a trilogy. There's just no pleasing some people :P

Quote Originally Posted by Wikiy View Post
    This might have already been asked, but anyways, i plan to watch it in IMAX 3D (3rd largest screen in Europe, yay!) and I'm just wondering, what's the 3D like? Is it any better than usual because of the 48 fps (and I'm given to understand that it's 48 because that somehow is supposed to enhance 3D or something)? Also, is the image in general better because of the 48 fps?
    3D worked out really well. It was subtle and not blown into your eyes like a gimmick. Instead it was used to convey the atmoshpere, which it did really well.
    Comparisation could easily be made with the pre-movie commercials which simply just abused the whole thing again and again.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Got tickets today by the gf(my bday today and all yay), bless her, will have to wait till the 20th though, but at least it's something!
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...