Deleted

Disc BG stuff. need some tips.

after some time not doing pvp on my priest i wanted to get some more into it again.
    but i cant realy care about arena's but i like battlegrounds.

battleground healing is something totally different from arena healing thats why i need some tips

-what spec would be most usefull? the most pvp specs i come accros ar based on arena pvp.
    - evangelism/archangel/attonement usefull? cause in most arena specs i dont see people use it.

i know i could find out much what spells to use by the spec but stil some further questions regarding spells.

- Greater heal.. usefull? i dont find myself using it very much cause of the slower casting time and the big dmg people tend to get. or cause of the not getting a chance to get 1 off cause i have multiple people on me with stuns.
    - Renew? currently i dont use it much but that is also cause of not having it buffed through stats.
    - Mind spike Mind blast vs Smite holy fire? MS MB ar shadow school. doesnt matter if that gets interupted. smite / holy fire could be more usefull with atonement.
    - Dots or save mana?

that was mainly where i need help with. anny other information is always welcome to

grz.

Here I go ~>
    Quote Originally Posted by Deschim View Post
    -what spec would be most usefull? the most pvp specs i come accros ar based on arena pvp.
    Best to use one with the improved shadowfiend as mana is an issue in more drawn out BG battles. Also it allows you to stay on the move. Something like 31/8/2.
    - evangelism/archangel/attonement usefull? cause in most arena specs i dont see people use it.
    No. It is a talent point dump and it doesnt work for a few reasons. If you are trying to put out pressure, mindspike x3 and mindblast will be much more effective and WILL NOT put your holy school at risk. Speccing for smite dps is a huge talent dump in the holy and disc tree.
    i know i could find out much what spells to use by the spec but stil some further questions regarding spells.

- Greater heal.. usefull? i dont find myself using it very much cause of the slower casting time and the big dmg people tend to get. or cause of the not getting a chance to get 1 off cause i have multiple people on me with stuns.
    Flash heal if you really need the heal. Gheal provides more time for you to get interrupted and it goes back to a talent dump for effectiveness. Some people take the redux cast time in the holy tree, but its situational use is not worth it imo. More flash heals allow for a faster redux on weakened soul, which is the bread n butter. Just my personal view.
    - Renew? currently i dont use it much but that is also cause of not having it buffed through stats.
    Dispel protection and although terrible, can be the +14/16k while you are stunned.
    - Mind spike Mind blast vs Smite holy fire? MS MB ar shadow school. doesnt matter if that gets interupted. smite / holy fire could be more usefull with atonement.
    See above
    - Dots or save mana?
    Your job is to heal. Better to save mana. If you need to damage someone start mind spiking. Use plague to keep stealthers from restealthing.

In BGs remember you can shackle a DKs using Lichborne. You can also use MC as an interupt (A /cancelaura macro coupled with MC makes it a .3 second MC, like a ghetto shear), and... yeah. Advantages of being smart in the middle of the cluster@$! that are BGs

Hope that helped.
    Last edited by Jubite; 2011-06-02 at 09:06 PM.

Might wanna put /quote in the end quote tags. Kinda messy there.

while most of this stuff is answered in other posts, ill address your questions.
    -greater heal, yes useful but depends on situation (4 ppl on you, dont bother.) however if you position yourself right its great.
    -renew, also use this but dont run around hotting everyone, yourself and a few others is good though.
    -mind spike/MB is the way to go, for the reason you mentioned as well as smite/atonement is a waste of talent points just to make it on par with mind spike.
    -in bg's dont bother with dots unless its on a rogue/feral.
    -lastly as a disc priest in a bg, theres usually so much opportunity to heal/fear bomb that trying to dps is really a waste, its better to keep real dps alive to kill other team.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroEdgeir View Post
    Might wanna put /quote in the end quote tags. Kinda messy there.
    ^.^ Trying my best with an iPhone. Fixed though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Could you please post your PVP disc spec? kinda interested. Also armory would we great, so I can check out gemming and such, as Im completely blank when it comes to priest pvp.
    Warlock (SL main)

In a random BG i would defo go for atonement spec, arena not a chance. Getting interrupted in a BG is both considerably less frequent and atonement will see you put out both the damage and healing, which consider when you are outnumbered, is very very effective.

Quote Originally Posted by Thundertom View Post
    Could you please post your PVP disc spec? kinda interested. Also armory would we great, so I can check out gemming and such, as Im completely blank when it comes to priest pvp.
    http://www.wowhead.com/talent#bfhzrosbforofzMZ0b Imo

Quote Originally Posted by Jeleh View Post
    In a random BG i would defo go for atonement spec, arena not a chance. Getting interrupted in a BG is both considerably less frequent and atonement will see you put out both the damage and healing, which consider when you are outnumbered, is very very effective.
    Why spam smite for more healing instead of just healing? Not to mention the mana dump?

Deleted
    thankz for the help so far ife thrown the dots of my bars *except DP but not usin it now.

and yeah the 31.8.2 spec seems to work fine. it was almost the same as i had before only switched points to Improved renew and veiled shadows

stil find myself outhealed by warriors but thats mostly cause i play defensive. *keep an eye on the flag etc... cause damd dps keeps rushing*

15+ Year Old Account
    Not that it makes too much of a difference, but I don't think absorbs are counted in "Healing Done" on the BG meters.

10+ Year Old Account
    For starting PVP gear (the honor stuff) would u gem RES for yellows and STA/RES INT/RES for others?

Also, are there RES enchants for all slots available?
    Warlock (SL main)

15+ Year Old Account
    I put 40 Resi in Yellow, 20 Int/ 20 Res in Red and 20 Int/ 20 Spi in Blue because Spi/Resi doesn't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultima View Post
    I put 40 Resi in Yellow, 20 Int/ 20 Res in Red and 20 Int/ 20 Spi in Blue because Spi/Resi doesn't exist.
    With focused will I'd rather have throughput than resil stacking. Id do int/resil in yellows at best, pure int red, and then in/spir in blues personally.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jubite View Post
    With focused will I'd rather have throughput than resil stacking. Id do int/resil in yellows at best, pure int red, and then in/spir in blues personally.
    But you might be in a higher gearlevel then I am.
    Warlock (SL main)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultima View Post
    Not that it makes too much of a difference, but I don't think absorbs are counted in "Healing Done" on the BG meters.
    nah ok winning is more important then meters but stil its nice to see.
    and after a few days practicing *also with razer mouse and healing* its going pretty well now

For starting PVP gear (the honor stuff) would u gem RES for yellows and STA/RES INT/RES for others?

Also, are there RES enchants for all slots available?
    personally i rather gem for throughput and not for resi. atleast intellect in all slots. *its our strongest stat*

and only 40 resi enchant on chest as far as i know