Poll: Dwarf

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    Awesome, thank you! Instant buy

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gsara View Post
    Did anyone else get chills when the they started singing Misty Mountains? Loved the movie.
    Personally, outside of the lonely mountain scene, the dwarves singing that song was the best part of the movie for me.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

15+ Year Old Account
    Tbh for me to get a real opinion about this movie i need to have seen all 3 parts too realy give it a good rating as with the Tlotr when i say the fellowship i couldnt realy rate it as i didnt understand most of it and it wasnt till i saw TTT when i realy started too understand a lot thats why i cant wait for part 2 so i can give this movie a better view.
    - Vanilla was legitimately bad; we just didn't know any better at the time - SirCowDog

Deleted
    Beautiful, perfect movie. Picked up a copy of the soundtrack (Howard Shore is a master!)

This one is my favourite, had it on repeat for the last several hours!
    Last edited by mmocce36062047; 2012-12-29 at 03:13 PM.

it appears to be blocked in my country (usa). Sad times

Deleted
    well.... that was interesting.

just went to go and see it, film started at 12:15 , i got there a little late just before 12:15, and the guy at the counter said i was the only person who has turned up to watch it, he gave me 3d ticket for half price (£6 instead of £12) and a free bag of sweets with my coke i brought there, and then when i went inside he said i could sit on the premium seats (really comfortable!!) at the back as no one else was here. i was actually the only person in the entire cinema watching it. was good, like my own private cinema. i would go to the early viewing again. when i left there was another showing of it about to start, and it was packed, they were queueing up outside the door, all i could think was suckers!!

anyhow, amazing film!!the only bit i didn't really like was the ogres, i think they made them a bit too silly, sounded more like they belong in a kids cartoon than this. and at the end could the eagles have dropped the dwarves off in anymore of an inconvienent location? there on top of a tall rock with no path down! loved golum, he actually sounded totally insane at times, a complete lunatic. loved the film, cant wait for part 2!!

Deleted
    only bit i didn't really like was the ogres, i think they made them a bit too silly, sounded more like they belong in a kids cartoon than this.
    They were exactly like that in the book.

Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    anyhow, amazing film!!the only bit i didn't really like was the ogres, i think they made them a bit too silly, sounded more like they belong in a kids cartoon than this. and at the end could the eagles have dropped the dwarves off in anymore of an inconvienent location? there on top of a tall rock with no path down! loved golum, he actually sounded totally insane at times, a complete lunatic. loved the film, cant wait for part 2!!
    The Hobbit is a kids cartoon.

From what I've heard the rock that they got dropped off on is explained a lot more in the books and we might know more about it in the next film.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    well.... that was interesting.

just went to go and see it, film started at 12:15 , i got there a little late just before 12:15, and the guy at the counter said i was the only person who has turned up to watch it, he gave me 3d ticket for half price (£6 instead of £12) and a free bag of sweets with my coke i brought there, and then when i went inside he said i could sit on the premium seats (really comfortable!!) at the back as no one else was here. i was actually the only person in the entire cinema watching it. was good, like my own private cinema. i would go to the early viewing again. when i left there was another showing of it about to start, and it was packed, they were queueing up outside the door, all i could think was suckers!!

I kinda like the Highway trolls. Pretty close to how i imagined them (Tolkiens drawings looks abit different - but i think he would be pleased with Wetas trolls tbh).
    The Eagles didnt so much rescue the dwarfs to help them as to piss of the varges and orcs wich they hate. They are not friendly animals. They brought the party to the Lord of Eagles nest because he wants to speak with Gandalf.

Deleted
    i know the trolls are suppose to be stupid, i just dont think they fit with the rest of the film, but apart from that it was excellent.

---------- Post added 2012-12-29 at 05:01 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by verdamte View Post
    I kinda like the Highway trolls. Pretty close to how i imagined them (Tolkiens drawings looks abit different - but i think he would be pleased with Wetas trolls tbh).
    The Eagles didnt so much rescue the dwarfs to help them as to piss of the varges and orcs wich they hate. They are not friendly animals. They brought the party to the Lord of Eagles nest because he wants to speak with Gandalf.

oh i assumed they used the rock in the film so they could get a good view of the mountain

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Verazh View Post
    Im guessing its not the extended edition.
    Most likely.

Because we never saw Bilbo viewing the shards of Narsil while in Rivendell, like he did in the trailer. And it doesn't make sense for that scene to be put into another movie.

15+ Year Old Account
    For someone that hasnt read the book (i will tho but not anytime soon) what can we expect for the 2e movie besides a fight against Smaug.
    - Vanilla was legitimately bad; we just didn't know any better at the time - SirCowDog

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endonyx View Post
    For someone that hasnt read the book (i will tho but not anytime soon) what can we expect for the 2e movie besides a fight against Smaug.
    A giant woodman, a journey through a dark forest, spiders, elves, a battle against an ancient foe and probably a town on a lake. I'm not sure about Smaug.
    "Je vous répondrai par la bouche de mes canons!"

15+ Year Old Account
    Oke so not a fight against smaug then xD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endonyx View Post
    Oke so not a fight against smaug then xD
    It may or may not happen in the second. Not so sure yet. With all that is left (because of all the filler, not that it was a bad thing), they truly are barely into the story.
    "There is no teacher but the enemy. No one but the enemy will tell you what the enemy is going to do. No one but the enemy will ever teach you how to destroy and conquer. Only the enemy shows you where you are weak. Only the enemy tells you where he is strong. And the rules of the game are what you can do to him and what you can stop him from doing to you." -Mazer Rackham - Ender's Game Orson Scott Card

Deleted
    I hate it when people go; ''lolz radagast so silly like jar jar binks for childs''. When did silly, odd and peculiar become for children?

Deleted
    [QUOTE=Northy;11713266]So, is anyone else as excited for this two part movie event as I am? I'm giddy as a school girl.

What do you mean "two" part?? We all know that, there is 3 parts before they made The Hobbit. Fellowship of the Ring, The Two Towers and The Returne of The King.

The more I think about it, the less I actually like the movie, although I still like it and think it's a solid film, I originally thought the movie was a good 8.7ish rating, now I am leaning more toward a 7.

It might have been because my hype for the movie being a Tolkien fan made me think I liked it more than I really did.

I'm not saying I think it's bad, it's no where close to that, it's a very good movie, it just doesn't really hit great for me yet.

I will need to wait and see the other two too see if my opinion changes again, i'm not so sure what caused me to dislike the movie more a couple weeks or so after I saw it (same happened to me after the Dark Knight Rises, Amazing Spider-Man, Brave, and Prometheus)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontenac View Post
    A giant woodman, a journey through a dark forest, spiders, elves, a battle against an ancient foe and probably a town on a lake. I'm not sure about Smaug.
    Well, if we're to believe IMDb then Smaug will not be in the third film since he's not credited as such. I'm not sure how accurate these things are, but I accept it for now.

10+ Year Old Account
    A week ago or so, they released a preview picture from the next movie and it showed Bilbo in a pile of gold looking surprised/scared, so unless Smaug is in both 2nd and 3rd movie they'll face him in the 2nd. For those with FB, check the official Hobbit page :>

Just saw the movie for the fifth time, but the first time with 48 fps. After reading a couple of reviews here I was expecting things to move fast, and I instantly noticed that when Bilbo is looking through his chest for his book he moved faster than before.. and after that it felt like I've always watched it in 48 fps. Nothing distracting/annoying at all. Only thing that I really noticed that changed (apart from what I just mentioned) is that it was much easier to see what happened during action scenes, which can't be anything but a good thing. No idea what critics are on about.
    Cave Cave Deus Videt